The Everton Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4K
  • Views Views 346K
Bah, found the article. Says 'could' return for the match. ****. I hope Gueye starts instead of Billy.

Christ yeah. Think that may have been Billy's last match. Huffed and puffed couldn't hit a barn door.

[video=youtube;Gf5LpxPVpyI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gf5LpxPVpyI&feature=related[/video]

If someone did the above tomorrow, I swear to god.....I actually wouldn't know what to do with myself loll

Last edited:
The problem with Billy is consistency. He's got flashes of brilliance, but he can't perform well throught the whole match, let alone a season...

Christ yeah. Think that may have been Billy's last match. Huffed and puffed couldn't hit a barn door.

[video=youtube;Gf5LpxPVpyI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gf5LpxPVpyI&feature=related[/video]

If someone did the above tomorrow, I swear to god.....I actually wouldn't know what to do with myself loll

Was against Almunia though :(

The problem with Billy is consistency. He's got flashes of brilliance, but he can't perform well throught the whole match, let alone a season...

Maybe see him as an "impact sub" for certain matches, nothing more unfortunately. Shame it didn't work out. One of those things unfortunately. If he did this tomorrow though:

[video=youtube;Z5_ltEONUzg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5_ltEONUzg&feature=endscreen&NR=1[/video]

I would be ecstatic. That sort of thing would give him a major boost imo

Last edited:
Was against Almunia though :(

I still went mental though lol-was a **** of a run by him.

Thing is the more I'm thinking about it, it's going to be closer than people think. Can see a 1-0

I still went mental though lol-was a **** of a run by him.

Thing is the more I'm thinking about it, it's going to be closer than people think. Can see a 1-0

Was a great run and great goal though our whole team went up for the corner?:S

Was even more pleased when we equalised in the last minute through rosicky was it?

Was a great run and great goal though our whole team went up for the corner?:S

Was even more pleased when we equalised in the last minute through rosicky was it?

I'm going to be honest...I honestly can't remember

Maybe see him as an "impact sub" for certain matches, nothing more unfortunately. Shame it didn't work out. One of those things unfortunately. If he did this tomorrow though:

[video=youtube;Z5_ltEONUzg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5_ltEONUzg&feature=endscreen&NR=1[/video]

I would be ecstatic. That sort of thing would give him a major boost imo

He earns too much (And we paid a lot for him too) to be an impact sub, IMO. If the opportunity arises I wouldn't mind seeing him leave. I would've preferred seeing him play well but hey, he's had time to prove himself and he didn't.

7? ****** ****. No doubt in time honoured tradition one of our players (or more) must've got injured during the match lol

Well it was snowing and we both dont have the best of injury records so the snow wont have helped ;)

Pienaar on loan to Everton in January sounds perfect for both sides.

I expect we'll have to pay half the wages, but still preferably to keeping him here.

Lineups courtesy of the BBC:

Arsenal:
Szczesny, Djourou, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Vermaelen, Arteta, Song, Walcott, Ramsey, Gervinho, van Persie. Subs: Almunia, Rosicky, Arshavin, Frimpong, Chamakh, Benayoun, Miquel.
Everton: Howard, Hibbert, Heitinga, Jagielka, Baines, Coleman, Neville, Fellaini, Bilyaletdinov, Cahill, Saha. Subs: Mucha, Stracqualursi, Distin, Gueye, Barkley, Vellios, McAleny.

Drenthe didn't make it after all then. oh well. Think we're going to struggle against that Arsenal lineup. Might have had a chance if Arshavin had been starting. Still think it'll be a very tight match. Going for a 1-0 scoreline.

Encouraging. Saha with the best chance of the game so far

Gervinho now. Hibbert did fine there.

Think Walcott should've taken the shot personally-very unselfish.

Hibberts had a very good season thus far. Worked his socks off

Back