The Everton Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4K
  • Views Views 346K
Thing is though, the more of them appear the greater chance the risk of losing him thanks to basically.....mugs.

And if they've bothered to watch previous matches, they'll notice it's not just lack of money that's the problem. There's a breakdown of team cohesion beginning to appear. Some cases the basics of football are missing like the triangular passing. Some of the players, as soon as they pass the ball......they just stop. And there's hardly any running onto the ball either. There's a breakdown of work ethic at the moment, and thats more worrying about the lack of funds. We have very good players....we just need players who are willing to stand up to the plate. Barring the obvious names there's not many at the moment, and that's worrying.

Morons will be morons. I don't think he'll leave due to fan pressure alone (Look at Steve Kean!), but if by next season the board doesn't help him out, be it by spending or at the very least by not selling, I don't see him staying for much longer. He won't leave till the season's over at the very least, though.

On the players - a lot has to do with frustration. We've wasted so many leads this season, and we've also spent so much time chasing results that it has taken a toll on the players' morale. If we can get a good run of results I'm confident they'll shake it off, but I don't see us getting a result, let alone a run of them...

Well I've looked at the fixture list coming up, and I just cannot see an easy game at all-all people have to do is look at recent results in the Premiership-it's been carnage. We've got Fulham next in the cup, then Man City, Wigan, Chelsea, Liverpool, QPR, Tottenham, Arsenal. It's a horrendous schedule.

Not saying we're going down or anything, but good god-it's going to be close. But we'll stay up though.. just. The fight back from the clubs below us are going to make it squeaky **** time thats for sure

For a long time now, people have been saying to me, "this is Everton's year, your going back to the dark days". I have shrugged it off all the time, knowing that we are missing either a key player or just in a poor run of form a la start of the season syndrome. However, i don't believe form is the problem this year, its quality. We are expecting to challenge for Europa League, thats not going to happen. We have a tendency at Everton to make over the top expectations on belief itself. It 2 last year, we we're saying that a Champions League challenge is not out of the question, with the players even believing it. We just aren't good enough. We have sold our 2 most creative and influential players in the past 12 months, and are seriously paying for it. Steven Pienaar was a gem. Him and Baines linking up on that left flank caused every team difficulties, we done the double over Man City twice in a row! I think Moyes will stay until the summer. This summer, he will ***** the finance situation before making a decision. In any case, we need to get out the dead wood (Saha, Distin, Bily etc) they are too old and well, in Bily's case he jsut isn't suited to the Premier League.

To say sack Moyes is ludicrous. Most of them don't watch football and mostly, don't watch Everton games. They are too influenced by what others have to say. If Moyes left who would take over? Who wants this job? A team in decline, we'd end up with Alan Curbishley or something!

Everton are are reportedly looking to reward Tony Hibbert's long service at Goodison Park with a testimonial match, but no date or opponent has been announced at this time. Hibbert has been a mainstay of the Goodison defence since making his debut as a 20-year-old at West Ham United back in March 2001. Hibbert, who will be 31 next month, has made almost 300 appearances for Everton and is third on their all-time list for most Premier League outings. (Liverpool Daily Post)

Deserved in my opinion. He's been unfairly criticised by some Everton supporters, but he's never slagged off the club and always put in a shift. He may not be a Premiership megastar, but he's always worked hard and has always been loyal to the cause. In an age when only money matters and LOYALTY plays second fiddle, Hibbert is a prime example of the word and a credit to the club.

Yeah, it's madness! It's not like Jamie Carragher got his at 32, right...

...Right?

Bad troll is bad.

Good point, actually.

Troll? You want to see me troll..

Carragher has done everything for Liverpool. From coming through the academy, to lifting the european cup, to (finally) acting as cover for the first team. He's among the top few people for most appearences for Liverpool.

Just sayin' (K)

Last edited:
Good point, actually.

Troll? You want to see me troll..

Carragher has done everything for Liverpool. From coming through the academy, to lifting the european cup, to (finally) acting as cover for the first team. He's among the top few people for most appearences for Liverpool.

Just sayin' (K)

And he's an Everton fan.

WE should get Arne Freidrich :P
Hes good in game :D
Good to see Cahill score again.

Was*

Go read his book. It outlines the scum of evertonians singing about liverpool disasters and various other bitterness. It's a good read.

Is. 'Was' is the fairy tale he tells Liverpool fans, or do you still believe in Santa?

A testimonial match... at 31?

I think testimonial matches will be played if player plays for more than 11 years at the same club (If I'm not wrong) and Hibbert came through Everton ranks.

Though we couldn't have wished for a worse time to play them following that 5-2 gubbing of Newcastle :S

Was*

Go read his book. It outlines the scum of evertonians singing about liverpool disasters and various other bitterness.

Strange because I've seen plenty of Liverpool fans singing equally repulsive things.

Flattered us mrajt, our first half performance was our worst all season. I have a good feeling about this one though. Expect about 2 Fulham fans though Friday night means day off work and you have to get accommodation as no trains back to London after a certain time.

Flattered us mrajt, our first half performance was our worst all season. I have a good feeling about this one though. Expect about 2 Fulham fans though Friday night means day off work and you have to get accommodation as no trains back to London after a certain time.

Yeah can imagine it's a nightmare to get to like.

Have to say you couldn't have picked a better time to play us tbh. Supporters getting on players and managers back more, ravaged by injuries, little team cohesion (just watch the player movement after they pass the ball), defence with no defensive subs left, morale and confidence through the floor........epically bad times. Best player on saturday was Shane Duffy. Which says a lot really. At least he's showing his potential though

Is. 'Was' is the fairy tale he tells Liverpool fans, or do you still believe in Santa?

'Is' is about as true as him having the tattoo on his arm.

I feel for you though, must be horrible seeing one of your own go on to do so well with that club you claim to be better than.

Last edited:
Back