The Everton Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4K
  • Views Views 346K
Heartbroken. Absolutely heartbroken and devestated.

And I fear that will be our last Wembley appearance with DM in charge. Gutted for him more than anyone

Last edited:
I'm just trying to see the positives, yes we've thrown away a great chance at silverware but when you look at our squad and our form in the league I'm feeling good about next season - in the end Liverpool came out and wanted it more so we just need to move on learn from it. I just hope Moyes gives it one more year

Heartbroken. Absolutely heartbroken and devestated.

And I fear that will be our last Wembley appearance with DM in charge. Gutted for him more than anyone

Fergie is not moving, still. So he could make it to Wembley couple of times more, no problem.

Well, that's hardly a guarantee if you're Everton mate! Shame though, I'd love to see Everton go for it but you can't help think they needed to capitalise on the first half shambles more and stick a 2nd in the net. Distin's error aside, they definitely took their foot off the gas after the first goal.

Would appear Drenthe will not be kicking a football again soon at Goodison. Caught drinking last night and in a worse for wear state and safe to say DM laid down the law.

Distin on twitter
I cost my team mates, the staff, the club and a the fan a place in FA cup final. Nothing more to say but SORRY all of you.
feel so sorry for him :/

Distin on twitter

feel so sorry for him :/

I genuinely do. He's had a great partnership with Heitinga this season and basically it was a mistake. To be honest though, it was not his fault. It was a needless foul yes outside the area, but like I said on the Liverpool thread. Liverpool pretty much were better than us. The blame shouldn't rest soley on Distin. It happens on football. He's still a quality CB in my eyes

I agree with ajt. Distin is still a good player. Players make mistakes, thats life. I just hope he doesnt dwell on it and let it affect him too much.

I can sympathise with you guys but at least yours wasn't in the last minute of a cup final :'( :'( :'( (which is worse imo)

Can remember watching it live just in shock at what happened

[video=youtube;fdh2feqAeec]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fdh2feqAeec[/video]

I can sympathise with you guys but at least yours wasn't in the last minute of a cup final :'( :'( :'( (which is worse imo)

Can remember watching it live just in shock at what happened

[video=youtube;fdh2feqAeec]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fdh2feqAeec[/video]

You're obviously too young to remember the 85 cup final then when Whiteside did a banana shot lol. Was that upset had 3 days of school lol

Yep born 7 years later ;)

You're lucky. I actually sobbed my heart out. Man Utd were down to 10 men after Kevin Moran was sent off and Whiteside did that banana shot....it was an absolute sickener. Never felt so incredibly low. This time around though it could spell the end of a manager for us through personal choice.

Last edited:
Guess this should go in here aswell as the Liverpool thread..

https://twitter.com/#!/Everton/status/191292357210157057/photo/1

The time when football has no importance and everyone comes together. Personally, I still find it upsetting seeing any footage/hearing commentary when it happened. Still very haunting.

I know I criticise Dalglish management wise. But I simply couldn't imagine what he went through-along with everyone else. And what he's gone through...

Last edited:
Being reported that Man Utd are going to offer as little as £5.2 million for Baines. That had better be a belated April fool courtesy of Her Majestys gutter press, because there would be no goddam way we'd let him go for such a ridiculously, pathetically small amount. Laughable. Just laughable.

I highly doubt we have made a bid for Baines, but anyway, fair play to Everton for a very impressive display at Old Trafford, I thought Fellaini in particular was absolute class.

I highly doubt we have made a bid for Baines, but anyway, fair play to Everton for a very impressive display at Old Trafford, I thought Fellaini in particular was absolute class.

No bid yet but apparently it's being lined up, and due to our financial situation we may have to accept it. Don't believe it myself, but if it did transpire I would be absolutely furious

No bid yet but apparently it's being lined up, and due to our financial situation we may have to accept it. Don't believe it myself, but if it did transpire I would be absolutely furious

Not only that, if it was the case, I recon there would not just me United bidding for him. Do you recon you will be able to keep Fellaini in the summer? I would presume he is on United's radar as he is the type of player we need.

Back