The Everton Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4K
  • Views Views 346K
I'd be extremely surprised if Walcott left Arsenal for us. Yeah be great signing-but I'd legit be scratching my head until it bleeds, trying to figure out why he'd take a step down from a massive club to Goodison. We're not there yet and it would be 2-3 (4 at most) years before we could even think of making a push to break into the top 4 for CL football.

his career has stagnated,at 28 he should have accomplished more but a combination of poor development from arsenal and injuries have cost him.A club like everton should be exactly what he needs no matter how much money hes on and he wont be a first choice starter for arsenal

I'd be extremely surprised if Walcott left Arsenal for us. Yeah be great signing-but I'd legit be scratching my head until it bleeds, trying to figure out why he'd take a step down from a massive club to Goodison. We're not there yet and it would be 2-3 (4 at most) years before we could even think of making a push to break into the top 4 for CL football.

World Cup year and more of a guarantee to showcase himself as one of the main men maybe?

I'd be extremely surprised too where it to happen but that would be a reason I'd be rationalising with myself if I were him and the option arose.

As Scouse said World Cup could prove vital as he has missed out on every WC since he first got into 2006 squad and didn't feature as a 16 year old. I really doubt he will move, but I think it would be better for his career.

World Cup year and more of a guarantee to showcase himself as one of the main men maybe?

I'd be extremely surprised too where it to happen but that would be a reason I'd be rationalising with myself if I were him and the option arose.

maybe theo belives he can force his way into the team especially if sanchez leaves but i cant see it happening

maybe theo belives he can force his way into the team especially if sanchez leaves but i cant see it happening

Really doubt it with Lemar also coming in he's dropping further down the ladder and the number of clubs Arsenal willing and capable of buying Sanchez is dropping heavily.

Has anyone honestly thought Sanchez was ever leaving?

I've seen mad media speculation but nothing of any substance outside of a flat out refusal he's being sold from Arsenal.

I've seen mad media speculation but nothing of any substance outside of a flat out refusal he's being sold from Arsenal.
As soon as Bayern ended there interest over the weekend. I thought there's no way he's leaving to a rival this Summer.

As Scouse said World Cup could prove vital as he has missed out on every WC since he first got into 2006 squad and didn't feature as a 16 year old. I really doubt he will move, but I think it would be better for his career.

He's never been the World Cup with England outside of Eriksson bizarrely taking him for experience Germany? Honestly?

How mad is that? The English National Team man. SMH.

He's never been the World Cup with England outside of Eriksson bizarrely taking him for experience Germany? Honestly?

How mad is that? The English National Team man. SMH.

Yeah he went in the one time he shouldn't have and has injured himself always just before both WCs after that. Curse confirmed.

I think PSG is the last club out there who have the means to do it and Arsenal might be open to selling if the fee is right. Juventus another, but they seem so cheap this summer so can't see them going for him.

Haven't seen this kind of media speculation for players from other clubs when they were out of CL.

Yeah he went in the one time he shouldn't have and has injured himself always just before both WCs after that. Curse confirmed.

Oh, he's been injured and not just left out then? Ta. Unlucky for Walcott.

Not as ridiculous as it first sounded then. Even if that would have been totally believable when it came to the English National side.

I've not got a clue who you're playing the qualifier Thursday but man it looks a boss trip to be on the following week.

Never been to Slovenia but went Slovakia when we played Ljubiana, heck, must be about 10 years back which was an absolutely gorgeous place. And cheap as chips. But man were their fans nuts. Like not aggressive nuts. Just plain mad lol. It was a bizarre couple of days.

Love the Europa for this very reason. All these weird little clubs and places you'd never normally have the chance to experience.That second leg in a ground holding less than 5,000? Boss one to be on that. Anyone can do a Barcelona or Dortmund.

You've got something mixed up, Ljubljana is in Slovenia, their capital city.

You've got something mixed up, Ljubljana is in Slovenia, their capital city.

LOL. Hangs head. Yeah. Everton are going some place in Slovakia. We went Slovenia. Not the other way round. *Takes foot out of mouth.

Oh deary me haha. Good catch.

Eh, the region where the city is situated is really nice, the city is pretty cool too but it's dominated by the smell from a paper/cellulose factory which degrades the experience a bit. Everything around is super nice though, it's basically in a tourist/holiday destination.

So Rodwell is to leave the club then as he "wants a new challenge". He wants to be very, very careful. Look what happened to Jack Rodwell.

So Rodwell is to leave the club then as he "wants a new challenge". He wants to be very, very careful. Look what happened to Jack Rodwell.

Rodwell was unlucky. Barkley on the other hand, needs to change something because he has stagnated

Yeah he has a lot of talent, obviously he and Koeman just aren't working out. However I can't see anywhere for him to go as a step up. Unless Wenger wants him.

Yeah he has a lot of talent, obviously he and Koeman just aren't working out. However I can't see anywhere for him to go as a step up. Unless Wenger wants him.
Think Poch could be interested. Maybe Pep but would be a bad move.

Rodwell was unlucky. Barkley on the other hand, needs to change something because he has stagnated

Yeah he's definitely declined. He was a bit on the wane before he started getting moved around all the time for his best position too.

That's not to say he's bad though. He's got physical presence and definitely has creativity, but it appears that mentally he's a little bit fragile and struggles under pressure. Maybe with the right coaching that'll rectify the problem and get him back on track. He's definitely been missing something and everyone could see it. Would hate to see his potential not be fully realised.

Back