The Everton Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4K
  • Views Views 346K
Now we just need Arsenal to implode. C'me on Arsene-wadya say mate?

Why do we always have to suffer against the bottom teams? It's going to give me a heart attack.

Last edited:
I know but in the first half they had double digits for shots and we only managed 2 or 3!

Everton have announced that Goodison Park will be opened on the 25th Anniversary of the Hillsborough Disaster to screen the memorial service for the 96 victims being held across Stanley Park at Anfield.

The club's manager Roberto Martinez will give a speech at the service on April 15, while chairman Bill Kenwright will be in attendance at Goodison with the rest of the first-team squad to watch the live screening.

"Two much-admired, world famous football clubs have stood shoulder-to-shoulder since the unimaginable tragedy at Hillsborough some 25 years ago," said Kenwright.

"Everton will continue to provide support whenever we can to the remarkable Hillsborough Family Support Group .

"We are proud of them, and for them. We also know the compassion and fraternity that transcends our city would have been there, unswerving and unconditional, if the balls (in the FA Cup Semi-Final draw) had simply come out differently prior to that fateful day."

After the screening Everton will hold a short memorial of their own after which a group of local school children will lead a procession from Goodison Park to Anfield, holding 96 linked football scarves to represent the unity of Everton and Liverpool since the disaster in 1989.

Last week, Everton announced they would erect a Hillsborough memorial plaque to pay tribute to the 96 fans who lost their lives.

Source: Goodison Park open on 25th anniversary of Hillsborough to screen memorial service | Football News | Sky Sports

Looks like Jagielka is going to miss the Arsenal game sadly. But Stones has been a revelation so not too downhearted. Besides-a certain Mr Barkley should be fit to start after his calf problem against Fulham

I'll miss the game as I have a 3-hour trip to visit my grandmother for her 90th birthday, hopefully I'll get some good news when I get off the bus.

Everton

Howard, Coleman, Stones, Distin, Baines, McCarthy, Barry, Naismith, Osman, Mirallas, Lukaku.

Subs: Robles, Hibbert, McGeady, Barkley, Garbutt, Alcaraz, Deulofeu.

Arsenal: Szczesny, Sagna, Mertesacker, Vermaelen, Monreal, Flamini, Arteta, Rosicky, Cazorla, Podolski, Giroud.
Subs: Viviano, Ramsey, Sanogo, Jenkinson, Kallstrom, Bellerin,
Oxlade-Chamberlain.

So much riding on this game. Wish I kept the bottle of wine. Thankfully off license just across the road

Sigh. First injury. Osman off.

On comes Barkley

Have to say Arsenal have been surprisingly poor past few minutes. Showing no urgency whatsoever. Which makes me happy.

Though of course I said that now they'll probably score. It's what normally happens when I open my gob lol

No desire. No fight. unable to even take a corner properly. Arsenal have been just poor.

As for us. Nothing flashy. Not ripped them to shreds. But unlike Arsenal we've done the footballing basics properly, and have been very solid. Excellent 1st half and delighted with it. But 2-0 is still a dangerous scoreline. One more goal should seal it. It's our win to throw away now

Back