The Everton Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4K
  • Views Views 346K
You only need to look at the number of shock results this season to see the lower half isn't that bad. I'd say Norwich and Swansea are exceptions to the rule, there's still quite a step up between the leagues. Lambert and Rodgers are both fantastic managers.

Definately. When DM does leave, Rodgers and Lambert are the names I would mention as replacements. They've done fantastic work in the Prem as first time Prem managers. The style of football they've brought to the Prem has been compared to Blackpool, but they've done better work than Holloway has done. You just have to look at the Swansea style, with basic Triangular play as an example. Yes we defeated that-but they and Norwich have not been afraid to stick to the basic fundamentals, of good honest football. I'd have no hesitation in seeing them as replacements. It's just a shame that there's no bigger clubs out there, who don't take a chance on managers like them.

You only need to look at the number of shock results this season to see the lower half isn't that bad. I'd say Norwich and Swansea are exceptions to the rule, there's still quite a step up between the leagues. Lambert and Rodgers are both fantastic managers.
I agree completely. Paul Lambert and Brendan Rodgers should be considered two of the best young managers in Britain. I would definitely take them at Liverpool, if King Kenny were to leave, as I would love a talented young manager to be at Anfield for the long term once Kenny leaves. I doubt it though; clubs are normally impatient and unwilling to hire inexperienced managers!

Andre Villas-Boas was an exception, and I was really devastated when he left Chelsea! I hope AVB continues his career and fulfils his potential - maybe as a replacement for Pep Guardiola one day? I guess that's fairly likely, if he can do well at his next job. If not, maybe he will be just another manager.

Anyway, brilliant win for you Evertonians yesterday, which just goes to show how brilliant David Moyes actually is! I have always rated him, and respected him, despite him managing Everton, and he just proves time and time again you don't need money to succeed. Managers like Guardiola are rated so highly, yet people overlook the fantastic job people like Moyes or Walter Smith do (with little money)!

Anyway, on topic, bring on the derby! We're going to thrash you, haha! A place in the final will just spice things up a little bit more in a match which is bound to be extremely competitive anyway!

- PZW

David Moyes 100% for Fergie replacement when he retires. :P

The work he has done at Everton is phenominal.

Jack Rodwell (hamstring), Seamus Coleman (thigh) and Royston Drenthe (leave) miss WBA match.

No word on Drenthe return due to family problems.

And with that own goal courtesy of WBA we now move above Liverpool to 7th ^^)

How the **** is it only 1-0? Should be at least 3 or 4 nil up by now. WBA are obviously thinking of their summer hols already. Actually had to stop watching as West Brom are just not doing a thing.

Well, there's one change for the Semi Final. Reina will miss it due to sending off.

Howard Webb confirmed ref for Semi's.
Moyes wan'ts Piennar on a permanent deal. So do I. Would love him back permanently

Doing a nice job against Norwich...1-0. Coupled with the Villa lead, things are looking very, very sweet indeed. More of the same please Villa!

****. 1-1. Should've known it would be a tricky game

Certainly do now. 2-1.
FUUU.png

Sigh. Another dodgy ref performance courtesy of Andre Mariner.

Fair play to Norwich. Showing why they're staying in the Premiership. Good stuff from them. Still above Liverpool so can't complain too much. Thank you Villa

Do you Evertonians think Fellaini/Jagielka/Baines will be at Everton next season?

I can see perhaps Jagielka and Fellaini going, David Moyes will be still with you next season though.. I think he is Fergie's successor.

Back