The Everton Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4K
  • Views Views 346K
That's not saying much. Don't get me wrong he's a decent player and if he stays with us will have a good solid career, but he's not going to be the answer to England's midfield problems like people think. He gets the ball and passes sideways or backwards. He looked at his best in an Everton shirt when he was using his power to beat people, which he looks to have lost this year, I know he's had his injuries but if anything over £15M gets offered, snap there hands off. I'm perfectly happy with Fellaini, Barkley, Osman and possibly get in a more creative spark, like Krancjar or Faurlin from QPR.

First of all, he's not Iniesta, his role is not to play incisive balls between the opposition midfielders/defenders. If you expected him to do the job Arteta did for us then you're of course going to be disappointed. He's defensively sound, has a good shot on him and he's strong and has a good header on him, but he's by no means a playmaker. He can beat people by sheer power or even pace, he's not the quickest but he's by no means a slow player.

Btw - Faurlin tore his ACL and will be out for some 6-8 months, and it remains to be seen if he's the same player after that, ACL injuries can destroy players.

United States striker Edson Buddle will be on trial at Goodison Park this week.

United States striker Edson Buddle will be on trial at Goodison Park this week.

Desperate times. The only reason I think can be behind this, is that he played with Donovan at LA Galaxy. Mind you, a player struggling to score and make an impact in the German Second division does not give me great hope. Quite shocking.

On a plus note, young Vellios scored a hat-trick for the reserves. Surely our joint top scorer warrants more first team action. There is sticking by and having faith in Saha, then there's being stupid and not giving a kid who is desperate to make his mark a run.
Hope to see him and Anichebe together on Saturday.

Midfielder James Wallace joins Tranmere Rovers on 1 month loan deal

Midfielder James Wallace joins Tranmere Rovers on 1 month loan deal

Yup, was on loan at Stevenage but with the change of manager he was deemed surplus and sent back. Tranmere were very good for Baxter, gave him games regularly, and are close enough to keep him monitored at all times. Hopefully he'll do well.

Also - apparently Wallace is going to be handed a one-year professional contract with the club. He's not nearly as talented as the rest of our young midfielders but with some luck he'll be able to provide backup in the future.

I need someone to verify something for me-has Tim Howard moved ahead of Neville Southall in terms of number of appearances-only asking as internet is being a **** right now (takses couple of minutes to change a page on here).

The commentator for the Blackburn match says he has-other information dotted around the web says otherwise. I haven't looked at Wiki-mainly because it's **** and unreliable

I need someone to verify something for me-has Tim Howard moved ahead of Neville Southall in terms of number of appearances-only asking as internet is being a **** right now (takses couple of minutes to change a page on here).

The commentator for the Blackburn match says he has-other information dotted around the web says otherwise. I haven't looked at Wiki-mainly because it's **** and unreliable

Southall has 500+ league apps so I don't think so, maybe he's talking about PL apps?

Possibly-all I can think of now. When I first heard I thought "that was a bit quick" lol. It would make sense though.

Is Cahill hurt or something? Just seen a halftime shot and it looked he was struggling with or knock or something

Whether we now like it or not, we're in a relegation scrap. 8 points can deplete very quickly especially if we continue to play like this. We were lucky today. Blackburn were the better side.

Credit to Shane Duffy though. Looks as if he's going to be a very good CB in the future. Just pray to god he stays injury free until Jags or Distin come back.

no McFadders today-not sure why. Could've used him. Especially seeing as a 20 year CB was the best player on the pitch

Credit to Shane Duffy though. Looks as if he's going to be a very good CB in the future. Just pray to god he stays injury free until Jags or Distin come back.

I am very friendly with his cousin. Duffy lived about 10mins away from me before he went to Everton, nice lad. He has really taken his chance in the first team. I always knew he had the quality, was just worried incase he never got to show it. Distin's injury is a blessing in disguise.

I am very friendly with his cousin. Duffy lived about 10mins away from me before he went to Everton, nice lad. He has really taken his chance in the first team. I always knew he had the quality, was just worried incase he never got to show it. Distin's injury is a blessing in disguise.

Would appear so. Was still impressed with the way he played against Spurs when he came on by denying them another goal. Very intelligent player with good positional awareness. Looking forward to seeing more of him in action.

"Call me what you like but I have now had enough of wasting my time and emotions on watching a team run by David Moyes. His negative, stale tactics are ruining this club more than any other factor. I have had enough of watching whole games with NO excitemtent or idea how to attack.

Too many times he makes baffling decisions but dithers over easy ones. Prime example today, Drenthe has one bad game and is dropped. How many has Saha had and he is still number one choice, even when others have come on and scored in his place.

In short I will not watch another game we play in until he has gone!"

"who would you get in place of moyles? i`ve been sick of him for years - hes a charlatan"

This is concerning. There are many of these sorts of comments springing up all over different Everton fan based forums (and the majority appeared after the Blackburn match)-and there's loads now. As Han Solo said once, "I have a bad feeling about this". I hope DM doesn't keep his word and pack it in because the supporters want him to :S

Last edited:
"Call me what you like but I have now had enough of wasting my time and emotions on watching a team run by David Moyes. His negative, stale tactics are ruining this club more than any other factor. I have had enough of watching whole games with NO excitemtent or idea how to attack.

Too many times he makes baffling decisions but dithers over easy ones. Prime example today, Drenthe has one bad game and is dropped. How many has Saha had and he is still number one choice, even when others have come on and scored in his place.

In short I will not watch another game we play in until he has gone!"

"who would you get in place of moyles? i`ve been sick of him for years - hes a charlatan"

This is concerning. There are many of these sorts of comments springing up all over different Everton fan based forums (and the majority appeared after the Blackburn match)-and there's loads now. As Han Solo said once, "I have a bad feeling about this". I hope DM doesn't keep his word and pack it in because the supporters want him to :S

These sort of comments and criticism is ridiculous considering the work he has done under the sort of conditions the club is in financially. That first comment reeks of sheer stupidity imo.

Ungrateful whiners. Just like United fans who said 'Fergi, now's your time to retire'. They can all shove it.

Back