The Everton Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4K
  • Views Views 346K
You mean Torres' against Man Utd right?

Indeed. Sleep, or lack of it actually, is taking it's toll.

---------- Post added 26/10/2011 at 01:21 AM ---------- Previous post was 24/10/2011 at 04:20 AM ----------

David Moyes says Marouane Fellaini is very close to agreeing a new contract at Everton.

Talks between Club officials and the Belgian midfielder have been ongoing for several months and the Blues' boss believes they are now reaching a positive conclusion.

He said at a press conference on Tuesday: "I think it is very close to getting done.

"The chairman and the chief exec have been working on it for a while and I've been waiting on the good news and hopefully it's not too far away."

Fellaini, who is Everton's record signing and arrived at the Club in 2008, has been in excellent form so far this season after recovering from an ankle injury over the summer.

"He has been a really good player for us over the last few seasons and if we can keep him it will be really good."

I'll cry tears of joy if this happens. Was resigned to losing him already.

Indeed. Sleep, or lack of it actually, is taking it's toll.

---------- Post added 26/10/2011 at 01:21 AM ---------- Previous post was 24/10/2011 at 04:20 AM ----------

I'll cry tears of joy if this happens. Was resigned to losing him already.

Know the feeling. Badly need to stop thinking about potential transfers in FM and tactical overhauls when in bed. LL football management ain't as easy as it used to be-dam you SI :S

Know the feeling. Badly need to stop thinking about potential transfers in FM and tactical overhauls when in bed. LL football management ain't as easy as it used to be-dam you SI :S

Feels good to know I'm not alone!

---------- Post added 28/10/2011 at 03:44 PM ---------- Previous post was 26/10/2011 at 02:12 PM ----------

Duffy is set to extend his loan deal at the Iron for three months after some very good performances.

Magaye Gueye could be heading out on loan to regain match fitness, with a handful of Championship clubs interested.

Forgot this one - Baxter extends his loan at Tranmere for another month.

Last edited:
Everton supremo Bill Kenwright is in talks with the Jain Group – a wealthy Indian company – about becoming his club’s financial saviour.The Mumbai-based conglomerate are huge in their own country, with energy and property businesses, and they now want to expand into England.
Jain have their sights on Everton as a possible project, pumping in cash for a new ground.
Leading officials from the company are looking into ways of buying Everton or lending them money, with Kenwright kept on in some capacity – and boss David Moyes given a boost in the process.
The Toffees have been on a tight budget for a few years and Kenwright is actively looking for a buyer or backer.

It's from the Mirror, so it's veracity is questionable. Either way, I just hope we don't end up doing chicken adverts.

Wow. Had an utterly **** week and today it gets worse. 2-0 v Newcastle (Ba and Taylor). FUUUUU Ba. This is going to be a horrible season. O yeah, and FFFUUU Heitinga you f*cking mug. Communicate with your goalie you ****

Last edited:
2-1 Rodwell. And that should've been a pen. Shot hit Ameobi in the arm in the box. As usual, everyone but the ref see's it. FML.

**** week here, too, and football isn't helping. Yesterday Olimpo drew 1-1 with the opposition having 2 shots throughout the match, and today I woke up early only to realise the match wasn't starting until 2 hours later (I'm an idiot), and then this. ****, ****, ****.

know the feeling man. lost fiance, family, everything....went down the *******. Has to be the worst week I've ever had in my life

know the feeling man. lost fiance, family, everything....went down the *******. Has to be the worst week I've ever had in my life

Wow mate, you've had it harder than me for sure, then. My stuff was mostly related to uni, money and more trivial stuff, depressing, sure, but not as serious as your issues, that's for certain. ****.

Feel for you, mate. Stay strong and don't let it take you down. I'd offer to give you a hand but I'm not sure there's much someone can do across an ocean, wish you the best as there's probably not much I can do.

Wow mate, you've had it harder than me for sure, then. My stuff was mostly related to uni, money and more trivial stuff, depressing, sure, but not as serious as your issues, that's for certain. ****.

Feel for you, mate. Stay strong and don't let it take you down. I'd offer to give you a hand but I'm not sure there's much someone can do across an ocean, wish you the best as there's probably not much I can do.

cheers mate. all i did was tell the other half truths-which was she was a cheat. which was a fact. didn't like it-down hill from there basically. But, theres people worse off than me out there, so I put it to one side. Hurts? have no idea. But I deal with it so,... I don't whine about it. I deal with it with music and beer. Basically, **** happens. I have to deal with it.

cheers mate. all i did was tell the other half truths-which was she was a cheat. which was a fact. didn't like it-down hill from there basically. But, theres people worse off than me out there, so I put it to one side. Hurts? have no idea. But I deal with it so,... I don't whine about it. I deal with it with music and beer. Basically, **** happens. I have to deal with it.

Tough **** right there. I've been through some bad stuff before (luckily all over and has been for about a year, though frankly that's tempting fate like nobody's business) and your mentality is the right one to be taking. There's no point or purpose to moping, you just have to deal with it and try to move on, though that's far easier said than done.

Tough **** right there. I've been through some bad stuff before (luckily all over and has been for about a year, though frankly that's tempting fate like nobody's business) and your mentality is the right one to be taking. There's no point or purpose to moping, you just have to deal with it and try to move on, though that's far easier said than done.

Exactly. I mope, it gets worse simple as. yeah I've pretty much lost everything,but theres people out there who have lost a lot more. Way I see it, what I'm going through is trivial. You get yourself back up, dust yourself down and move on. Yeah it's an absolute gut wrencher...but **** happens. I'm not going to waste my life getting het up about it. Part of the life.

Exactly. I mope, it gets worse simple as. yeah I've pretty much lost everything,but theres people out there who have lost a lot more. Way I see it, what I'm going through is trivial. You get yourself back up, dust yourself down and move on. Yeah it's an absolute gut wrencher...but **** happens. I'm not going to waste my life getting het up about it. Part of the life.

Respect mate for the way you are dealing with it, I have seen so many whine about it to no end posting absolute bollocks. I wish you all the best and hopefully you will get your life back on track sooner than later.

Really not the best thing to say, not sure how telling the press our dressing room looks like a funeral is going to help us.

OTOH, I'd like to see Jags, Baines and Rodwell in the starting XI for England. Provided they don't get injured, getting a chance in the starting line-up may give them a confidence boost, particularly to Baines and Rodwell, who have been among our best players so far.

Jagielka and Baines deserve to be in the England starting lineup (or at least rotation) whilst at a push Coleman, Barkley and Rodwell should be able to secure a spot too in the near future (may Barkley in 2-3 years time).

And I'm a Liverpool fan but I can still see the blatant talent in Everton's squad, yet they aren't doing great at the moment. But I think it's more of a case of 'we have a few key players and the rest are poor' rather than 'the overall quality of the squad is poor'.

Jagielka and Baines deserve to be in the England starting lineup (or at least rotation) whilst at a push Coleman, Barkley and Rodwell should be able to secure a spot too in the near future (may Barkley in 2-3 years time).

And I'm a Liverpool fan but I can still see the blatant talent in Everton's squad, yet they aren't doing great at the moment. But I think it's more of a case of 'we have a few key players and the rest are poor' rather than 'the overall quality of the squad is poor'.

And add a dose of dam bad luck too into the mix lol

I don't think you'll be seeing Coleman in the England setup any time soon :P

I don't think you'll be seeing Coleman in the England setup any time soon :P

I could've taken the mick, but that would be from the same person who was wondering why Kevin Doyle wasn't in the last England squad :$

Back