The Everton Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4K
  • Views Views 346K
Rivals eye Pienaar raid | QPR News, Fixtures, Results, Transfers | Sky Sports

According to SSN talks between Everton and Spurs for Pienaar have broken down. We couldn't reach an agreement.

Not only is this a blow to us on the pitch, but mentally it's going to harm the team. All summer the players have spoken about how they would love for Pienaar to return, to find out he is not is going to hurt.. just as much as it's hurting us fans! At all costs he must be signed, completely changed our season.

On the Cahill front, it is probably the right time for him to move on. Struggled a bit last season and at 32, he's been a loyal servant so we can't hold anything against him. Modern day legend, will always be my favourite Blue.

Tim Cahill has completed his move to the New York Red Bulls as Everton chairman Bill Kenwright revealed the Australian had no desire to join one of the Club's Premier League rivals. The 32-year-old has passed a medical and agreed terms with the US outfit after the Blues came to an agreement with the MLS earlier this week.

Cahill made 278 appearances for the Toffees, scoring 68 goals and has now signed a three-and-a-half year deal with the Red Bulls. In New York he will link up with former Arsenal striker Thierry Henry. Mr Kenwright said Cahill's departure was an emotional end to an eight-year spell during which he emerged as one of the Premier League's best players.

"We accepted this offer for Tim with a heavy heart but it is a great way for him to end his Everton career," he told evertonfc.com "The transfer salutes Tim's unswerving commitment to our cause over the last eight years and also respects his desire never to play against Everton. “On a personal level, I will miss the first ever player that David and I went to see together, and the wide-eyed bundle of energy that walked into my office a short time later and told me that Everton was his destiny. It was. And he now embarks on a new stage of his career with our heartfelt thanks, and of course our real best wishes for his future. I can guarantee New York Red Bulls will have many, many admirers cheering them on from across the Ocean. All wearing the Blue of Everton. Thank you Tim.”

Cahill, who joined the Blues in summer 2004 from Millwall for £1.5 million, officially put pen to paper on Thursday in the United States and was quick to pay tribute to the Goodison Park faithful.

He said: "I am very happy to start a new chapter of my career with the New York Red Bulls but I also want to thank everyone at Everton, from the club to the tremendous supporters. It has been a privilege to be an Everton player for the past eight years and it was a very difficult decision to leave."

Been a privelage to have you aswell. You've been just a tremondous player for us. At least you'll be in the company of another great. So long Tim :(

[video=youtube;IHffsMNAekk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHffsMNAekk[/video]

The organizers behind Indonesia's inaugural Java Cup revealed they will sue English football club Everton and Turkey's Galatasaray after the teams withdrew from the tournament, according to the AFP. Tournament lawyer Patrick Mbyaya said,

"(The) consequences of the cancellation for Everton is (they) pay back all the damages." Mbyaya added, "We will also contact the England Football Association to give disciplinary (sanctions) to Everton. If they refuse to pay back, we'll take this to the Court of Arbitration for Sports (in Switzerland)." Organizers "showed to reporters a letter dated July 25" from EPL Chair David Richards as the "first official notification" that the club would not play in the tournament. The letter read:

"Both Everton and the Barclays Premier League deeply regret that their involvement in the competition in Jakarta will not be possible

Well if they sue and expect any cash....good luck in that department. But what a pre-season cockup

Steven Pienaar is now officially an Everton player once more. Look forward to another Baines/Pienaar partnership.

Am I happy? You bet your goddam *** I am

Steven Pienaar is now officially an Everton player once more. Look forward to another Baines/Pienaar partnership.

Am I happy? You bet your goddam *** I am

Thank god for that. I was just about to start a new file with my Premier League update when I noticed this post. Means I can chuck Pienaar over to Everton, just in time.

Good to see him back where he belongs, back in front of Leighton Baines.

Thank god for that. I was just about to start a new file with my Premier League update when I noticed this post. Means I can chuck Pienaar over to Everton, just in time.

Good to see him back where he belongs, back in front of Leighton Baines.

Definately-really look forward to seeing them in action again. And I have to give a little bit of credit to the board standing firm over Baines. We may have lost Cahill, but we badly needed someone like Steven in there. We look very solid has to be said. This should actually be a very good season for us. And we're expecting more players to bolster the ranks. Looking very rosey

Definately-really look forward to seeing them in action again. And I have to give a little bit of credit to the board standing firm over Baines. We may have lost Cahill, but we badly needed someone like Steven in there. We look very solid has to be said. This should actually be a very good season for us. And we're expecting more players to bolster the ranks. Looking very rosey

You and us at Villa both! Looking forward greatly to the new Prem season.

You and us at Villa both! Looking forward greatly to the new Prem season.

I really can't wait now. Players are fully fit, Gibbo is definately rearing to get some long shots in the goal....I can see this season resulting more imporantly, resulting in Moyes signing a new deal. And the Jelavic and Naismith partnership should be enjoyable to watch. Little over 2.5 weeks to go.....bring it on

It was just a real shame he was languishing all the time at Spurs. Transfer that should never have happened imo

I really can't wait now. Players are fully fit, Gibbo is definately rearing to get some long shots in the goal....I can see this season resulting more imporantly, resulting in Moyes signing a new deal. And the Jelavic and Naismith partnership should be enjoyable to watch. Little over 2.5 weeks to go.....bring it on

Moyesy has done exceptionally well, even by his standards, to keep the team together this year. Everton will be challenging on more than one front, I feel.

It was just a real shame he was languishing all the time at Spurs. Transfer that should never have happened imo

Mmm. These transfers happen, occasionally, but it is a shame he was so wasted at Spurs.

So far this transfer window has been quite good. That said, last season's was looking good till the very last day, too...

Anyways, only regrets I have about this window is missing out on Hoilett, he ended up in a pretty ****** team and could've been available for only a few pounds, I just don't see why no decent teams tried to get him. Also - apparently we're still in the market for a few other players, only Allah knows where the **** the money is coming from all of a sudden.

Moyesy has done exceptionally well, even by his standards, to keep the team together this year. Everton will be challenging on more than one front, I feel.

Mmm. These transfers happen, occasionally, but it is a shame he was so wasted at Spurs.

Well, with the bigger clubs seemingly more focused on Europe or the FA Cup, we maybe, just maybe get some silverware in the form of the League Cup. I really do think we can make Europe this time round, I will be very surprised if we don't make a solid push for it, and Barkley is going to be getting more playing time this season too. If we could have got Donovan, that would have just been.....the final piece of the jigsaw basically. Never know though-could make a surprise reappearance like last time, and Cahill is open to a loan move aswell.

I'm actually starting to enjoy this window for the first time in a while lol

So far this transfer window has been quite good. That said, last season's was looking good till the very last day, too...

Anyways, only regrets I have about this window is missing out on Hoilett, he ended up in a pretty ****** team and could've been available for only a few pounds, I just don't see why no decent teams tried to get him. Also - apparently we're still in the market for a few other players, only Allah knows where the **** the money is coming from all of a sudden.

Think the Yobo saga is finally making it's conclusion which is very beneficial, and letting Drenthe go aswell was handy, and Cahill too.

Think the Yobo saga is finally making it's conclusion which is very beneficial, and letting Drenthe go aswell was handy, and Cahill too.

Yeah, Yobo was sold for a couple million and Cahill got as another one, but still, it's 4.5 for Pienaar and it seems like we're still trying to get a couple of players in... dunno, I'm pretty excited TBH. We're never too active in the transfer market, for the oh-so-obvious reasons.

Yeah, Yobo was sold for a couple million and Cahill got as another one, but still, it's 4.5 for Pienaar and it seems like we're still trying to get a couple of players in... dunno, I'm pretty excited TBH. We're never too active in the transfer market, for the oh-so-obvious reasons.

I know. Every season I prepare myself for feelings of dread and despair (like Arteta for example), but this one is pretty dam funky indeed. And with players like Barkley and Duffy pushing through, it's definately a season filled with optomism. I can see a table in ths order come the end of it (yup, I'm that confident):

1) Man City
2) Man Utd
3) Chelsea
4) Arsenal
5) Everton

It's definately a very real possiblity imo

I know. Every season I prepare myself for feelings of dread and despair (like Arteta for example), but this one is pretty dam funky indeed. And with players like Barkley and Duffy pushing through, it's definately a season filled with optomism. I can see a table in ths order come the end of it (yup, I'm that confident):

1) Man City
2) Man Utd
3) Chelsea
4) Arsenal
5) Everton

That's pushing it IMO - Spurs are stronger than us ATM and both Liverpool and Newcastle will be tough competition. We don't have any games in midweek though so maybe we'll get lucky and nick it, who knows...

1) Man City
2) Man Utd
3) Chelsea
4) Arsenal
5) Everton

Depends if you have the same form you always seem have at the end of the season- throughout. And get a good start.

Would be a hard pill to swallow for Liverpool, if you come above them again.

That's pushing it IMO - Spurs are stronger than us ATM and both Liverpool and Newcastle will be tough competition. We don't have any games in midweek though so maybe we'll get lucky and nick it, who knows...

Maybe-but we're also the bogey teams of a lot of them. And the way we destroyed Newcastle last season fills me with optomism too. But it will be extremely close though. And now we have a regular goalscorer, and the addition of Naismith, I'm pretty much very confident. If we did miss out, but played very well and with consistency fair enough, I won't be too disheartened. only our very well-know slow start will make me pessimistic now. There's pretty much no reason for it now

Depends if you have the same form you always seem have at the end of the season- throughout. And get a good start.

Would be a hard pill to swallow for Liverpool, if you come above them again.

Indeed it would. I''d have an absolute field day lol. When it comes to both of them on the pitch, it's pretty much very finely balanced and hart to predict who would win. Which is why i love the Mersey derbies.....when we win

Pienaar purchased for close to 3 million pound, and sold for 4.5 million pound after barely featuring for us.

Well played Levy. Bye Steven.

Back