The Everton Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4K
  • Views Views 346K
Jelavic has been some signing for you guys! :)

Your RvP ;)

Can you get into Europa this season?

Absolutely terrible game-and I mean woeful. Only highlight has been Distin bombing down the LW to whip in a cross. That missed everyone. Not a bad run from a CB

o yeah-1-0 up thanks to Crouch OG. still tiresome though

Poor game. Didn't really come to life until Stoke made their changes. 1-1 fair result in all honesty.

Tim Cahill is a target for Saudi club Al Nassr. I laughed when reading that. Also, interesting rumours that we may only have to pay Spurs £4 million for Pienaar. Though I doubt that will be the case of Modric leaves.

Also Moyes should find out just how little money he has to spend in the Summer. Which will be interesting when he has only 1 year left on his current deal

Tim Cahill is a target for Saudi club Al Nassr. I laughed when reading that. Also, interesting rumours that we may only have to pay Spurs £4 million for Pienaar. Though I doubt that will be the case of Modric leaves.

Also Moyes should find out just how little money he has to spend in the Summer. Which will be interesting when he has only 1 year left on his current deal

4 million for Pienaar would be excellent business. The type of 'quietly' brilliant player I've come to associate with Everton- Plucked from relative obscurity, barely ever talked about by pundits, but actually has tremendous quality (Osman, Fellaini, Pienaar etc)

Do you think Moyes will extend his contract at the end of the year ajt? I have a strong feeling he will decide he can't take the club any further and look to move on, but I'm not entirely sure of the situation at Everton atm in terms of overall finances etc.

4 million for Pienaar would be excellent business. The type of 'quietly' brilliant player I've come to associate with Everton- Plucked from relative obscurity, barely ever talked about by pundits, but actually has tremendous quality (Osman, Fellaini, Pienaar etc)

Do you think Moyes will extend his contract at the end of the year ajt? I have a strong feeling he will decide he can't take the club any further and look to move on, but I'm not entirely sure of the situation at Everton atm in terms of overall finances etc.

I think the meeting with BK will decide things. Pienaar wants to return to Goodison, and he is absolutely vital if we want to challenge for Europe. When he returned, the way him and Baines linked up like in the good old days-it was like he hadn't even been away. However, I suspect Levy will outprice him-depending on what happens with Bale and Modric. And Sunderland are monitoring the situation too along with other clubs. So tbh that all depends on that sort of scenario-Chelsea winning the CL has raised an awful lot of questions. However, we made a mistake by not including a buy-back clause, which would have made things a lot, lot easier for us financially. Hindsight eh?

And already, DM has said we're in a position to have to trade players to buy. Already 6 players have been released (McFadden being one of them). Already talk of Coleman going on loan to Blackpool(!) which I hope isn't true. IF DM can get money to buy Pienaar and a couple of other players (which we need to challenge for Europe)-I think he'll stay. We're pretty much only a couple of players away from qualifying. If not-this will be his last season in charge. That's the way I see it. But I'm not at all hopeful.

Saying that, Pienaar did congratulate Chelsea in congratulating Chelsea in their CL win....................

Last edited:
I think the meeting with BK will decide things. Pienaar wants to return to Goodison, and he is absolutely vital if we want to challenge for Europe. When he returned, the way him and Baines linked up like in the good old days-it was like he hadn't even been away. However, I suspect Levy will outprice him-depending on what happens with Bale and Modric. And Sunderland are monitoring the situation too along with other clubs. So tbh that all depends on that sort of scenario-Chelsea winning the CL has raised an awful lot of questions. However, we made a mistake by not including a buy-back clause, which would have made things a lot, lot easier for us financially. Hindsight eh?

And already, DM has said we're in a position to have to trade players to buy. Already 6 players have been released (McFadden being one of them). Already talk of Coleman going on loan to Blackpool(!) which I hope isn't true. IF DM can get money to buy Pienaar and a couple of other players (which we need to challenge for Europe)-I think he'll stay. We're pretty much only a couple of players away from qualifying. If not-this will be his last season in charge. That's the way I see it. But I'm not at all hopeful.

Saying that, Pienaar did congratulate Chelsea in congratulating Chelsea in their CL win....................

Not qualifying for champions league was a massive blow to Spurs on so many levels. They face a real fight to keep hold of some of their better players now and will also struggle to attract top players to replace/ build, so they might have to keep Pienaar. I don't think he would be nearly as effective for them though. He doesn't suit their style of play and, as you mentioned, his partnership with Baines can be devastating.

If Moyes does go it will be interesting to see to which club he leaves for and how much backing he receives financially. He's never really had mega bucks to spend and I'd love to see how he does with a different kind of pressure. I'd love Everton to be taken over by a mega rich fan lol. It's a cracking club which as you say isn't far off the top 7, just lacking a bit of depth. Always used to enjoy our games against you as well. Except for the season we went down when McFadden scored a last minute wonder goal XD

Not qualifying for champions league was a massive blow to Spurs on so many levels. They face a real fight to keep hold of some of their better players now and will also struggle to attract top players to replace/ build, so they might have to keep Pienaar. I don't think he would be nearly as effective for them though. He doesn't suit their style of play and, as you mentioned, his partnership with Baines can be devastating.

If Moyes does go it will be interesting to see to which club he leaves for and how much backing he receives financially. He's never really had mega bucks to spend and I'd love to see how he does with a different kind of pressure. I'd love Everton to be taken over by a mega rich fan lol. It's a cracking club which as you say isn't far off the top 7, just lacking a bit of depth. Always used to enjoy our games against you as well. Except for the season we went down when McFadden scored a last minute wonder goal XD

Aye McFadders has a habit of doing that at times lol.

When DM does leave for another club, I wonder if he'll have a break first-****** well needs one lol. The amount of stress he's been through has taken a major toll. Probably go somewhere that already has a settled squad with very good/excellent players, where he won't need to spend loads and will be able to concentrate on developing the players-so I'm guessing it could be a club where there's a mix of senior players, with a nice blend of youngsters-and immediately I think Utd. I think it's becoming apparent, especially with very respected ex-Utd players etc saying Utd should go for him-and of course SAF. People say Chelsea but I suspect they'll go with Roberto. At least I ****** hope so-he deserves it for gods sake.

I'm also slightly reassured when players like Baines say they want to stay at Everton long term, regardless if DM leaves or not. Though the longer there's no news on this situation the more unsettled I will get. It needs to get sorted asap. All very well BK saying he's not scared if DM leaves-I am, and he should be too. Though you never know. I might win the Euromillions and I'll be the hero of Goodison as I plough millions into the club lol. I'd be "Oi! Bill! Here's the money for Pienaar matey! Now sort it!" lol.

The next few days/couple of weeks will be very interesting indeed.

And on an amusing sidenote-after the last match of the season, Howard and others handcuffed Pienaar to the showers to make sure he didn't leave lol

here the script. DM will sell us Fellaini and Bains for 20m, then next year he'll take United over.

here the script. DM will sell us Fellaini and Bains for 20m, then next year he'll take United over.

Thankfully Leighton ain't going anywhere lol. Fell-bit more uncertain tbh. Though once we started our very strong finish he seemed to be a lot more settled and was enjoying his football a lot more. If Bainesy did go to Utd, it would definately blunt our threat on the left hand side. Thankfully-nothing to worry about there.

Though I would be interested in the managerial odds the way they are right now admittedly............

Do United really need Baines? Of all the clubs he could realistically leave Everton for, they all have a good LB anyway. (Evra, Cole, Clichy, Assou-Ekotto) I suppose he would be a good signing for Arsenal but he would cost a lot more than Wenger would want to pay.

Fellaini on the other hand could potentially fit in at a number of clubs and it seems Everton could face a fight to keep him. It's looking increasingly likely that Fletcher simply isn't an option for United any more, and MF seems a fairly natural, if rather expensive, replacement.

Trust me, we are negotiating with Bains right now. Price 8m.
But really, I expect Bains or Alba in United. Would like Bains better. Also, i'm positive we'll try to sign Fellaini. Godlike player.

But really, I expect Bains or Alba in United. Would like Bains better. Also, i'm positive we'll try to sign Fellaini. Godlike player.

Seems a strange move to me. Average season though Evra's had he will remain first choice LB. Baines is too good to sit around being backup, and surely he will demand too much money for a backup left back, especially when United have Fabio and a couple of other youngsters anyway.

EDIT: Just seen your comment about the 8 million price tag. If true that's a snip. Still don't see where he fits in though.

Just been reading up on that. If it is £8 million, then I'd have to say two things on that.

1) Our financial situation must be truly dire to accept that sort of bid.
2) It would be an absolute steal and the best bargain buy for an absolute age for Utd.

Yes we do! Evra is 31, and still great. Few years back best fullback by mile. But he had two average seasons, and its time to look for replacment. The mentioned two fits perfectly.
On Fellaini - 15m top. Still a lot cheaper than Martinez or Mvilla. I rate them all with 4 stars.

Seems a strange move to me. Average season though Evra's had he will remain first choice LB. Baines is too good to sit around being backup, and surely he will demand too much money for a backup left back, especially when United have Fabio and a couple of other youngsters anyway.

EDIT: Just seen your comment about the 8 million price tag. If true that's a snip. Still don't see where he fits in though.

Good thing about him is he can play either LB or LM-he is quite adept and can adapt extremely easy to either position. Bayern after him too.

We need a backup not replacement for Evra. Fabio is going out on loan and is the potential replacement long term, can't cope with Evra playing every single game at 31.

Thing is just been reading into this even more, and the info doing the rounds on the Bayern forums is the fee is more likely to be £15 million-which would be more realistic as he still has 3 years left on his contract.

I severely doubt £8m for Baines and £15m for Fellaini. More around £15m and £20m respectively.

Back