The Everton Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4K
  • Views Views 346K
People seriously overplaying the return to Chelsea, what motivation did he exactly have to go back there? Mourinho never really wanted rid of him, Lukaku knows this and at the time decided mutually to move for his best interest. Now Lukaku moves back to Mourinho at United and it all makes sense to me now.

Mou wasn't particularly arsed about losing him at the time either. Was the typical "**** it, shall we just call it a day" break up. lol

Doesn't want to leave England. Even though he is the favored partner to Griezmann for France at this moment feels that his chance of getting to WC next summer would be damaged by going back to France.

Wants to stay at Arsenal, but will look at the situation and if he feels he needs to move club wont stand in his way.

interesting. Appears the person from Marseille is a little bit over confident then

interesting. Appears the person from Marseille is a little bit over confident then

They are also working on getting Bacca from Milan so I think Marseille are trying to feed off information and try to get the deal done cheaper for either of Arsenal or Milan which ever blinks first. Problem for them is that both are loaded and really don't need to sell.

Also think that Everton should be trying to get Lucas Perez from Arsenal. Know that Koeman wanted him last summer and it's basically the same situation as Giroud: play more and he will do better. Scored 7 goals in 21 games last season, but most of the games as a substitute. Probably could get both Giroud and Perez for combined fee of € 40 million or less.

Think Sandro will be a good signing for Everton. Even think Vardy would be a good signing. Especially with a good midfield behind him which Everton have.

It's about splitting your threats. That said, Everton wide players need to start delivering double digit goals and assists each

For Everton to improve they, can't just shift Lukaku's goals around the team, they need to beat that around the team. United for example aren't just expecting Lukaku to score. Jose has demanded more goals from everyone

Welcome back Wayne. Hopefully a new start will get you back on the form we know you're capable of being in.

Everton badly need to bring in a winger/ wide player. Or two. With no knowing when Bollasie will be back, that midfield is so unbalanced with everyone wanting to play inside. And if/ when he arrives, Sigurdsson just adds to that logjam.

With what looks a pretty tricky qualifier against probably Brann Bergen, who are half way through their season already, in 10 days time, I know this is concerning a lot of blues. Shy of maybe playing a diamond, or pushing Lookman into action wide, it looks messy in the midfield right now.

They played 3 at the back a fair bit last season especially back end. Suits there players better.

Try telling that to Evertonians. Koeman wants to play 3 at the back ideally. He tried that at various points last season. The early 5 goal walloping at Chelsea springs instantly to mind as a glaring example he just doesn't have the personnel for it right now. Even less so with Coleman indefinitely out. Kenny is by all accounts very promising and athletic/ rangy enough for a wing back slot but the word is the Martina signing will keep him down the 23's.

Everton have a real unbalanced group right now that's their most pressing concern. Going out the Europa before it's even begun would be a hammer blow.

Try telling that to Evertonians. Koeman wants to play 3 at the back ideally. He tried that at various points last season. The early 5 goal walloping at Chelsea springs instantly to mind as a glaring example he just doesn't have the personnel for it right now. Even less so with Coleman indefinitely out. Kenny is by all accounts very promising and athletic/ rangy enough for a wing back slot but the word is the Martina signing will keep him down the 23's.

Everton have a real unbalanced group right now that's their most pressing concern. Going out the Europa before it's even begun would be a hammer blow.

apparently bidded for Theo Walcott according to the rumour mill

apparently bidded for Theo Walcott according to the rumour mill

WHERE it to happen, the Arsenal lads ending up here would be a real story.

Walcott the L'pool fan at Everton and Oxlade-Chamberlain over the park at L'pool.

That'd be something huh?

WHERE it to happen, the Arsenal lads ending up here would be a real story.

Walcott the L'pool fan at Everton and Oxlade-Chamberlain over the park at L'pool.

That'd be something huh?

if it happens good signings for each side imo, think the ox is really underrated and Walcott will do well somewhere he is first choice regular if he can stop getting injured

if it happens good signings for each side imo, think the ox is really underrated and Walcott will do well somewhere he is first choice regular if he can stop getting injured

Out of the two it's Walcott who is actually the underrated one not Ox and for the injuries it's also other way around. Last season Walcott ended with 19 goals from out wide and really didn't play that much after Arsenal switched into back three. With Ox there is the question off where he should play as higher up the pitch he lacks the end product and he's not really ready to be starter for a Top 6 club in 2 man midfield (3 man is a different thing though). At wingback he was really good last season and that's where he will likely play for Arsenal next season mostly.

Walcott would do really well at Everton I think, but as far as I know he will stay at Arsenal. He basically has same promise from club and Wenger as Giroud that if he wishes he will be allowed to move.

I'd be extremely surprised if Walcott left Arsenal for us. Yeah be great signing-but I'd legit be scratching my head until it bleeds, trying to figure out why he'd take a step down from a massive club to Goodison. We're not there yet and it would be 2-3 (4 at most) years before we could even think of making a push to break into the top 4 for CL football.

Last edited:
Back