The Everton Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4K
  • Views Views 346K
Ironically enough, Gosling and Rooney are the only members of that list no longer at the club.

Yup. One courtesy of a monumental "administrative" cockup :@.

That and a lack of goodwill from Gosling. Had he wanted to stay he could've done so.

Anyways, what's done is done I guess.

Just noticed on news that Everton have signed 12-year old finnish player Miko Virtanen who will be joining in january.

Hopefully Moyes can make something out of him in couple years.

I had heard something a fortnight ago but I've not seen it confirmed in the Everton website, so I wouldn't know if it's true. Hopefully it is, new faces are welcome, even if they're that young.

Duo Could Start For England / News Archive / News / evertonfc.com - The Official Website of Everton Football Club

Unfortunately I'm going to miss both the England and the Argentina games as I have my last Uni exam of the year today, I'm well and truly gutted, but oh well... I guess I'll have some 4 months to play FM and watch TV coming up, so I shouldn't complain.

Could've sworn I heard yesterday that Rodwell was definately starting with Baines. Unless it was some sort of nice little daydream I was having.

Finally something to cheer for Everton fans.

SkySportsNews Sky Sports News
Everton midfielder Marouane Fellaini signs new five-year deal #SSN

Rodwell and Fellaini in the middle of the park could be the next dominant midfield partnership in the Prem. Despite all our financial woes at least yakubus wages have gone to a good cause and shows that we will compete on field for the next few years. Even if we sell either of them the money we would get would buy us a decent replacement and sort out our short term debt.

Gosh, why can't they keep their mouths shut for once. We're bleeding on the pitch, why add pressure off the pitch?

Gosh, why can't they keep their mouths shut for once. We're bleeding on the pitch, why add pressure off the pitch?

Apparently it's for the good of the club that attention is drawn to the board situation. My ****. It's just going to make it worse. It affected the players last time, so no doubt it'll probably do the same thing again.

Just when things were looking brighter..........this

Elstone looks into alleged leak | Everton News, Fixtures, Results, Transfers | Sky Sports

I have 2 questions:

1) How the holy **** were they leaked in the first place if genuine and
2) Am I the only one who is cynical. I just find it sooooooooooooo convenient, that this happens just before the protest march by Blue Union.

Quite frankly, I'm getting very embarassed by this.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/nov/18/everton-investigation-email-hacking

Last edited:
Not helping. Not helping at all. I do think that a couple of victories will be enough to quiet down the home front, though.

Not helping. Not helping at all. I do think that a couple of victories will be enough to quiet down the home front, though.

I'd like to think so. But it's obvious that someone, (if the e-mails are genuine), or some people, are so desperate to get the board out, they're prepared to make the club a laughing stock.

However, reading more statements and releases, apparently the e-mail account in question was hacked into. So if they're genuine, well. We now have board in-fighting. When the words "financial meltdown", "air of paranoia within the club" and "club is run like a kindergarten" are included, it's looking, to be quite blunt, pretty ****** up behind the scenes.

But even so, whoever did this had no right to do so. I would hope, that if the account was hacked, the person is found and charged to the full letter of the law. And BU just quite frankly disgust me. They're doing their absolute best to cause disruption regardless of the cost. If they cared about the club they wouldn't be doing these pointless, and quite frankly, embarassing acts.

And the recent takeover talks with the Indian company have collapsed too. I don't think wins will solve anything now tbh

Fans are fickle. A few wins in a row and everyone except the worst troublemakers will probably shut up and get behind the team, which is what everyone should do.

I doubt whoever hacked that account (If it actually happened) will ever be caught, there's plenty of ways to do things like those undetected nowadays, provided you're careful enough. I'd be more interested in knowing if those e-mails were genuine, though. Board infighting won't do anything to help the club.

Last edited:
Back