The Everton Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4K
  • Views Views 346K
Lukaku, Stones, Delofeu, Barkley all need to leave or get a better manager in.

Fans dont deserve the ***** Martinez served up. And he had the nerve to sandbag Baines

Martinez is finished, can't imagine him staying after this.

Well....there you go. I predicted what would happen on the Prem League thread, but we excelled ourselves tonight. I have no words. I will be calling for Martinez to go or to have significant changes and it's not a statement I make lightly. My mates are Newcastle fans and I warned them this morning-if we play the way have the past few months against Sunderland they'd be playing Championship football next season and they laughed at me (though that's also their clubs fault too obviously) saying not even we could play that bad. The only saving grace right now is the goal difference that is keeping us off 16th place. No words can sum up just how much I'm seething right now.

We are just absolutely pathetic. What happened tonight was not Everton FC. People involved should utterly, utterly ashamed of themselves and do the right thing and either leave, or put themselves on the transfer list. Martinez-do the right thing and leave with a slight shred of dignity. It's clear you lost it. Give us back the Everton we know and love.

Last edited:
Shocking mate. I thought he was doing a great job. :)

Kept them up again which is about the standard the PL for our 'friends' across the way there. :P.

Just a pity he couldn't win the Cup and have a crack at beating Moyes AWESOME record of going out of two different European competitions at the qualifying round stage in the space of a month!

But hey, I've just been reliably informed by one that Mourinho should now be in play now they have money. And he was actually dead serious bless him!

I'd rather have Jammie Carragher at Goodison. Be a perfect fit for the club .....

Well yers already got Barkley the boyhood red so Carragher the boyhood blue has a nice ring to it.

Not sure either side of the City could cope with the fall out from that like but it'd be fun haha.

Well yers already got Barkley the boyhood red so Carragher the boyhood blue has a nice ring to it.

Not sure either side of the City could cope with the fall out from that like but it'd be fun haha.

Well we've had players switching sides in their careers, and other managers swapping for rivals etc. I wouldn't have a problem with it. Put it this way if it came to me to pick Carra or Jose I know exactly who I'd go for and it would be a split second decision-actually even quicker.

So far though we're being linked with De Boer which makes sense due to his sudden availability, and his work with youth players but as far as I understand it he hasn't ruled out a break and obviously Valencia are an extremely good team. Regardless though he's 1/2 to be next manager. We're also being linked with Koeman and Mark Hughes.

Seen a few linked names to Everton job. Pellegrini, De Boer and Bielsa. Gonna be a tough job for whoever takes over, can see a few players leaving

Not going to lie, this from Tim Howard got me a bit in the feels;

"I remember the promise that David Moyes made to me 10 years ago: 'once you walk through those doors, you'll fall in love'.
"Today, I will walk through those doors one more time, and then I will depart.

"I will depart with love in my heart for the greatest of football clubs, the people's club, Everton FC.

"I will always be thankful to so many. Of course, the fans - those who bring such passion and make Everton what it is. My team-mates. Among others, Tony Hibbert, Leon Osman and Leighton Baines were always a shining example of how a true Evertonian should train, play and act.

"Phil Jagielka has been the greatest and strongest captain, and it has been a privilege to follow him. Two great managers. David Moyes was the ultimate leader, combining strength and integrity. I am greatly indebted to Roberto Martinez for his decency and commitment to me as a player and a man.

"My wonderful chairman, Bill Kenwright, whose approving smile from the directors' box will be an enduring memory; words cannot express my gratitude.

"And there are so many others that work at the club or support the club who are all part of my family, now and forever.

"I will soon walk out on the Goodison pitch, the 414th time I have been honoured and trusted to wear the famous Everton shirt. I will walk out of the tunnel one more time to hear Z-Cars and the thunderous applause of 40,000 Evertonians. I will hold these images and sounds with me wherever I go.

"I am going home to America. But after a decade in blue, this is my home. I love all of you, and am so grateful for what the club and everybody affiliated with it has given me.

"Everton, you have become a part of my soul. You'll forever be in my heart. COYB!"

Great stuff from Howard, I know he's been there ages but didn't realise it was that many games

Has there been any news about potential manager?
Been out from the rumor mill for some time.

Been linked with a few. Ronald Koeman has snubbed any offer before they are made though as he's waiting on hopefully being offered the Arsenal job in a years time.....optomism aplenty there.

HOWEVER-Lucien Favre has held a series of talks with the club. Frank De Boer is still favorite. Though why Pelligrini and Jose are being linked is beyond me-it's absolutely ludicrous. They are managers for bigger clubs

Just saw a rumour that Moshiri intends to get David Dean on board at Everton.

Back