The Everton Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4K
  • Views Views 346K
Not to Everton. They are not going to be able to replace him with a player of similar quality.

Oh course, I understand that, but that doesn't effect his market value. You can understand why clubs are put off by the asking price. The only problem is, if Moyes doesn't sell, he probably won't be buying much either..

Oh course, I understand that, but that doesn't effect his market value. You can understand why clubs are put off by the asking price. The only problem is, if Moyes doesn't sell, he probably won't be buying much either..

Tbh though we already have a very solid first team so probably don't need more players in-except if we can get a couple of loanees. Bought in Naismith, looks like we've captured Pienaar....I think we're more than capable now of making a push for a Europa spot, as long as we don't have one of those epically slow starts. And avoid injuries.

Tbh though we already have a very solid first team so probably don't need more players in-except if we can get a couple of loanees. Bought in Naismith, looks like we've captured Pienaar....I think we're more than capable now of making a push for a Europa spot, as long as we don't have one of those epically slow starts. And avoid injuries.

Agreed. Jelavic should continue his good form especially with the arrival of Naismith. Fellaini has had a great season and should only push on. Pienaar returning would definitely plug a big hole. Coleman went missing last season but I think he can do better.

Main questions are... Can Rodwell finally break out next season and reward Moyes faith? What's the contingency plan if Baines leaves?

Also how much of an impact can Barkely have next season? Think we will see much more of him

Agreed. Jelavic should continue his good form especially with the arrival of Naismith. Fellaini has had a great season and should only push on. Pienaar returning would definitely plug a big hole. Coleman went missing last season but I think he can do better.

Main questions are... Can Rodwell finally break out next season and reward Moyes faith? What's the contingency plan if Baines leaves?

Also how much of an impact can Barkely have next season? Think we will see much more of him

Agree with that. Pretty much a make or break season for Rodwell. He's had a nice break during summer, so hopefully that'll boost his fitness. He's had his progress interrupted constantly by niggly injuries. As it stands he's a very good player who is yet to realise his full potential, but I suspect that potential may be damaged by fitness.

Which leads me to Barkley. If Rodwell goes missing, this will be the opportunity for Barkley to shine even more. He slightly faded last time, but that was due to playing more games than he was supposed to. But I think already he's ready to make a step up to the plate this time around. He's ready for more first team games.

Contingency plans...well Moyes has been scouting round just in case. And as we know he's more than able to get in excellent replacements. But to be honest after what I've been hearing, I suspect we won't need one this window. Next window....remains to be seen. But I expect a very strong season from us this year round. It's been a while since Everton fans can feel so confident. I expect a top 5-6 finish. Well not expect as there are other strong teams, but predict. As least season proved anything can happen.

Agree with that. Pretty much a make or break season for Rodwell. He's had a nice break during summer, so hopefully that'll boost his fitness. He's had his progress interrupted constantly by niggly injuries. As it stands he's a very good player who is yet to realise his full potential, but I suspect that potential may be damaged by fitness.

Which leads me to Barkley. If Rodwell goes missing, this will be the opportunity for Barkley to shine even more. He slightly faded last time, but that was due to playing more games than he was supposed to. But I think already he's ready to make a step up to the plate this time around. He's ready for more first team games.

Contingency plans...well Moyes has been scouting round just in case. And as we know he's more than able to get in excellent replacements. But to be honest after what I've been hearing, I suspect we won't need one this window. Next window....remains to be seen. But I expect a very strong season from us this year round. It's been a while since Everton fans can feel so confident. I expect a top 5-6 finish. Well not expect as there are other strong teams, but predict. As least season proved anything can happen.

Problem with Rodwell is like Anderson. When you think he finally got over his injury problems he will get injured again. Shame really.

Also re Baines if he doesn't move this season then I dont think he will move next season either. This is the perfect opportunity to make a move as next season he will be 29, so big clubs won't be making a move. Also I believe age is the biggest reason why many clubs are not making a move.

Hopefully he will stay at Everton as he has superb understanding with Pienaar and they both combine really well.

Last edited:
Problem with Rodwell is like Anderson. When you think he is finally got over his injury problems he will get injured again. Shame really.

Also re Baines if he doesn't move this season then I dont think he will move next season either. This is the perfect opportunity to make a move as next season he will be 29, so big clubs won't be making a move. Also I believe age is the biggest reason why many clubs are not making a move.

Hopefully he will stay at Everton as he has superb understanding with Pienaar and they both combine really well.

Shame too he isn't younger. When Cole steps down, he would've been a regular startling LB for England. But like you mentioned, age isn't on his side.

According to Sky Sports we're leading the chase for Matt Phillips, from Blackpool. Would be a very good addition IMO.

Shame too he isn't younger. When Cole steps down, he would've been a regular startling LB for England. But like you mentioned, age isn't on his side.

Agree with you here. Even though I believe he is better than Cole atm.. Their is not much chance for him to take over Cole's LB spot which is a shame

Really eager to see Barkley next season. Most Toffee's tell me DM will be giving him more chances and he is highly-touted.

What do you think about Cahill ajt? Its obvious with the purchase of Jelavic and Naismith that he will be mostly relegated to a super-sub role next season. Do you think its worth cashing in on him?

Agree with you here. Even though I believe he is better than Cole atm.. Their is not much chance for him to take over Cole's LB spot which is a shame

Really eager to see Barkley next season. Most Toffee's tell me DM will be giving him more chances and he is highly-touted.

What do you think about Cahill ajt? Its obvious with the purchase of Jelavic and Naismith that he will be mostly relegated to a super-sub role next season. Do you think its worth cashing in on him?

I'm not sure tbh-admittedly a case of heart ruling head lol. He's been a fantastic servant for the club since day one. His season last wasn't the best has to be said. I'd rather he stayed-even if in rotational sense. Though like you mentioned, he may become the super-sub player. Still think he's got something to give to the club, though being at 32 it's natural to begin the painful process of decline. I have a feeling DM will keep Cahill-unless Tim wants to leave and finish his career at a club that will give him constant first team appearances. If he did decide to go elsewhere I'd be gutted-put in some absolute stellar performances for us, and run himself into the ground many a time for the cause.

Looking forward to seeing Barkley more aswell. DM will probably still be careful with him, but it's obvious he is full of potential-a la Gerrard. And he has a very powerful shooting foot as well, so he'll probably be a great AM, either in the centre or on the right as he is very good at cutting inside and bombing forward. I wonder how many games Osman will get though, as last season he had some great games aswell. It would appear for the first time in a while DM will have selection headaches. Which is a great thing to have.

Seen a few rumours Everton are looking into offering Michael Owen a contract. Would be pretty funny seeing him annoy Liverpool fans after first joining Manchester Utd and then Everton XD

If he did go to Everton, he'd probably be nothing more than a squad player, now we have Naismith to Partner Jelavic

Yobo transfer to Fenerbache is on verge of collapse, following disagreements between two clubs over the valuation. Everton want £2.8 million but Fener will only pay £2 million

Owen's long since burned his bridges with Liverpool, if he did join Everton no one will really be bothered about him - basically how his career's been for about 7 years anyway.

Steven Pienaar has been given the green light to return to Goodison, after AVB told him he won't stand in his way of his dream return to Goodison. All that's left is fee's (rumoured to be around £5 million) and terms. Thanks AVB :)

Steven Pienaar has been given the green light to return to Goodison, after AVB told him he won't stand in his way of his dream return to Goodison. All that's left is fee's (rumoured to be around £5 million) and terms. Thanks AVB :)

I thought his dream was to move away from Goodison? ;)

Back