The Everton Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4K
  • Views Views 346K
James Ducker ✔@DuckerTheTimes
Tom Cleverley will join Everton this week. It will be a five year contract. Story in @TimesSport tomo #EFC #MUFC #AVFC

jOWwMpdO_normal.jpg
Amy Lewis
@SkySportsAmy Sources: Cleverley is having a medical at #EFC after agreeing 5 yr deal. He's expected to sign today.

The bitters thinking big as ever.

This has been a wealth of text entertainment today lol.

Hardly. I've never been bitter. Yeah we had a **** season, and we can never think big until we get a new stadium. If some Everton fans are thinking big they are misguided. There's a fine line between dreaming and realism. And the realism is until we get more investment we're stuck where we are. Simple as.

So what do you Evertonians think about the potential sale of John Stones to Chelsea? It'd be good to hear an Everton fans opinion on the matter.

If he does leave it won't be this season. He'll be guaranteed playing time at Goodison and that's something he needs for his development. There's too much quality at Chelsea so he won't be guaranteed that on a consistent basis imo.

If he did leave it would be a huge blow imo. We need a quality player to go alongside the likes of Jags who's getting on now, and need someone with the versatility to cover more than one position. If the board/gaffer have any sense they'll do whatever it takes to keep him

If he does leave it won't be this season. He'll be guaranteed playing time at Goodison and that's something he needs for his development. There's too much quality at Chelsea so he won't be guaranteed that on a consistent basis imo.

If he did leave it would be a huge blow imo. We need a quality player to go alongside the likes of Jags who's getting on now, and need someone with the versatility to cover more than one position. If the board/gaffer have any sense they'll do whatever it takes to keep him
30mill plus and your board will take the money and run. Never going to progress with those leeches pulling kenwrights strings.

30mill plus and your board will take the money and run. Never going to progress with those leeches pulling kenwrights strings.

Yeah, this is the only situation where I can see Stones leaving at the moment. He's got a relatively new five-year contract and from what I understand he's more than happy at Everton. But like you've said, if we offer £30m+ I reckon they'll sell.

Tbf I think he can get 30 odd appearances under his belt. Terry can't go on forever, Cahill isn't the best CB and Zouma is still raw. Agreed that he will progress faster if he remains at Everton though

Mx74TJf0_normal.png
Everton
@Everton CONFIRMED: We have completed the signing of 18-year-old defender Mason Holgate from Barnsley for an undisclosed fee. #EFC

Back