The Everton Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4K
  • Views Views 346K
Officially it's £75m (+£15m potentially in add ons), so no it's not £100m as you keep saying Scouse.

Rooney can't really be considered anything either because he isn't officially part of the deal. You can say it's good or bad that their getting Rooney, most don't even consider him an asset though so you can't really make positive or negative out of it. More positive for United to get the wages off their books than it is for Everton IMO. .....

Doesn't matter a jot whether you consider Rooney an asset or not. The same way it doesn't matter a jot to you I'm quite happy to see Lukaku at Utd given he's far from a workhorse, to be kind, and is non-existent when it really matters.

Everton do and have gotten his fee waived by Utd or no deal would be happening. So from their POV they've totalled up the £100 million they've been demanding all along.

By the time the Rooney saga is done I'll need to replace my F5 key.............

Great thing is he'll have a wealth of experience to pass on to the youngsters aswell. If-IF-it goes through.

I doubt Rooney will chip in with much of anything tbh, the guy is finished as a player, nothing but a sentimental move. Would be happy to be proven wrong, but he has totally lost it.

Still made 10 goals (5g, 5a) in the prem last year. That's all they really need from him.

I'm all for seeing how the buy into being a 'decent allround' team, from the 'one man focal' point style... cant wait.

Unsuprised he's ended up going where the agent fee was higher either.

Cant wait to see where the money goes, Koeman looks to be building a really decent team/squad. If he can get 3 players to chip in 10 goals a piece extra thats Lukaku covered. Glyfi & Rooney can prob some/most of that (if he lands gylfi).

Quite looking forward to see what he pulls together.

Can't say I'm sharing the same at what they might bring in but it certainly opens it up to taking Everton on in the evolution of the side to where they next crave to be.

L'pool losing Suarez or Tottenham losing Kane on all they bring to the team for example would be for more detrimental to those clubs than Everton losing Lukaku when they want to progress.

Can't say I'm sharing the same at what they might bring in but it certainly opens it up to taking Everton on in the evolution of the side to where they next crave to be.

L'pool losing Suarez or Tottenham losing Kane on all they bring to the team for example would be for more detrimental to those clubs than Everton losing Lukaku when they want to progress.

I hoping they actually do go out and still do the money in they get and not just set it aside to balance what they have already spent.. go FM nuts with it. lol.

Although he's nowhere near how he used to be, Wayne is more than capable of pulling something out the hat. He's not completely lost it.

I've seen some really stupid comments around like "how the mighty have fallen" and all that ****, as if he's 100% not capable of doing anything. Which is 100% utter ****. He still has something to offer. I've seen my fair share of quality players have bad spells. Sometimes a change can bring them back to life.

I'm giving the lad a chance before making any assumptions. Not because of nostalgia-just because common sense and level head. Just wish some quarters had the same attitude instead of wanting everything all at once as soon as possible-which is not feasible.

Regardless of anyone's thoughts on Rooney, if he's not fully motivated to give everything back at his club then he may as well hang up his boots.

The bounce of having him back at the club should, in the interim at least, have a massive effect on everyone.

Still made 10 goals (5g, 5a) in the prem last year. That's all they really need from him.

I'm all for seeing how the buy into being a 'decent allround' team, from the 'one man focal' point style... cant wait.

Unsuprised he's ended up going where the agent fee was higher either.

Its not about the agent. Lukaku is seriously headstrong. He's not going anywhere he doesn't want to be.

I've already seen that Koeman has laid down the law to Wayne already regarding his behavior. Koeman strikes me as one of my old teachers. Calm, friendly exterior. But you'd never ever want to annoy him lol

Giroud would be brilliant signing. Need some creative quality in midfield (Sig?)

Giroud would be brilliant signing. Need some creative quality in midfield (Sig?)

Yeah would be a massive boost. But by the looks of it Giroud could be heading to Marseille instead

Still bemused how anyone in the real world, thinks Gylfi Sigursson and Rooney would cover Lukaku's 24 goals in the league alone, for Everton last season. Fair to say Lukaku carried Everton a lot of the time last season, I think I'll safely eat a hat if Rooney and Sigurdsoon managed to cover that. Not a chance in ****. If you got Giroud on top of that you'd have a hope.

Still bemused how anyone in the real world, thinks Gylfi Sigursson and Rooney would cover Lukaku's 24 goals in the league alone, for Everton last season. Fair to say Lukaku carried Everton a lot of the time last season, I think I'll safely eat a hat if Rooney and Sigurdsoon managed to cover that. Not a chance in ****. If you got Giroud on top of that you'd have a hope.

I did say 3 more players chipping in with 10. - i wasnt sure who the lukaku target replacement was but knew gyfli/roon are on the radar. (I left the other off.. :) ) #covered

I did say 3 more players chipping in with 10. - i wasnt sure who the lukaku target replacement was but knew gyfli/roon are on the radar. (I left the other off.. :) ) #covered

Sadly though, Everton don't have the pulling power, I'll be very surprised if they ended up with Giroud. Slightly surprised if they even got Gylfi Sigurdsson.

Both of them players are wanted by many clubs, a lot of whom will offer CL.

Averaging out just over 13 a season his time at Everton. You're the opposition, and you're looking at defending Everton right now with Lukaku, you're looking at his one big league year last year with little else supporting him so it's an easy focus in your game planning. You have 3 or 4 players or more capable of scoring at any time, and your game planning becomes that much harder.

Not that it pleases me, but the prospect of a far more multi-faceted Everton time than a one dimensional one is the prospect of a far more dangerous Everton side over a season.

Its not about the agent. Lukaku is seriously headstrong. He's not going anywhere he doesn't want to be.

People seriously overplaying the return to Chelsea, what motivation did he exactly have to go back there? Mourinho never really wanted rid of him, Lukaku knows this and at the time decided mutually to move for his best interest. Now Lukaku moves back to Mourinho at United and it all makes sense to me now.

Cant wait to see where the money goes, Koeman looks to be building a really decent team/squad. If he can get 3 players to chip in 10 goals a piece extra thats Lukaku covered. Glyfi & Rooney can prob some/most of that (if he lands gylfi).

Quite looking forward to see what he pulls together.

I think Koeman already started with this by buying Klaassen. I'd bet if he gets regular play time he'll get 8+ goals and 8+ assists. Klaassen was key for Ajax, because he would always score the first goal in very tough matches. He'd be someone who could get you points if he adapts quickly to the league.

The key in losing your main man is in changing your play style. If you know you got 1 big player you play to his strengths. Now other players have to step up and take their chance. Create chances from different parts of the field. You won't be able to replace a 75m striker with a 20m striker.

Yeah would be a massive boost. But by the looks of it Giroud could be heading to Marseille instead

Doesn't want to leave England. Even though he is the favored partner to Griezmann for France at this moment feels that his chance of getting to WC next summer would be damaged by going back to France.

Wants to stay at Arsenal, but will look at the situation and if he feels he needs to move club wont stand in his way.

Regardless of anyone's thoughts on Rooney, if he's not fully motivated to give everything back at his club then he may as well hang up his boots.

The bounce of having him back at the club should, in the interim at least, have a massive effect on everyone.

as a utd fan i cant deny rooney has declined rapidly but the fact hes going to the club he loves and supports must surely give him a boost if only for a short time.Think he will be handy for everton.All the best wayne

Back