The Everton Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4K
  • Views Views 346K
Are we expected to believe that? I'm realistic, I don't expect us to get good players and I understand that we're doing the best with what we've got, but I wish they'd just come out with the truth, which is we're in deep **** and there's nothing we can do about it until Richie Rich shows up and buys the club.

What I've just read is plain and simply bullshit. Their claim that the club 'has invested in players in the past few years' is **** - the truth is it's been years since we saw some investment in new players. It'd be like Wenger saying (This is entirely hypothetical, I'm not claiming the following ever happened or will happen) 'Arsenal won the league in the past 7 years', when he should say they won the league 7 years ago.

All they've managed with these kind of statements is further convince the people that our club is run by either dishonest or stupid people, and honestly the more I see the more I'm convinced myself. I don't doubt Bill's credentials as a Blue - he's been at Goodison since before my father was born - but these comments do him no favours. The sooner he sells the club the better for all parties involved. Then again, we could end up like Pompey, Birmingham or maybe even Darlington.

I read this morning that the 10m you received for Arteta is basically gone now? Ouch...

Gibbo starts!

He does indeedyroonie. Expect explosive finishing GC :P

More worryingly, rumours about someone is on way out of Everton and ALLEGEDLY that player is Rodwell. Be following that one with great interest. And gloom

AjDqCinCQAA2DRZ.jpg
LOL

How did Gibson play? Any defense splitting passes or almost goal shots?

How did Gibson play? Any defense splitting passes or almost goal shots?

Not bad at all from what I hear-no shots as far as I'm aware-but Clattenburg denied us a pen. Utterly **** game though.

A really good pass, put Cahill 1 on 1 with the keeper but Cahill failed to hit... the ball.

Oh for goodness sake. Are things really that bad....gettin beyond a joke now :S

He does indeedyroonie. Expect explosive finishing GC :P

More worryingly, rumours about someone is on way out of Everton and ALLEGEDLY that player is Rodwell. Be following that one with great interest. And gloom

Cash in I say while people still believe he's the player he's not.

He does indeedyroonie. Expect explosive finishing GC :PMore worryingly, rumours about someone is on way out of Everton and ALLEGEDLY that player is Rodwell. Be following that one with great interest. And gloom
I'd be very surprised if he joins anyone other than United;just think that he's destined for it but then I don't make destiny's do I?

I'd be very surprised if he joins anyone other than United;just think that he's destined for it but then I don't make destiny's do I?

Windows full of surprises usually though. But its going to be a nervy remainder of window

Donovan is superb. Always seems to have the final product. Superb cross in the first half and set up the goal with a perfectly weighted pass. So wasted in the MLS.

Donovan is superb. Always seems to have the final product. Superb cross in the first half and set up the goal with a perfectly weighted pass. So wasted in the MLS.

That sort of service he provided we've been starved of for ages. It was sublime. Just wish we had the money to get him in permanently.

Well, when he was fit he was easily our second best player after Baines this season.

That's not saying much. Don't get me wrong he's a decent player and if he stays with us will have a good solid career, but he's not going to be the answer to England's midfield problems like people think. He gets the ball and passes sideways or backwards. He looked at his best in an Everton shirt when he was using his power to beat people, which he looks to have lost this year, I know he's had his injuries but if anything over £15M gets offered, snap there hands off. I'm perfectly happy with Fellaini, Barkley, Osman and possibly get in a more creative spark, like Krancjar or Faurlin from QPR.

Back