The Everton Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4K
  • Views Views 346K
Scored again? Dammit I missed it due to call of nature. Sweet. Nice to hear him scoring though

Torres: 50m, 23 apps, 3 goals.
Vellios: 300k, 12 apps (1 start), 3 goals.

Europe beckoning......the door to it is slowly creaking open. Just takes a couple of slipups from Arsenal and a few other teams above them. And of course, avoiding injuries.

Last edited:
Europe beckoning......the door to it is slowly creaking open. Just takes a couple of slipups from Arsenal and a few other teams above them. And of course, avoiding injuries.

I would rather keep out of Europe, as I don't think we'd have the squad depth needed to battle on all fronts. That said I wouldn't mind getting into europe courtesy of an FA cup win...

I would rather keep out of Europe, as I don't think we'd have the squad depth needed to battle on all fronts. That said I wouldn't mind getting into europe courtesy of an FA cup win...

Ah but. Kenwright is opening up the chequebook for January

(don't know where the money is coming from though)

Ah but. Kenwright is opening up the chequebook for January

(don't know where the money is coming from though)

Probably a chunk of the Arteta money, I'm guessing some 2m or so. We won't be getting too far with that amount though.

Probably a chunk of the Arteta money, I'm guessing some 2m or so. We won't be getting too far with that amount though.

Never know-if Heitinga does in fact go to Roma, could be looking at about 5 million-may have found some more gems at lower leagues too

In just a couple of weeks, Everton have risen from hovering over the relegation zone to closing in on the European spots. That's why I love the Premier League more than any other league in the world. :) It's been a good couple weeks for you Everton fans eh?

Never know-if Heitinga does in fact go to Roma, could be looking at about 5 million-may have found some more gems at lower leagues too

We'll have to wait and see. Heitinga leaving also depends on Distin getting a new contract or not, I'd think.

In just a couple of weeks, Everton have risen from hovering over the relegation zone to closing in on the European spots. That's why I love the Premier League more than any other league in the world. :) It's been a good couple weeks for you Everton fans eh?

Yup. The usual November resurgance is now in full flow :)

We'll have to wait and see. Heitinga leaving also depends on Distin getting a new contract or not, I'd think.

I'd give him a new contract imo. He's been great for us. Forged a great partnership with Jagielka

Tbf, even without Arteta the Everton squad is still very strong so it was a bit surprising to see them that close to the relegation places, but they've done well of late. :)

Some of it down to bad luck (like injuries), but other times just inconsistent performances. Once we're consistent, can see a top 7 finish. Even Billy played well today. Which was unexpected lol

**** right, Rodwell getting his debut, Fellaini signing a new contract, two wins in a row... Been a while since I had a good run football wise.

I'd give him a new contract imo. He's been great for us. Forged a great partnership with Jagielka

I love him, but he'd have to take a pay cut if he wants to stay. He's on high wages, and although he's earned them he's also reaching the end of his career and we're in no position to give away money.

Some of it down to bad luck (like injuries), but other times just inconsistent performances. Once we're consistent, can see a top 7 finish. Even Billy played well today. Which was unexpected lol

Billy didn't have a bad match but he still managed to annoy me when he wasted a good chance in the first half - should've let Ossie take the shot.

I love him, but he'd have to take a pay cut if he wants to stay. He's on high wages, and although he's earned them he's also reaching the end of his career and we're in no position to give away money.

Billy didn't have a bad match but he still managed to annoy me when he wasted a good chance in the first half - should've let Ossie take the shot.

Tempted to rename him Arshavineditnov-just for the inconsistency lol

Just seen the firs goal, very nice move. I'm still concerned though that we're all crosses and that's about it. It's been working, thus far but who knows for how long.

That said, that's how I've played Everton on FM so I have no right to complain!

Back