The Everton Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4K
  • Views Views 346K
Thanks ajt09. Yes obviously I've seen them play, don't get me wrong, I think they are good, just not as good as you do. Every team has their Rodwells that they think will be world beaters...i think they will grow to be good players, but i can't see Rodwell knocking cleverley or wiltshire out the england team, certainly not a world beater. If he was as good as you say he is he would ahve been snapped up before getting to 20 years old.

The main point I'm trying to make is not that i think the players are bad, because they aren't, but simply that these rumours a lot of you are talking about are complete rubbish lol!

I don't see Rodwell knocking Cleverley out of the England team either.

Specifically because Rodwell has actually played for England and is now a regular in the team, unlike Cleverley.

hmm.

Liverpool Signed Henderson for 20m, you're going to be looking at 30 probably. Seeing as Henderson defines 'meh'
Liverpool paid Carroll 35m, so what's your point XD

Before anyone sits on my back, this is a joke.

Few years a go, you had team for top 5-6. How come no-one wanted Everton, to buy ?

Thats what the fans would like an answer to. We've had interested parties, but it would appear the valuation of £100 million is too high. And the lack of a modern stadia is putting some off too. One of the parties that were interested a few years back are now the current owners of Man City :S

United brought Scholes out of retirement rather than let Gibson play? Haha, oh I fear for you Ajt, I really do.

United brought Scholes out of retirement rather than let Gibson play? Haha, oh I fear for you Ajt, I really do.

I suspect he may explode onto the scene with a goal against Villa as he's meant to be starting-watch this space ;)

Bit dubious about this signing. He's decent don't get me wrong, but not what we are crying out for at all. I am surprised Moyes hasn't used Barkley this season as his technique and creativity is far better than anyone else we've got in the middle. In general the only way I can sum up this season is a huge lack of ideas from back to front, 1 dimensional and far too negative. Don't get me wrong I love Moyes for what he's done but at times he frustrates the living **** out of me.

He can clearly see that what we're doing at the moment clearly isn't working so what's the harm in mixing it up abit for a couple of games. I'd firstly like to see Cahill in midfield making his late runs into the box, and I'd like to get Barkley (I know he's been injured recently) in there instead of Phil ****** Neville and Johnny Heitinga. What's he got to lose? I think he'd get a few fans of his back for trying something different. This would be my lineup for Villa.

Howard
Coleman Duffy Heitinga Baines
Fellaini
Gibson Cahill
Drenthe Gueye
Saha

It won't happen but that side is pretty good if you think we have 5 top players out. Just do something different Moyesey.

Gibson was always going to leave. We wanted him gone in summer but deal didn't happen with Sunderland. We would have lost him for free now we atleast got 500K which may rise to 2 Million. In addition nice chance for Gibson to make Euros squad.

Injury update. Distin could be out for up to 2 weeks.

Sidenote-Gisbon has joined Everton in my FM Swansea save. Beat Everton in final. Hopefully not an omen oO)

Last edited:
Back