The Everton Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4K
  • Views Views 346K
Once you've been a blue, the delusion NEVER leaves you .....

Seamus Coleman reminds me of Luis Suarez says Phil Neville #EFC

[FONT=&quot]Former Everton captain Phil Neville says Seamus Coleman reminds him of Luis Suarez.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Neville, in an interview with Graham Hunter, says the Blues' right-back has the same 'street footballer' mentality that Suarez

Adding some context to a very clickbaity title[/FONT]

Former Everton captain Phil Neville says Seamus Coleman reminds him of Luis Suarez.
Neville, in an interview with Graham Hunter, says the Blues' right-back has the same 'street footballer' mentality that Suarez

Adding some context to a very clickbaity title

I read the Echo piece and it's still an absolutely ridiculous comparison to make whatever context he was attempting.

As with the previous two Friday night games, an absolute disgrace that they have Palace fans coming up from London when there's no train back from Liverpool after 10 to 9 outside of the bollocks all night sleeper that has long layovers in places.

Ridiculous idea to start with from Sky made even worse that there's no agreement on Friday night games being 'local' affairs within a certain radius.

But since when did Sky give a flying F about the match going football fan? Swansea- Liverpool tomorrow dinner- Having to get up the crack of dawn if you're going to South Wales ..... TWATS!

Last edited:
What gives on Ross Barkley?

The hatred from every blue here you hear for him is off the charts. I mean hatred to the point most are completely done with him and want him gone. Granted his form is rank bad and he hasn't kicked on the way he should of. But he's far from the bad footballer he's being made out to be. Staggers me to see Evertonian's turn so much on their own after they were full of him being 'a better version of Gerrard' when he broke through.

He can't of dropped so far to warrant this surely?

Some fans are really really stupid it appears. They forget Everton are not a one man band. Things go wrong they for some stupid reason blame Barkley. And the press definately are not helping.

Personally I think he needs coaching, and a mentor ; a la McAllister was for Gerrard.

He's only 22 years old and has a long time to go yet, and these people forget he was always told to hold back on tackling etc and had the basics coached OUT of him. He needs coaching to get these things put back in his mindset. And of course people aren't patient. What do they expect from him-to carry the whole team? Yeah he's had a patchy phase but there's not one player in football in the world who hasn't had a bad patch. Be it world class or sunday league player.

The fans mouthing off right now don't know a **** thing about football and should get off his back as should the press. They should just stfu. There's other players who have played worse so where's their criticism?

Imbaciles :@

Pretty much what I've been asking/ arguing ..... uhmm, not arguing as such just trying to reason with Evertonian friends/ colleagues. This assertion that he's '****' is patently ridiculous. Everton have had their fair share of real ***** and he's the furthest thing from that. As you say all players have dips in form. Not least young ones. And he's never struck me as someone who doesn't work for the team.

Just astounds me that things have turned so quickly on one of your own.

Imbeciles indeed.

*Edit* Kudos on the excellent start to the year BTW. Seem's to be levelling out the last couple of games. And there's far sterner tests to come than what you've faced thus far. But you can only play what's in front of you and results wise at least, you've handled that pretty well thus far through all the change to Koeman's style and demands.

Last edited:
*Edit* Kudos on the excellent start to the year BTW. Seem's to be levelling out the last couple of games. And there's far sterner tests to come than what you've faced thus far. But you can only play what's in front of you and results wise at least, you've handled that pretty well thus far through all the change to Koeman's style and demands.[/QUOTE]
ok who the **** are you and where is the real scouse

^ Which wasn't even in this century, 21 years ago - so his point is still very much valid haha.

^ Which wasn't even in this century, 21 years ago - so his point is still very much valid haha.

I don't mind Keane but his constant narking at Everton is getting tedious. It's an ongoing thing here. Ireland keep picking players who aren't even back in training for Everton after injury and they take exception when Everton try pull them.

Just let it go.

Roy Keane. The same Roy Keane who walked out on his team during the World Cup. Got more respect for white dog **** than him. His opinion on Everton means jack s**t to be honest. He'd do better to keep his mouth shut

I am now proceeding to make 15:00 - 16:50 a time to practice consuming copious amounts of alcohol. By time final score arrives the result will be irrelevant.

Another standard season for us.

Not seen it yet tbh. As per usual we were slow out the starting blocks. And it's getting pretty tiresome tbh. We created more in the first half but as per-nothing to show for it

I have nothing to add. We're just going through the motions of seasons before this one.

Need to do something in January because this is spiralling out of control fast. With Arsenal and L'pool next up before Chrimbo, you could well be in a relegation fight come Christmas and no sign of where a wins coming from.

Very happy Evertonian right now-and jesus wept what a finish at the end with the double line clearance.

Sour note though is losing Jags for the Derby

I don't care what anyone says, Seamus Coleman is as good a full back as there is in the league for me, and wouldn't be out of place in the slightest at a CL club.

Anyway, good start from the blues! Bossed this derby for this first 25.

Back