The Everton Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4K
  • Views Views 346K
Fans are fickle. A few wins in a row and everyone except the worst troublemakers will probably shut up and get behind the team, which is what everyone should do.

I doubt whoever hacked that account (If it actually happened) will ever be caught, there's plenty of ways to do things like those undetected nowadays, provided you're careful enough. I'd be more interesting in knowing if those e-mails were genuine, though. Board infighting won't do anything to help the club.

Well I've just been reading various press releases because this has come out the blue-no idea this has happened. And it would appear it's not being denied a jot that they are not genuine. Would appear that they are genuine after all. And just been reading that Ian Ross has been suspended. Christ. Yesterday was going well with Felli resigning.....now this. The e-mail disclosed that:

• Claims that Chairman Bill Kenwright is extremely paranoid of mutiny and closely questions conversations that happen between staff and his fellow board members.
  • It was clear in the early summer that “1, maybe 2 players must be sold this month(August)”.
  • It names The Liverpool Echo, Radio personalities, unofficial fan sites and ex players as some of the outlets that the club can use to stifle the upcoming Blue Union Protest.
  • One of the mails interestingly estimates that the asking price for the club would be around the 100 million pound mark and that Everton are ” in financial meltdown”.

100m and financial meltdown are the two most worrying bits imo. 100m is a tad too much for a club that needs money. And maybe 'financial meltdown' is a bit of an exaggeration. At least I'd like to believe it is.

100m and financial meltdown are the two most worrying bits imo. 100m is a tad too much for a club that needs money. And maybe 'financial meltdown' is a bit of an exaggeration. At least I'd like to believe it is.

My feeling exactly. There's loads of companies that have some form of in-fighting, that's nothing new. But 100m? No chance. I'm hoping the meltdown thing is an exaggoration too. If not, other clubs will pick the bones and we'll be screwed. By the looks of it we're already probably going to lose Heitinga to Roma as it is. And DM won't get to see that money that's for sure. Next few days will be interesting that's for sure.

As much as I like Heitinga, he's on high wages and isn't getting the playing time he deserves, so I wouldn't mind seeing him leave as things stand. Selling Billy and Heitinga would take a huge load out of our wage budget, and both of them can be replaced by youth players (Gueye and Mustafi or Duffy), as neither of them were stable first teamers. I will mis Johny's versatility, though, and the fact that he was helping Drenthe settle in, but we've got enough defensive players to cope with that loss.

As much as I like Heitinga, he's on high wages and isn't getting the playing time he deserves, so I wouldn't mind seeing him leave as things stand. Selling Billy and Heitinga would take a huge load out of our wage budget, and both of them can be replaced by youth players (Gueye and Mustafi or Duffy), as neither of them were stable first teamers. I will mis Johny's versatility, though, and the fact that he was helping Drenthe settle in, but we've got enough defensive players to cope with that loss.

Yeah, he was very versatile. But unfortunately, freeing up money is far more significant. I'll take the future of the club over a very good player. It is a shame, but it's a case of a necessary sacrifice. Quite spooky he's went to Roma in my FM save lol. And like you said, it'll present opportunities for the young uns.

Lineups for todays match:
Everton: Howard, Hibbert, Jagielka, Heitinga, Baines, Fellaini, Osman, Cahill, Drenthe, Coleman, Saha. Subs: Mucha, Bilyaletdinov, Vellios, Gueye, Barkley, Mustafi, Stracqualursi.

Wolves: Hennessey, Edwards, Stearman, Henry, Ward, Hunt, Johnson, Berra, Milijas, O'Hara, Doyle. Subs: Craddock, Elokobi, Ebanks-Blake, Fletcher, Jarvis, De Vries, Guedioura.

Thank god we have Bainesy is all I can say. Just a shame we can't get a ref who isn't *****

Thing is we need to win this match urgently. If we draw and Bolton win we go into the bottom 3

We're gonna win this. I just went round the corner and got myself a lucky beer.

We're gonna win this. I just went round the corner and got myself a lucky beer.

As long as I refrain from watching it we should be ok. When I watch it live I seem to curse it-same with my predictions lol

As long as I refrain from watching it we should be ok. When I watch it live I seem to curse it-same with my predictions lol

Me too, but I can't help watching. I feel like a traitor if I don't.

Me too, but I can't help watching. I feel like a traitor if I don't.

Yeah I do feel bad cause I do love the club. But if I don't watch it and we win-I know I've done my part and it makes me feel good lol

Our ref is so good he forgot to get his whistle at the start of the second half. Great.

You have to be kidding me.......... Good..god

3 points for Everton.....please please pretty please.....can't stand to possibly see them in the relegation zone. For Moyes' sake.

It's looking better now-Bolton 2-1 down against WBA

Back