The Everton Thread

Turned into a great looking goal but I can't believe he meant any more than a hit and hope given where he is the pitch and how he's stretching for the ball.

Turned into a great looking goal but I can't believe he meant any more than a hit and hope given where he is the pitch and how he's stretching for the ball.

Watch that in slow motion, he's absolutely meant that.

Have to agree. Initially I thought too it was a fluke, but I've watched it full screen, in slow motion with the commentary slow motion, a lot to see if it was just lucky, but he's noting the position of the keeper before firing it off and the keeper was a bit too far forward. It was intentional. And if you watch his body when he takes the shot he was aiming it as well. He knew straight away he made a good connection with the ball. If you look at his face when he's sliding on the grass after the shot, he's expecting a goal.

Ironic really. Came to Goodison as a trialist at 11 years old. Fast forward few years then he does that lol

Last edited:
Been a big source of discussion in work this AM and we still haven't come to a consensus.

I'd still side with him stretching to not lose possession there and just getting the perfect connection on a hit and hope at goal. But regardless, it turned into a great and vitally important goal which is all that counts.

And what an absolutely brilliant Europa League draw it's lead to. Lyon, Begamo and Limassol. You'd want Cyprus first whilst it's still hot but that's three great trips. I'd be bouncing around now having pulled them.

Seriously, anyone that knocks the Europa League hasn't got a clue.

To be honest just feels nice not only having Everton in European football, but both Liverpool and Everton. Granted two different competitions, but for the local region it's a major boost not just sport wise but financially. And even if we are in Europa League, there's always that chance of a big name dropping out of the Champions League into Europa which can spice up the knockout stages.

I'm just going to enjoy the ride while it lasts. We don't get much European action after all.

Every reason to think they'll still be European footie in the Spring for both clubs with those groups.

He has to stretch out like a ballerina to even reach the ball, but he definitely means to shoot.

So Koeman would welcome Costa on loan.... Well, no ****.

What a shambles Everton are with this 3-5-2, offering nothing going forward, very narrow, so so easy for Chelsea.

Rooney has been arrested on suspicion of drink driving, good start to his international retirement

Was he trying to escape from the mobility scouter from the arl fellas wife he'd just walloped?

Christ!! He's only back in Liverpool a short time and he's already a criminal ;)

Going to be lots of "Hi rooney do u want picking up in the morning pal" tweets flying about now

[FONT=&quot]Whitney has passed away. RIP u will live on forever. Cant believe it. I wanna run to u. Really cant believe this. @[/FONT]

I don't know why but I **** myself laughing every time I read it. Lol

rooney.jpg