The Everton Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4K
  • Views Views 346K
What the............I've just noticed the part where it says he lost the use of his legs..... How the **** did I miss that?!

It is pretty big to miss lol. Thats why he should have won the comeback player, if he can get to anywhere near the standard he was then he will be a threat.

It is pretty big to miss lol. Thats why he should have won the comeback player, if he can get to anywhere near the standard he was then he will be a threat.

I guess I got overly excited and skimmed the text-not been much to be excited about lately lol. But that's an incredible achievement. Really amazing stuff. You're right-more than worthy of a comeback award

wow. suffered a lacerated bladder, fractured right tibia and femur, fractured elbow, facial injuries and bleeding from the brain... and he came back from all that? Just incredible

Last edited:
You cant polish a ****, the figures are bad no matter which way you look at it

I actually lolled. For starters reduce the value of the club-it's whats putting investors off. Even the most blind can see it. And even though finances very slightly improved, there's still those non-wage related costs. Basically without the TV money, we would've been further up **** creek, which doesn't make anything well managed whatsoever. And wages continue to increase. 67% percent of turnover. FML. Debt is stable-for now but it will increase there's no doubt about it. What an absolute pile of ****. Knew I shouldn't have read it. Had a very good day til now.

Now that's interesting. Just been reading on SSN that Piennar is being linked with a return to Goodison. Can't see it really, but will be keeping my ears open on this one.

Now that's interesting. Just been reading on SSN that Piennar is being linked with a return to Goodison. Can't see it really, but will be keeping my ears open on this one.

might be he hardly ever plays for spurs after being one of everton's key players.

Grass isn't always greener :)

Quote from Leighton on potential Piennar return:

“He was one of our best, if not our best player,” said Baines. “Obviously if there is a chance for him to come back, we’d all love to have him back.

“I know he was here and left so there might maybe be a bit of animosity. But when he was here, even up until his last day he worked hard and got his head down. No matter what, he would do the same wherever he goes. He’s a worker. Top class in his quality and a grafter as well. It’s what Everton’s always been about, even the foreigners we’ve brought in have had an English mentality.

“Steven and Mikel (Arteta), at the best they’ve rolled their sleeves up and they can do the hard work as well.”

“Football changes so quickly. He was in a moment where he was in top form. He got a chance to go to a club in the Champions League and all of a sudden now he’s at a club which isn’t there, and he’s not playing.

“People might look at that and say what was the point, but I’m sure he’ll say ‘If I hadn’t have done it I wouldn’t have known’.

“You can never tell what way it was going to go. At that time he felt it was the right opportunity for him and it just hasn’t panned out as he’d probably have wanted it.”

(From EvertonFC.com)

The rumour appears to be gathering strength, by suggesting it could be a loan move. For the love of god, let bygones be bygones and bring him back!

Considering the current state of affairs I wouldn't mind signing Adolf Hitler provided he wins us games. Either a loan or a transfer I'd certainly take him back.

Could've used him right now due to the fact both Rodwell and Drenthe miss tomorrows game.

I could've sworn I heard the dutchman was travelling.

Hmmm.... Some are saying he's to be assessed ahead of kickoff, some saying he's not playing. Hope to god he does play-need him badly

Bah, found the article. Says 'could' return for the match. ****. I hope Gueye starts instead of Billy.

Back