The Everton Thread

9 British Managers in the Prem (inc Sam) - the bottom 7 clubs, and none in the top 6.

#chances #revolvingdoors

9 British Managers in the Prem (inc Sam) - the bottom 7 clubs, and none in the top 6.

#chances #revolvingdoors
Just goes to prove British Managers aren't getting the top chances anymore. Scary to think the last English (Not British) manager to win the English League Championship was a certain Howard Wilkinson way back in 1992 before the Premier League even started!!!! Whilst Harry Rednapp was the last English manager to win the FA Cup in 2008.

Like who is adequate for a top job? This antwacky ******* fell flat on his fat **** at the only semi big club he's ever been at and failed miserably. Newcastle. Dyche is at his level at Burnley. There's Howe up and coming who does play the right way and is tactically savvy but would you gamble on his complete inexperience?

Dyche is 'at his level' at Burnley and Burnley are sixth in the table.

Stop saying lid it's embarrassing.

Any way, the reason young British managers don't get a chance is because the same old ones get rehired. Dyche hasn't achieved anything yet. It's been 14 games. Moyes did that for 10 years and still didn't have what it takes. They need stop pretending they are victims and start being more innovative

Stop saying lid it's embarrassing.

Any way, the reason young British managers don't get a chance is because the same old ones get rehired. Dyche hasn't achieved anything yet. It's been 14 games. Moyes did that for 10 years and still didn't have what it takes. They need stop pretending they are victims and start being more innovative

Agree with this for the most part although I don't get why so many people under-rate Dyche and keep praising Howe. I suppose because Howe is young and stylish so people automatically assume he is tactically suave while Dyche is a dinosaur. Dyche has done a great job at Burnley and deserves his chance at a bigger club.

I'm, so f tired of listening to this drivel about British managers not getting a chance. Hughes got a chance at City, spend a lot of money and he was ****. Rodgers got a chance, spend a lot of money, he was ****. And let's not even start about Moyes.

I'm, so f tired of listening to this drivel about British managers not getting a chance. Hughes got a chance at City, spend a lot of money and he was ****. Rodgers got a chance, spend a lot of money, he was ****. And let's not even start about Moyes.

TBF to Rodgers, as bad as it got the end, he got to within a game of winning the league, the closest L'pool have come the PL era. And he had little to no say over signings which were all done by the 'committee' of the time.

Not my favourite guy by any means but he wasn't '****' mate. We know ****. Hodgson was ****. Rodgers was a good coach but just ultimately naive and inexperienced who should never have been offered the job to start with.

TBF to Rodgers, as bad as it got the end, he got to within a game of winning the league, the closest L'pool have come the PL era. And he had little to no say over signings which were all done by the 'committee' of the time.

Not my favourite guy by any means but he wasn't '****' mate. We know ****. Hodgson was ****. Rodgers was a good coach but just ultimately naive and inexperienced who should never have been offered the job to start with.
Same was true with Moyes when given the United job to be fair (except he didn't get so close to winning the league), although he has since proven to be poor even with other clubs. The thing is if the bigger clubs don't give the British managers a chance the situation will remain the same there will always be one or two who fail even expensive imports fail. It's always going to be a lottery and it is a fine line between success and failure, but you need to be given a chance to prove yourself and British managers just aren't getting the chances currently.

I don't know what it's like in England, but I think a trainer/coach should start at the basics. They should first get to train a youth team for 1-2 years, and then I don't mean a u19 who know all tactics and techniques already. As trainer/coach you have to learn to teach and correct people.

Right now there's a huge influx of ex-proffesionals to become a trainer/coach, which is great because they have lots of knowledge how football is played at the highest level, know (usually) a lot about tactics and the way things go at top clubs. However being a coach takes different skills aswell, like training people. Teaching them discipline. I don't know how people can expect from a coach/trainer who's been on internship at a couple of youth teams think how he can handle the current (adult) players in the highest division of a country. (There are exceptions ofcourse)

Right now many ex-pro's don't want to commit at lower level to build up their career at a slow pace, because they're afraid it will tarnish their name and to potentially get a big club. It has to be quick, so your name is established and you will stay in the same clique no matter how often you get fired. The problem is that clubs don't appreciate good coaches at youth/lower levels enough. If they would appreciate them and give opporunities to them it would also give ex-pro's a stable road to coaching a top team in the BPL.

I don't know what it's like in England, but I think a trainer/coach should start at the basics. They should first get to train a youth team for 1-2 years, and then I don't mean a u19 who know all tactics and techniques already. As trainer/coach you have to learn to teach and correct people.....

We have high hopes for someone humble enough to start at the very bottom and learn. 5 years down the line if Klopp decides to hang it up the end of his contract .....Maybe. Just maybe.

iu

The fallout and the fume from Allardyce being appointed is reaching epic proportions!

Just been on the floor with a colleague ranting 'I've been going the match 49 years. Seen us lose Cup Finals. 3 to F=ing L'pool. Beaten 5-0 off yuse red ***** bastards. Relegation game verses Wimbledon. The lot. And yesterday was the single worst day for him as an Evertonian!' XD XD

With the arl Sammy Lee song getting a slight rewording and belted out last night at Stoke, the Derby a week Sunday is fixing to be a thing of beauty.

Can't wait to see the reaction to him when he walks out the ground made of wood Sat'day!

What is going on with Klassen? Very bad move for him, why he is not used more.

We have high hopes for someone humble enough to start at the very bottom and learn. 5 years down the line if Klopp decides to hang it up the end of his contract .....Maybe. Just maybe.

That's actually an example of going too fast in my opinion. I don't think someone can be ready to coach Liverpool to make them champions of the BPL. There are exceptions ofcourse, but you have to earn your badges (literally and figurally).

Being a coach is something totally different to being a player and you have to learn over the years in many different situations how to deal with different situations. Being a coach isn't just about putting 11 people on the teamsheet and doing the tactics. You will have to learn fysiology, training intensity, nutrition, coaching players, learn from scientific articels so you know what is fake and not and learn how you can innovate.

If you'd say that Gerrard would be an example to come for the job in 10 years, I'd totally agree. After those years you will have a clear idea how he actually performs as a coach and see him apart from the player he used to be. I might be wrong, but isn't he training the u19? That isn't starting at the very bottom at all. Just because he's coaching the best talents of the country.

What is going on with Klassen? Very bad move for him, why he is not used more.

He needs an extended run in the team in his preferred position but like siggy has been shunted to the wing to accommodate the chosen one aka Wayne Rooney.

That's actually an example of going too fast in my opinion. I don't think someone can be ready to coach Liverpool to make them champions of the BPL. There are exceptions ofcourse, but you have to earn your badges (literally and figurally).

Being a coach is something totally different to being a player and you have to learn over the years in many different situations how to deal with different situations. Being a coach isn't just about putting 11 people on the teamsheet and doing the tactics. You will have to learn fysiology, training intensity, nutrition, coaching players, learn from scientific articels so you know what is fake and not and learn how you can innovate.

If you'd say that Gerrard would be an example to come for the job in 10 years, I'd totally agree. After those years you will have a clear idea how he actually performs as a coach and see him apart from the player he used to be. I might be wrong, but isn't he training the u19? That isn't starting at the very bottom at all. Just because he's coaching the best talents of the country.

18's. After spending the previous year working with the 9's through the 16's. He's not being 'fast-tracked' through anything. He's learning his trade from the youth level up.

I don't think you realise the path-way he's chosen to take nor the duration it will take him to get there.

18's. After spending the previous year working with the 9's through the 16's. He's not being 'fast-tracked' through anything. He's learning his trade from the youth level up.

I don't think you realise the path-way he's chosen to take nor the duration it will take him to get there.
Didn't he reject the MK dons job as well so kudos to Stevie for starting from the near bottom you could say?

Made up for you on the Cup draw.

Always nice when one of the small clubs get's a big away draw to boost their coffers ..... :p