The Everton Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4K
  • Views Views 346K
Think they are probably quiet because of the potential outgoings, would imagine they're waiting to see what happens with Stones and Lukaku before commiting big money on players, although wasn't they in for Witsel as it looks as though he most definitely off

So far we've bought:

Chris Renshaw - Oldham - undisclosed
Bassala Sambou - Coventry - as per above
Maarten Stekelenburg - Fulham - as per above

So yeah. It's all going off................

And whoever said we're going to "blow Liverpool out the water" needs a clip round the ear. We were utter **** last season and are on course to repeat it this season

How'd the Betis game end up? I know quite a few lads who were narked it was in Dresden and not Seville and that the Espanyol friendly is at Goodison and not in Barcelona.

You've got an excellent manager in place so at least the futures a LOT brighter than it was under clueless Bobby Brown Shoes. And they have renamed the stands so that's two good moves from the new owner.

*Feel good me.

Drew 1-1 then lost on pens. Meh.

Manager is excellent. Squad needs a revamp though. Need fresh blood and captains. And we need some creativity aswell. Until we do that-it's going to be a long season for the gaffer and the fans. As far Lukaku-his commitment was clearly elsewhere

Lol. Yeh, pre-season kick-around 'meh' but ta all the same.

I hear yer on the lack of transfer activity, but you should see a big turnaround as we get into the season. I get the impression Koeman, being Dutch and being brought up that way, is a lot like Klopp who puts a lot of emphasis on time spent the training ground coaching. It's gonna' be a process, and the squad needs an overhaul, but he'll sort you out.

Just need to ride out the bumps along the way and be patient with him.

*Edit* Good luck opening day. Could do with Tottenham starting out pointless. :D.

Last edited:

Graeme Bailey– ‏@GraemeBailey

yH5BAEKAAEALAAAAAANAAwAAAILjI+py+0Po5y0ngIAOw==

Idrissa Gueye done for Everton and they are pushing hard for Lamine Kone. [url]https://twitter.com/ToffeeWeb/status/760489608551424000 …[/URL]

Roberto Martinez is now the manager of Belgium of all places

*****! Bobby Brown Shoes the new manager of Belgium! That's as bad as Allardyce getting the England gig.

You don't need much pedigree to get a top International job these days,

Tbf what other good managers are available now anyways? He will be an upgrade on Wilmots whatever said and done.

Dont know who else is avaliable, although have read about the AA gent manager being highly regarded, but the last ring Belgium need is a manager who is known for having a poor defence

£50 mil for Stones and replace him with Williams for £12mil. Pretty good deal imo.

Back