The Everton Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4K
  • Views Views 346K
With all due respect, McAleny and Gueye aren't hot prospects.

Oh and Spearing is?

Know* awkward..

Is that so? =/

Seems like you fail at a few other things aside from reading...
It's more than anything Everton have won recently. (K)

The Everton match will also now be re-arranged I've heard.

Sure it is, congratulations, you've only had to spend about a 100m pounds in under a year to reach the Carling Cup final.

Last edited:
Yeah. Should've mentioned other teams. West Ham are playing better than us. It pretty much makes the match against Fulham all the more important. That could make or break us season wise.

However, we have improved going forward thanks in no small part to Donovan. It's some of the other players who are going AWOL. Some pass the ball then just stop moving. Even the basics are being forgotten-like passing triangles.

Well Donovan is the reason we didn't lose against Villa. Honestly he's been a huge boost for us, even if it isn't noticed due to most of our guys playing like *****.

Oh and Spearing is?

No, not really. He's more of a back up. Robinson and Kelly are though. I'd have Rodwell any day. Tried several times on FM and it hasn't happened.

Sure it is, congratulations, you've only had to spend about a 100m pounds in under a year to reach the Carling Cup finals.

Don't congratulate me, congratulate the king.

Well Donovan is the reason we didn't lose against Villa. Honestly he's been a huge boost for us, even if it isn't noticed due to most of our guys playing like *****.

Donovan is BEAST.

well if the merseyside derby has been rearranged does that mean Suarez will play or not? I'd rather he didn't. Simply because it'll do nothing except create a very hostile atmosphere-more than usual. I'd rather watch a match for footballing reasons. Not because of potential flareups regarding a matter that has been dealt with by the FA, in which the incident should be laid to rest-just be one big media circus focusing on one individual instead of the football. I'm sick of all the recent **** that's going on in football these days as it is. There's enough negative press as it is.

Wasn't he meant to be back by then anyway?

I read (tbh not sure how accurate it was) that the ban ended on the day of the Derby. Just been trying to find it but its like looking for a needle in a haystack right now.

Edit-he would've made it, depending on the outcome of the result tonight which was obviously a win. So he would've made it

Last edited:
Edson Buddle not joining now following trial. Going to Belgian First Division side Westerlo

I believe Suarez' first game back from his suspension is Liverpool v Tottenham Hotspur.

Is Bily taking the ****? Lack of creativity-went to Arsenal. Style of play-no choice due to injuries. IF he got off his backside, he could have been something. He could have been the creator we lacked and he's had more than enough time. I don't buy that "hard for a foreign footballer in England" ****. He's been in this country long enough to adapt.

Go do one Bily

Suarez's first game back is against Tottenham.. Second game back is United..

Is Bily taking the ****? Lack of creativity-went to Arsenal. Style of play-no choice due to injuries. IF he got off his backside, he could have been something. He could have been the creator we lacked and he's had more than enough time. I don't buy that "hard for a foreign footballer in England" ****. He's been in this country long enough to adapt.

Go do one Bily

"The team has problems with creating scoring chances, and converting them." - He's got a point there.. P:

Yeah well-if he bothered trying to create some we may have scored more. Saying that, Baines has been putting the crosses into the box. If some of the them weren't so pedestrian when other players go forward, we may have put them in the back of the net. But he's obviously trying to deflect some of the blame away-which simply doesn't wash.

Everton starting lineup: Howard; Neville, Heitinga, Duffy, Baines; Gibson, Cahill, Fellaini, Gueye; Stracqualursi, Donovan
subs: Hibbert, Saha, Drenthe, Hahnemann, Vellios, Anichebe, Baxter

Last edited:
And away from FA Cup, looking likely McFadders is going out on loan :S

Not a bad lineup, and it's nice to see Hibbo back, even if only as a sub.

Back