The Everton Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4K
  • Views Views 346K
Not only that, if it was the case, I recon there would not just me United bidding for him. Do you recon you will be able to keep Fellaini in the summer? I would presume he is on United's radar as he is the type of player we need.

Tricky one. Depends on the managerial merry-go-round situation. If DM stays, Fellaini stays. IF he goes...I'm not sure. Would depend on who came in to take charge. Also depends on transfer activity

Not only that, if it was the case, I recon there would not just me United bidding for him. Do you recon you will be able to keep Fellaini in the summer? I would presume he is on United's radar as he is the type of player we need.

Depends on Fletcher doesn't it? If it looks likes Fletcher is as good as out for another season, think you need that sort of player. Due to Everton's finances, if they can sell him they probably would have to do it as long as the offer is decent. He's still a young player, too.

That said, not sure how Everton fans would react to others raiding their best players season-on-season. At a certain point DM is going to get unlucky, or get a better offer from a board who will open their chequebook for him.

Depends on Fletcher doesn't it? If it looks likes Fletcher is as good as out for another season, think you need that sort of player. Due to Everton's finances, if they can sell him they probably would have to do it as long as the offer is decent. He's still a young player, too.

That said, not sure how Everton fans would react to others raiding their best players season-on-season. At a certain point DM is going to get unlucky, or get a better offer from a board who will open their chequebook for him.

Pretty much why I expect him to have the meeting with the board during offseason, get told there's no money to buy players unless we sell, then DM walks. I'm still of the opinion he's wasted at Goodison so it may not be such a bad thing for him at all.

you mentioned your financial situation but how were you able to pay for Jelavic?

you mentioned your financial situation but how were you able to pay for Jelavic?

Christ knows tbh lol. But the sales of Saha etc helped toward it. Then the rest of the cash went to the bank

I'm just glad Jela didn't go to Liverpool when he was supposed to have gone a while back.

Just watched the highlights again, and the more I rewind and replay the match the more I enjoy the goals from both sides. Even Ferdinand did a great strike. But got to say-the post and Howard saved us today aswell. But thoroughly deserved 4-4 draw. Both sides making it enjoyable to watch

Been confirmed that Piennar wants to stay at Everton, but talks are being held off with Steven and Spurs until the Summer. Also depends wether or not we can afford the obvious fees. Wouldn't hold my breath tbh. If so, I can potentially a player swap+fee deal

Been confirmed that Piennar wants to stay at Everton, but talks are being held off with Steven and Spurs until the Summer. Also depends wether or not we can afford the obvious fees. Wouldn't hold my breath tbh. If so, I can potentially a player swap+fee deal

He shouldnt have gone in the first place.

He shouldnt have gone in the first place.

Well, we all make mistakes. And he's made up for it too. Think this is the one time that BK really does have to give some financial backing-we simply need a player like him to progress. He's shown what a difference he's made to our style of play, it's a lot more open, and a lot more expressive and creative

Problem is that if Piennar played like **** Everton arguably might be in a better position. Get him for cheap if he wanted to leave, whereas now he's playing well, gaining Everton points which will turn into extra money at the end of the season.. which in this case might go straight into Spurs bank if they buy him back again.

I think he had to go to cover fees didn't he?

Back