The Everton Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4K
  • Views Views 346K
I was actually about to watch the match. Then I saw who the referee is

No surprise it was a draw tbh. 1 point better than 0

Enjoyed Lukaku's performance today. Everton will one day sell him for twice what they paid most definitely

Just woken up to find out that Howard Kendall has passed away. Absolutely gutted. He gave me so many happy memories as a kid supporting Everton, especially watching my first ever cup final against Watford-just a great manager, player and person in general. Just crushed.

Football League First Division champions: 1984–85, 1986–87
Football League First Division runner-up: 1985–86
FA Cup winner: 1983–84
FA Cup runner-up: 1984–85, 1985–86
FA Charity Shield winner: 1984–85, 1985–86, 1986–87
European Cup Winners' Cup winner: 1984–85
Football League Cup runner-up: 1983–84
Screen Sport Super Cup runner-up: 1985–86
Full Members Cup runner-up: 1990–91

RIP Howard Kendall.

Last edited:
That applause for Howard Kendall sounded tremondous. Sent shivers up my spine if I'm honest. Tremondous from the crowd

Ross Barkley take a bow young sir. Very well taken goal indeed.

3-1 up now against Citeh. Which means we should start to throw the game away at about the 70 minute mark

Ross Barkley take a bow young sir. Very well taken goal indeed.

3-1 up now against Citeh. Which means we should start to throw the game away at about the 70 minute mark

**** of a placed web.

Enjoyed the deflected equaliser more like. :P.

What the **** is with all the yellow bananas in the crowd?

Haha. You're probably too young to remember the inflatable craze. (Which we never took part in thank God. Much too cool for that.).

Late '80's, City started it with said bananas (**** knows why bananas) at a cup game at Brentford. Then the next round Brentford came to ours with a load of inflatable bees. Quite a few other clubs had inflatables. Not surprisingly the 'inflatable era' didn't last long lol.

**** knows why City are out in force with them tonight? But then they're Mancs so **** knows why they do anything they do?

Haha. You're probably too young to remember the inflatable craze. (Which we never took part in thank God. Much too cool for that.).

Late '80's, City started it with said bananas (**** knows why bananas) at a cup game at Brentford. Then the next round Brentford came to ours with a load of inflatable bees. Quite a few other clubs had inflatables. Not surprisingly the 'inflatable era' didn't last long lol.

**** knows why City are out in force with them tonight? But then they're Mancs so **** knows why they do anything they do?

Sounds like a massive joke. If I see anyone with a ******* banana in Anfield they'll be getting slapped.

Sounds like a massive joke. If I see anyone with a ******* banana in Anfield they'll be getting slapped.

Lmao. Ourselves and Everton were always way too cool to resort to gimmicks like that. Passed the City by.

Did you see the absolute knobheads the main stand paddock who'd taken selfies with both De Gea and Van Gaal the other Sunday? Seriously, L'pool fans taking themselves with Utd players on their 'phone. Like who do you show that to? More ******** friends?

****, not too long before the inflatables we were throwing ammonia at Utd players. (Not that I'm condoning that at all. Just a sign of the times back then.). Now we want a photie with them.

Seriously la, the modern game is so f-ed up in so many ways I can't begin to tell yer'.

Imre Varadi, old player sounded like Imre Bananas over the tannoy.

**** i'm old.

Imre Varadi, old player sounded like Imre Bananas over the tannoy.

**** i'm old.

LOL. Is the what it was? Never knew that. Or I'm that old my memory's forgotten haha.

Imre Varadi, who Grobbelaar once tipped up on the half way line trying to tackle to the utter shock of Hansen, lol. Left Varadi with an open Kop end net for Sheffield Wednesday.

Last edited:
There we go bye bye final. Thanks to defending so deep we'd go deeper than any chasm in the ocean.

Edit-though it appears the ball was out of play. If the ball was out of play I'm seriously going to lose my s**t......

There we go bye bye final. Thanks to defending so deep we'd go deeper than any chasm in the ocean.

Edit-though it appears the ball was out of play. If the ball was out of play I'm seriously going to lose my s**t......

It wasn't just out of play, it was back down the East Lancs at Goodison!

Lose away haha.

Back