The Everton Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4K
  • Views Views 346K
If you call that good football you need your eyes testing. Got one lucky **** goal, and kick us off the park for the rest of the game. Disgraceful. That's not taking anything away from how awful we were today. Moyes seriously needs a kick up the ****.

Was talking about their previous games. And how can you blame Moyes? He has to work with what he's got. We need a playmaker with the killer pass that Arteta had. One which we cannot afford to buy

If you call that good football you need your eyes testing. Got one lucky **** goal, and kick us off the park for the rest of the game. Disgraceful. That's not taking anything away from how awful we were today. Moyes seriously needs a kick up the ****.

That's how Stoke play and they're good at that. You don't need to play like Barcelona to play 'good football' (Personally Barcelona bores me to death). It may not be fancy, but it's effective. Crosses, set pieces, 2 strong men up front, tricky wingers in Pennant and Etherington and a sturdy back 4, that's Stoke, and that took them to Europe.

Was talking about their previous games. And how can you blame Moyes? He has to work with what he's got. We need a playmaker with the killer pass that Arteta had. One which we cannot afford to buy

Because he's too ****** negative. Never takes any risks.What someone like Barkley? Who Moyes refuses to play. Why Billy is starting I will never know, and Cahill doesn't deserve a place either atm.

Why not go with a back four of Coleman Jags Distin Baines
Osman Fellaini Rodwell Drenthe
Barkley
Saha

Because he's too ****** negative. Never takes any risks.What someone like Barkley? Who Moyes refuses to play. Why Billy is starting I will never know, and Cahill doesn't deserve a place either atm.

Why not go with a back four of Coleman Jags Distin Baines
Osman Fellaini Rodwell Drenthe
Barkley
Saha

Couldn't use Drenthe as he's injured right now. As for Barkley-maybe he should've played him, but players like Huth and Shawcross would've pwned him. Have to be careful with a player like Barkley at such an age-last thing we would've wanted was another injury today

Last edited:
Just realised it gets worse-we've got Arsenal next :@

Just realised it gets worse-we've got Arsenal next :@

W00t. No offense, but that's a game we should really be winning. But I know all about DM and Everton from past seasons, and if this season's going to be anything like that, Everton should prove to be very tough opponents in my opinion. One comment though, you guys do look desperately short of quality up front.

W00t. No offense, but that's a game we should really be winning. But I know all about DM and Everton from past seasons, and if this season's going to be anything like that, Everton should prove to be very tough opponents in my opinion. One comment though, you guys do look desperately short of quality up front.

I'm sure Arteta will remind us about the sort of player we need lol. But yeah, we're just horrible up front. Which is why it hurts more to see Yakubu doing so well for Blackburn. Horrible state of affairs. Hope Kenwright keeps his word and gives DM some money to buy a striker.

I'm sure Arteta will remind us about the sort of player we need lol. But yeah, we're just horrible up front. Which is why it hurts more to see Yakubu doing so well for Blackburn. Horrible state of affairs. Hope Kenwright keeps his word and gives DM some money to buy a striker.

Well there should definitely be some cash available from the Arteta deal I imagine. But why was Yakubu allowed to leave in the first place? He was always a proven goalscorer from his Pompey days to Boro to Everton.

Well there should definitely be some cash available from the Arteta deal I imagine. But why was Yakubu allowed to leave in the first place? He was always a proven goalscorer from his Pompey days to Boro to Everton.

Reduce the wage bill and get money in. And wasn't in best form during his last season for us-1 goal in 15 appearances

Everton always give us a good game :)

We will have to play well to win

Everton always give us a good game :)

We will have to play well to win

As long as we have a fully fit squad. Would like to see Drenthe back from his injury

TBH are game is much more suited to playing the likes of Arsenal than 11 men behind the ball, kick them off the park Stoke.

Everton FC’s Phil Neville on why Stoke defeat could be a blessing in disguise - News - Everton FC - Liverpool Echo

More common sense by Phil.

Other news: Landon Donovan not expected to join the club on loan.

More concerning news, Bill Kenwright said a short while back he had promised to give David Moyes money for the January window. Now DM has said in a press release, he doesn't know if he will get any money to spend at all. Potentially, another broken promise.

And a thought. Bily is obviously not suited to the Prem with his regular inconsistency. Why not push Distin to LB and push up Baines to a LM role? I think he'd do very well there, as he's more than able to get the ball into the box and would give defenders a torrid time.

Pushing Distin to LB would make our left flank less effective as a whole, as he won't be able to do Baines' runs from deep, nor will he provide good crosses, and Drenthe will probably be first choice LW once he's back anyways. I wouldn't mind seing Gueye start ahead of Billy, though, see what the kid's made of.

Came across an interesting possible signing, and it could be a bit of a goer:

Reports in the French media are linking American International striker, Charlie Davies to a move to Everton.
Charlie (to his mates) has just finished a loan spell for DC United where he used his speed to score 11 goals in 26 games for the MLS Winners. The 25 year old striker lost out in the MLS comeback player of the year voting(whatever that means?) to David Beckham. Charlie has been released by French side Sochaux, but DC don't want to sign him permanently.

Here's the good part. Sochaux only wanted $1.2m as a fee.

And from what I hear, he has bags of pace, scores goals on a consistent basis, and is an absolute workhorse and is very good with his feet, and importantly works in a system similar to Evertons where he's a loan striker. Going to be watching this one closely. Surely we can afford someone like this, especially as his contract is up in the summer?

Came across an interesting possible signing, and it could be a bit of a goer:

Reports in the French media are linking American International striker, Charlie Davies to a move to Everton.
Charlie (to his mates) has just finished a loan spell for DC United where he used his speed to score 11 goals in 26 games for the MLS Winners. The 25 year old striker lost out in the MLS comeback player of the year voting(whatever that means?) to David Beckham. Charlie has been released by French side Sochaux, but DC don't want to sign him permanently.

Got bags of pace, he was involved in a pretty bad car accident (the driver died) 6months before the world cup and lost the use of his legs. He has basicly taught himself how to play again. Beckham won the comeback player of the year just as a gesture really, Davies definatly deserved it.

Here's the good part. Sochaux only wanted $1.2m as a fee.

And from what I hear, he has bags of pace, scores goals on a consistent basis, and is an absolute workhorse and is very good with his feet, and importantly works in a system similar to Evertons where he's a loan striker. Going to be watching this one closely. Surely we can afford someone like this, especially as his contract is up in the summer?

What the............I've just noticed the part where it says he lost the use of his legs..... How the **** did I miss that?!

Back