The Everton Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4K
  • Views Views 346K
David, David, David............you left Bily on? Seriously?! oO)

Funny thing is the Everton board sued the local rag for printing that Arteta's sale funds wouldn't be avilable to Moyes and that it would go to pay of the bank loan. They actually won, too, and got their apology.

The money from the sale did actually go to pay the loan off though.

Agreed that Moyes is a top manager and I don't know why he's stuck around for so long, I keep thinking what he could do with a team which wasn't in so much debt, about time he gets a chance.

Funny thing is the Everton board sued the local rag for printing that Arteta's sale funds wouldn't be avilable to Moyes and that it would go to pay of the bank loan. They actually won, too, and got their apology.

The money from the sale did actually go to pay the loan off though.

Agreed that Moyes is a top manager and I don't know why he's stuck around for so long, I keep thinking what he could do with a team which wasn't in so much debt, about time he gets a chance.

Have a feeling the result from tonight and the Villa match may make his mind up

He seems fairly loyal to me TBH, would he still be held in high regard if he ****** right off?

Only the "fans" who are slagging him off will be happy. I wouldn't be happy tbh-not a jot. He's been made so many promises and been screwed over especially after the sale of Arteta. All the money we had from the transfers-gone. Even a loyal manager can take so much. And he did say he would go if fans wanted him. And the number of them is increasing

Fair play to everton, you have loads of spirit and I hope you beat Villa. :)

Is it just me who sniggered at Gueye? lol

I think the fact I heard the Everton fans booing above Spurs fans summed up the night

I would accept defeat if we tried hard, created chances and genuinely just gave it a go, but when there is no quality and heart present its hard to swallow.

Moyes is coming under unfair criticism, ill always back him. He did what fans asked today, played 4-4-2, and it got thrown back in our faces. We were destroyed in the midfield battle! Saha, past it. Bily, not good enough. Cahill, not on form. Felli, same as the latter. Its not looking bright for us, and its really hard to try see through the negatives and find the positives, if their even was any! Which thankfully, there was. Young Shane Duffy looked sharp and settled at the back and Donovan again looked a menace as much as he could without support. I know people will say it as against Spurs etc, but the wider picture is the past few weeks we have looked clueless. Tonight hurt, despite playing Spurs because i seen no fight or passion from Everton which was usually our niche.

I know BK has been holding out for a billionaire, but maybe he just has to give that search up and take a realistic option instead. We aren't going to find another Sheikh, and if we do, they will certainly not take over us!

Sigh. My take on things as they are. Though probably at risk of repeating myself.

1) 11 games without a goal for Saha. Don't have to say anything more than that. Clearly devoid of confidence in himself to score.
2) 384 days for Cahill without a goal. Hate to say it as I think he's been great, but he's lost his effectiveness.
3) It's incredibly obvious that we are lacking creativity. But don't expect a replacement this season-it just ain't gonna happen. The only player who comes closest to creating a spark is Donovan-he was threatening tonight, but it was for nothing.
4) Shane Duffy-looked good when he came on. Showed intelligence to stop Tottenham scoring a 3rd. Looking a good prospect.
5) David Moyes-his body language said it all. He's totally fed up with the whole situation. Why is he still at Goodison? I know he's loyal, but surely even he realises he's fighting a losing battle to get money for his window or even the next few.
6) Some so called Everton fans are just frankly an embarassment with what they're coming out with. He's stuck with us through thick and thin when others would've walked. Be grateful.
7) If I win the Euro lottery jackpot, the club can expect a cheque from me.

So to sum up-pretty ****** really.

If every moronic, grumpy everton supporter sent 10 pounds to the club we could buy ******* Messi. The amount of morons complaining without having a ******* clue of what's going on never ceases to amaze me.

Oh yeah forgot to mention. Moyes confirmed it was Distins hamstring that gave up the ghost.

Injuries are reminiscent of 2 years back when we had that awful amount of them. However, we still fought through and finished 7th or 8th. Im not going to go on like we are facing a relegation struggle, I think we're too good for that.. but the daunting prospect of loosing the rest of our quality this window or Summer, Moyes included is scary.

Injuries are reminiscent of 2 years back when we had that awful amount of them. However, we still fought through and finished 7th or 8th. Im not going to go on like we are facing a relegation struggle, I think we're too good for that.. but the daunting prospect of loosing the rest of our quality this window or Summer, Moyes included is scary.

I'm not as convinced as I was last year. We're only 2 points of WBA. Have tricky games have Villa, Blackburn, Man City, Wigan, Chelsea and Liverpool. This is going to a very stern test based on results in general in the premiership.

Back