The Everton Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4K
  • Views Views 346K
Highlight for me from this match oddly is nothing to do with the goals (and apart from the pen save).

It was Distin matching Lukaku stride for stride to snuff out an attacking move. And Distin is 38. Is that normal? It seems Distin is never ever going to slow down lol

Farhad Moshiri's deal to become Everton's new major shareholder has been approved by the Premier League.

The Iranian-British businessman had agreed to buy a 49.9% stake in the club on Friday February 26 subject to the league ratifying the deal through its fit and proper person’s test.

And, after being given the go-ahead on Tuesday afternoon, 60-year-old Moshiri is now the biggest shareholder at Goodison Park.

The former Arsena; stakeholder has already stated that funds will be available to manager Roberto Martinez to strengthen his squad in the summer.

Moshiri, who is valued at £1.3bn, will also look to help fund either a new stadium for the Toffees, or to renovate Goodison itself.
Evertonians may get their first glimpse of Mr Moshiri at Saturday’s FA Cup quarter-final home tie against Chelsea.

And it is also expected that, now that the deal has been approved, Mr Moshiri will outline his plans for the club in the near future.

So to me that says Martinez will be keeping his job. Interesting. And the Premier League had better have checked everything. I don't trust them at all

Farhad Moshiri's deal to become Everton's new major shareholder has been approved by the Premier League.

The Iranian-British businessman had agreed to buy a 49.9% stake in the club on Friday February 26 subject to the league ratifying the deal through its fit and proper person’s test.

And, after being given the go-ahead on Tuesday afternoon, 60-year-old Moshiri is now the biggest shareholder at Goodison Park.

The former Arsena; stakeholder has already stated that funds will be available to manager Roberto Martinez to strengthen his squad in the summer.

Moshiri, who is valued at £1.3bn, will also look to help fund either a new stadium for the Toffees, or to renovate Goodison itself.
Evertonians may get their first glimpse of Mr Moshiri at Saturday’s FA Cup quarter-final home tie against Chelsea.

And it is also expected that, now that the deal has been approved, Mr Moshiri will outline his plans for the club in the near future.

So to me that says Martinez will be keeping his job. Interesting. And the Premier League had better have checked everything. I don't trust them at all

Off to a good start too

Very big rumour doing the rounds that if we lose today Martinez will not be manager next season

Why are they doing the Semi Final draw during the One Show? Last time they did that it was an absolute embarrassment. Jesus wept

As if it wasn't bad enough putting Everton at tea time on the Sat'day for the Semi with the last train home around 9 (makes it tight if you've extra time and penalty's), there's now NO trains back to the North Westl on the Saturday night down to the works on the line. Which will be even worse if it's against Utd.

All the while you have 2 Southern based sides on London's doorstep playing Sunday afternoon.

The FA are a continued complete and utter disgrace.

Lukaku confirming to Sky Sports News he wants to leave the club. Can't blame him. We've been ****-simple as. We should have been in a far stronger position than where we are now. Where we are now is unacceptable with the players we have in the squad-deserves to be at a bigger club like Bayern.

I would hope it's done in an amicable manner and not a long drawn out affair. That would annoy the **** out of me.

Pienaar has also said he's ready to leave to get first time football-even considering a drop down to the Championship. What got my attention though-

The South African declared himself fit to play, but said that he has no idea why he has not been in the matchday squad for the last six weeks and also revealed that the club have ignored calls to discuss what happens when his contract expires in June.

“I’m 100 percent fit and felt in good form when I played some games in January,” Pienaar told KickOff.com. “I haven’t been in the squad for the last six weeks, I don’t know why, and obviously this is a concern for me. But that is the coach’s decision and I must respect that.

“Waiting until the end of the season to hear whether or not Everton wish to extend my contract is unreasonable, I feel. It’s not the way I envisaged ending my career at a club that has been such a major part of my life.

“My representatives have tried a number of times, unsuccessfully, to get hold of the club to talk about my future and get some indication, so I remain in the dark. Obviously I need to keep my options open because I would still like to keep playing for another couple of seasons at least."

If that's the case that is diabolical treatment-and it seems it's happening more under the current management. Players at Everton have always worked hard and been loyal-and when something like this happens after the stint they've put in, and the commitment they've shown is 100% unacceptable. They better dam well sort it out. No club should do that. None-it's a players career they are fking with.

Last edited:
Meh. As I predicted. Just need to see now if we actually finish above 16th in table. Not counting on it

I really wonder about some so called Everton "fans". Yes we've been absolute garbage this season so morale is going to be poor, but already saying (along with some Spurs fans) that Leicester will be relegated next season, and that they're hardly "champions material" is absolutely proposterous and downright insulting to what Leicester have achieved, and the players and management/staff at the club.

What they fail to realise is, along with bitter Spurs fans is, Leicester have lost 3 matches all season. That is the form of Champions. There is a reason we are giving Leicester a guard of honor. Just wish people would show a bit of class and respect. Show some humility.

I'm just made up that yers all will get to see a trophy lifted this weekend.

I know it's been a lifetime like but that'll be the big silvery thing Leicester get. :P.

So we're 2-0 down already. So Everton proved me wrong. Was expecting to be 3-0 down by now

Not even the worst pub team in England could play as bad as we are right now. Utterly hilarious pmsl

Just read in Dutch news that Frank De Boer would be open for clubs like Everton and Valencia. Altough he will first talk to the club what his decision will be: Stay at Ajax or move to another club. He has a very good record: In 5,5 years he has been headcoach of Ajax he is about to win his 5th national championship. Only downside is that he has failed all the time in Europe. (Oke, given he has been put a few times in the pool of death)

So, what's your opinion on this? Everton a good club for Frank De Boer?

Anyone would be good for Everton at the moment, the whole squad looks demoralised and without ideas.

Just read in Dutch news that Frank De Boer would be open for clubs like Everton and Valencia. Altough he will first talk to the club what his decision will be: Stay at Ajax or move to another club. He has a very good record: In 5,5 years he has been headcoach of Ajax he is about to win his 5th national championship. Only downside is that he has failed all the time in Europe. (Oke, given he has been put a few times in the pool of death)

So, what's your opinion on this? Everton a good club for Frank De Boer?

He has a track record of success, he's good at developing players and he can organise a defence (unlike someone) so... yes.

He has a track record of success, he's good at developing players and he can organise a defence (unlike someone) so... yes.

I meant more if it would be a sane choice for De Boer to move to Everton ;)

Anyways, I think he has been so succesful because he knows the in's and out's of Ajax. Being it his club when he was a player, he was coach for u19 and with the revolution of Cruijf all his friends went to join him and made the club exactly as it would fit Frank. There is no chance he will have this kind of say in any other club, so it will need a good fundament to get even close to the same succes he has had at Ajax.

What do you think Evertons losses will be during summer?
Must have new head coach and GK. Lukaku should leave, maybe Stones. How are things with Barkley?

Lukaku is definately leaving, Pienaar I suspect won't be offered a new contract (which for him is a good thing-he's been treated like ****) and Tim Howard (heading back to US and MLS). Gibbo has yet to be offered a new contract, same for Hibbert, Osman and Felipe Mattioni.

Stones will leave I suspect, unless we get a new manager in-he's regressing. Everyone can see it. Barkley is also a contendor for possible move. When I've seen him recently his frustration has boiled over on to the pitch when other players are no longer making an effort for the team. We need another CB-Jags is 34 now so natural regression will take over.

When all is said and done, who leaves and who comes in pretty much depends on the managerial situation I suspect. The only players who have shown an ounce of proffesionalism lately are players like Baines, Jagielka etc. Absolute role models and utterly professional no matter how bad it got

Last edited:
Back