The Everton Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4K
  • Views Views 346K
Quite interesting watching Everton with a clinical finisher in the team. Love watching them play, plenty of energy. Shame they seem to have lost their shape after the goal mind you. Got to take advantage of gifts like that.

I have to admit-I was very surprised to see Carra in the starting lineup. Been a great player for the club-but like other Liverpool fans have said he hasn't got it any more.

Quite ironic too-Liverpool nearly bought Jelavic a while ago. Still-there's a long while to go yet

ooooo. Looks like it's literally only just offside

True, it will be amusing if fans turn it into an "offside goal" rant, instead of saying yeah, the mistake was shocking. No assistant is going to see an offside which is that close to be fair, even watching in HD I had to look closely to see it. Basically about the length of a hand offside.

True, it will be amusing if fans turn it into an "offside goal" rant, instead of saying yeah, the mistake was shocking. No assistant is going to see an offside which is that close to be fair, even watching in HD I had to look closely to see it. Basically about the length of a hand offside.

Definately. If it went in our end I wouldn't have even noticed it tbf

what the **** is Suarez playing at? What a total ****. Its football not rugby

Offside was inches, impossible or the linesman to tell

Main fact is it was awful defending, we dont deserve anything at the minute

It looks half like a dive after a slight challenge from Heitinga, which ended up with him grappling him down. Think it was just a collision though, Suarez is troublesome but I can't see him pulling a blatant dive today, maybe. HT anyway. Good defending by Everton, only player I can see getting a goal would be either a belter from Gerrard or something from a set piece. Think will ask Gerrard to smack a few second haf, as Everton camp the penalty area well but leave space in front. Everton have lost of the early attacking link up they did well with mind you, need to try and grab a second as the Liverpool forward two looked to be well handled by the defence when Everton played higher.

Offside was inches, impossible or the linesman to tell

Main fact is it was awful defending, we dont deserve anything at the minute

Bellamy to come on then? He can cause no end of problems

Bellamy to come on then? He can cause no end of problems

Bellamy on for Carroll
Enrique on for Carragher

Put Suarez through the middle

When Carragher plays lately, its a mistake waiting to happen which 9/10 leads to a loss

Bellamy on for Carroll
Enrique on for Carragher

Put Suarez through the middle

When Carragher plays lately, its a mistake waiting to happen which 9/10 leads to a loss

Well, soon find out. Other fans can see it. If he doesn't make any changes and we score again there'll be **** on. They just look so disjointed-I was expecting a much more efficient performance tbh, and I definately expected Bellamy to start.

I'd say Bellamy on for Downing, Enrique for Carra. Carroll has been decent in the air with knock downs, and is physical. Let Henderon play in the middle and let Suarez cut in from the wing. Distin has already got a booking, and Suarez pressuring him would well for pool with his trickery. Also need to get the full backs involved, Johnson has a very good cross on him, need to get Spearing/Gerrard/Henderson knocking it about behind the front line.

EDIT: Can't see KK subbing Carra off though. A 'favour' from one club icon to another.

EDIT2: No changes for either teams.

How the **** did Carroll miss that?! He did it against Blackburn-Neville didn't even see him! jesus christ

You do wonder why DM doesn't put a man on the keeper for those corners and free kicks, he looks very uncertain in the little he has had to do.

Not so smug anymore. ;)

I'm just embarassed. First Carra, then Distin....schoolboys play better on the frickin playground. It's just unbelievable.

And tbf I did say there was a long way to go. And the way this season has gone results wise I never rest easy until the final whistle goes. Would appear no scoreline is a safeone anymore. Been ridiculously topsy turvy this season lol

Last edited:
****. It's Maxi on for Henderson. Just wonderful.

Back