The Everton Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4K
  • Views Views 346K
Hello Wembley. Time for payback for that 3-0 gubbing-bring on the Reds! Great result and excellent performance

Who knows?
We won thats what counts at the moment. But if it is confirmed I'd be a happy man.
Jelavic has been a wonderful signing I must say.

Apparently it's something to do with a 5th place finish for a team in CL football-but I don't know if it's true or not.

If Spurs, Chelsea, Man City, Man Utd stay where they are in the league, we make the Europa League

I just heard something interesting. Technically Everton are back in Europe because we won this match and reached the semi-final, and we make Europe based on a technicallity-can someone confirm this?

We need to reach the final.

We need to reach the final.

Just heard that if the top 4 clubs finish where they are-we make Europa come end of the season. But don't know how accurate that is. If true though-be ****** overjoyed

Well FA Cup winner gets Europa don't they? And the remaining teams are going to be in Europe. Is that why?

Superb boys, this is the team I love! Just wish we could start the season like this once in a blue moon! Heitinga, Fellaini, Jelavic, Gueye, Cahill, Osman all top drawer. Harsh to leave anyone out of that list but woohooooo, I am made up. All set up for us to turn the red ***** over now, happy to have my Wembley tickets at the ready!

Well FA Cup winner gets Europa don't they? And the remaining teams are going to be in Europe. Is that why?

I honestly don't know. I'm hearing a lot of conflicting things so don't know. I thought the FA Cup winners went into CL.

I honestly don't know. I'm hearing a lot of conflicting things so don't know. I thought the FA Cup winners went into CL.

No the team that finishes 4th in the PL gets into UCL.

Hope you go on and win it! :)

No the team that finishes 4th in the PL gets into UCL.

Hope you go on and win it! :)

That's what I thought-until someone mentioned the word "technicalities". Either way, if we make Europe, after the start we had, it just sums up how fantasic David Moyes is as a manager-and how resiliant Everton FC is a club, and will be a testament to the club as a whole. And hopefully, shut up the doubters permanantly

The winners get Europa, if the winners are already in the CL, then the runner up goes into Europa. If the winner is already in Europa by finishing 5th, then the runner up doesn't get it and the spot goes to 6th place. Liverpool are already in Europa because of CC, Spurs should get CL, so if they beat Chelsea they the Europa goes to the runner up. If Chelsea win, they should get Europa from their league position if they don't make top 4. There's no reason for Everton to be assured of Europa now AFAIK, only if they beat Liverpool.

The winners get Europa, if the winners are already in the CL, then the runner up goes into Europa. If the winner is already in Europa by finishing 5th, then the runner up doesn't get it and the spot goes to 6th place. Liverpool are already in Europa because of CC, Spurs should get CL, so if they beat Chelsea they the Europa goes to the runner up. If Chelsea win, they should get Europa from their league position if they don't make top 4. There's no reason for Everton to be assured of Europa now AFAIK, only if they beat Liverpool.

Thanks for clearing that mess up lol. So basically, it's in our hands based on Liverpools poor run of form.

Thanks for clearing that mess up lol. So basically, it's in our hands based on Liverpools poor run of form.

It's the way to be assured of it. There's a bunch of permutations for which you qualify though.

It's the way to be assured of it. There's a bunch of permutations for which you qualify though.

To be honest, IF, and I mean IF, we make EL, after the start we had, and the money we spent, it just sums up all the work that DM has done, and just gives a slap in the face of all the moronic doubters. It may be sound biased, but I would say the same of any manager who accomplished the same feat. And also proves the point I made before, about the void he would leave when he goes.

To be honest, IF, and I mean IF, we make EL, after the start we had, and the money we spent, it just sums up all the work that DM has done, and just gives a slap in the face of all the moronic doubters. It may be sound biased, but I would say the same of any manager who accomplished the same feat. And also proves the point I made before, about the void he would leave when he goes.

Yeah, it may get mocked by some, but it'd be a great competition for a club like Everton to be competing in, considering all of the circumstances.

Yeah, it may get mocked by some, but it'd be a great competition for a club like Everton to be competing in, considering all of the circumstances.

Exactly. Obviously for me being an Evertonian-fantastic. But for any club it would be just as equally a fantastic achievement. If it happened to a club like Bolton or whoever I would have no hesitation in heaping such praise. In my opinion, it just proves that there's too much emphasis in spending a huge amount of money to achieve success. A club doesn't need to do it. That's my opinion any way-Fulham proved it

Exactly. Obviously for me being an Evertonian-fantastic. But for any club it would be just as equally a fantastic achievement. If it happened to a club like Bolton or whoever I would have no hesitation in heaping such praise. In my opinion, it just proves that there's too much emphasis in spending a huge amount of money to achieve success. A club doesn't need to do it. That's my opinion any way-Fulham proved it

Success is relative. For a club who spends most seasons staving off relegation or languishing in mid table, expanding horizons and merely playing in a new competition is a success and brings the same amount of joy to a fan of a team like United who regularly deliver trophies.

Jelavic again? Looks like Moyes hit the jackpot once again by signing the right player.

Success is relative. For a club who spends most seasons staving off relegation or languishing in mid table, expanding horizons and merely playing in a new competition is a success and brings the same amount of joy to a fan of a team like United who regularly deliver trophies.

That's the thing. Is languishing mid-table in the Premiership such a bad thing now? I wouldn't call it languishing. With the quality of teams coming up from the Championship, with the likes of Swansea and Norwich-surely that proves that the gulf between the Prem and the Championship is vastly narrowed now? Or is the quality between the two diminishing? Both division are now pretty now equally as tough (imo anyway). People say that the quality of the Prem in the lower half is much poorer, but I disagree. There's some really really good quality emerging fom the lower leagues now. Or am I being too lovey dovey with the Championship? Norwich and Swansea have such tight budgets-but still continue to astound all plaudits with the style of football-not the quality of players. Surely that's more important than spending?

That's the thing. Is languishing mid-table in the Premiership such a bad thing now? I wouldn't call it languishing. With the quality of teams coming up from the Championship, with the likes of Swansea and Norwich-surely that proves that the gulf between the Prem and the Championship is vastly narrowed now? Or is the quality between the two diminishing? Both division are now pretty now equally as tough (imo anyway). People say that the quality of the Prem in the lower half is much poorer, but I disagree. There's some really really good quality emerging fom the lower leagues now. Or am I being too lovey dovey with the Championship? Norwich and Swansea have such tight budgets-but still continue to astound all plaudits with the style of football-not the quality of players. Surely that's more important than spending?

You only need to look at the number of shock results this season to see the lower half isn't that bad. I'd say Norwich and Swansea are exceptions to the rule, there's still quite a step up between the leagues. Lambert and Rodgers are both fantastic managers.

Back