The Everton Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4K
  • Views Views 346K
And how can we afford to replace Arteta anyway? There's a small problem of money.

Would have to involve a fee between £20-25 million. Anything less won't be accepted

I'm not sure on that tbh. I would be surprised if any team bids more than 20 million for him.

I'm not sure on that tbh. I would be surprised if any team bids more than 20 million for him.

Not right now-the injuries have cooled interest. But DM has pretty much admitted thats the value it would take to prize him away from the club

And just to clarify...I very much doubt any of the big team want Rodwell or barkley....I certainly don't want either at united

And just to clarify...I very much doubt any of the big team want Rodwell or barkley....I certainly don't want either at united

Erm......they are sought after for a reason. Man Utd want Rodwell, Chelsea want Barkley.........says it all. Fergie knows talent when he spots it-like with Rooney.

Rodwell and Barkley are two of the biggest prospects in England, dare I say the world?

Erm......they are sought after for a reason. Man Utd want Rodwell, Chelsea want Barkley.........says it all. Fergie knows talent when he spots it-like with Rooney.

Well I for one, as a fan, I do want him ofc. But not sure if Chelsea (AVB) even want him :)

This is not a well-founded argument. Fergie, or Chelsea for that matter have never said they want to buy either. Yes, the media do, but if you think either club is going to come in with these miraculous 20 million pound bids for either you're kidding yourselves. United have Cleverley, Pogba, morrison.

I understand that as Everton fans you would love these big money offers to come in, but servioulsy, how many years have you been hearing the same 'rumours' and how many times has anything happened? rooney, yes manchester united did buy hi, due to him been exceptional, he is in another class, these two, they are not in that class, nor shall they ever be in my opinion.

Highly doubtful. Or he wouldn't have posted the comments

Thanks ajt09. Yes obviously I've seen them play, don't get me wrong, I think they are good, just not as good as you do. Every team has their Rodwells that they think will be world beaters...i think they will grow to be good players, but i can't see Rodwell knocking cleverley or wiltshire out the england team, certainly not a world beater. If he was as good as you say he is he would ahve been snapped up before getting to 20 years old.

The main point I'm trying to make is not that i think the players are bad, because they aren't, but simply that these rumours a lot of you are talking about are complete rubbish lol!

Thanks ajt09. Yes obviously I've seen them play, don't get me wrong, I think they are good, just not as good as you do. Every team has their Rodwells that they think will be world beaters...i think they will grow to be good players, but i can't see Rodwell knocking cleverley or wiltshire out the england team, certainly not a world beater. If he was as good as you say he is he would ahve been snapped up before getting to 20 years old.

The main point I'm trying to make is not that i think the players are bad, because they aren't, but simply that these rumours a lot of you are talking about are complete rubbish lol!

That's because Rodwell will be partnering Wiltshere in the future-I'll be staggered if he's not.

And David Moyes has already asked Chelsea to stay away from Barkley last year.

This is not a well-founded argument. Fergie, or Chelsea for that matter have never said they want to buy either. Yes, the media do, but if you think either club is going to come in with these miraculous 20 million pound bids for either you're kidding yourselves. United have Cleverley, Pogba, morrison.

I understand that as Everton fans you would love these big money offers to come in, but servioulsy, how many years have you been hearing the same 'rumours' and how many times has anything happened? rooney, yes manchester united did buy hi, due to him been exceptional, he is in another class, these two, they are not in that class, nor shall they ever be in my opinion.

And we don't want these millions of pounds to come rolling in. We want to keep them as does Moyes. He wants to build a team around them for the future. But thanks to severe financial fuckups-we probably won't be able to keep them.

Back