The Everton Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4K
  • Views Views 346K
Pretty rich coming from him, given the pragmatism of the season before last.

Pretty rich coming from him, given the pragmatism of the season before last.

Pretty much soured my opinion of him further. He could've kept quiet, given a bit of credit for letting the transfer happen so quick, but no. He had to be a ****. I look forward to EFC wrecking City's season

Rodwell has signed up to be a bit-part player, shame really..........

Pretty much soured my opinion of him further. He could've kept quiet, given a bit of credit for letting the transfer happen so quick, but no. He had to be a ****. I look forward to EFC wrecking City's season

And you won him the title.. Feel a bit dirty? :)

Thing is, I'm reading condracting reports of the fee. Some places say its actially £12 million going up to £15, some say £15 million going up to £18 million.

Either way, we have to bring players in NOW. Heitinga could jump ship any time as he's still undecided wether or not he wants to stay, Fellaini is still a target for big clubs, and of course Leighton is drawing attention. If we don't get players in to show we're ambitious and want to be more than a top 7-8 club, we can say goodbye to them. On the other hand, if we see very little of the money to bring players in-rest assured, the board are going to be in for a distinctly unpleasant ride.

Last edited:
Thing is, I'm reading condracting reports of the fee. Some places say its actially £12 million going up to £15, some say £15 million going up to £18 million.

Either way, we have to bring players in NOW. Heitinga could jump ship any time as he's still undecided wether or not he wants to stay, Fellaini is still a target for big clubs, and of course Leighton is drawing attention. If we don't get players in to show we're ambitious and want to be more than a top 7-8 club, we can say goodbye to them. On the other hand, if we see very little of the money to bring players in-rest assured, the board are going to be in for a distinctly unpleasant ride.

Could be more than unpleasant. Could see Moyes walk.

Could be more than unpleasant. Could see Moyes walk.

Already seeing reports he's only getting "some" of the money to spend....which can probably mean one thing. Either only half, or maybe less. We simply cannot afford to lose any more players, or simply cannot afford to not use all the money to get more in. We did have a nice healthy looking squad, now it's thread bare again. Deja Vu is running rife at the moment

Any chance that Moyes will take McEachran on loan now that Rodwell has gone? Chelsea would be foolish not to attempt such a loan. Moyes will make McEachran a star

Any chance that Moyes will take McEachran on loan now that Rodwell has gone? Chelsea would be foolish not to attempt such a loan. Moyes will make McEachran a star

I'd love it he did that. He' a very talented youngster and would flourish at Goodison while he's there. Just have to wait and see. Sooner the better though-only got 5 day until kickoff

I'd love it he did that. He' a very talented youngster and would flourish at Goodison while he's there. Just have to wait and see. Sooner the better though-only got 5 day until kickoff

McEachran came out and said today he hopes to finalize a loan move to a club soon for 6 months and he said that there were EPL clubs interested. Everton were one of the names mentioned. Fingers crossed that he goes to Goodison Park. Not only should he get enough games there as Everton do not have a large squad but he will be under a top manager in Moyes and will be playing alongside quality players like Fellaini/Baines/Pienaar who will help him flourish

Go on Moyes, take him!

McEachran came out and said today he hopes to finalize a loan move to a club soon for 6 months and he said that there were EPL clubs interested. Everton were one of the names mentioned. Fingers crossed that he goes to Goodison Park. Not only should he get enough games there as Everton do not have a large squad but he will be under a top manager in Moyes and will be playing alongside quality players like Fellaini/Baines/Pienaar who will help him flourish

Go on Moyes, take him!

Really? Missed that one. We'd definately be a good fit for him. Like you said we do indeed have a small squad, and we definately have the experience with internationals in there too. I'm going to send some mental waves to Moyes to make him make a bid lol. Definately worth a punt

Really? Missed that one. We'd definately be a good fit for him. Like you said we do indeed have a small squad, and we definately have the experience with internationals in there too. I'm going to send some mental waves to Moyes to make him make a bid lol. Definately worth a punt

Seems like the type of player you lack as well so its not completely out of the question. McEachran is an intelligent deep passer, good passing range and excellent vision and awareness for his age. Also is versatile and can play a number of positions which Moyes will surely like. Don't really see anyone in your squad with those type of qualities tbh unless I am wrong about Barkley

What's happened to Sheamus Coleman? Looked really good a couple of seasons back, presume he was injured last year?

Also hope McEachran joins you lot, Moyes seems to be good with the youngsters.

What's happened to Sheamus Coleman? Looked really good a couple of seasons back, presume he was injured last year?

Also hope McEachran joins you lot, Moyes seems to be good with the youngsters.

Payed the price for a lot of games in a short space of time and picked up injuries unfortunately

And with regards to Mancini's comments re:Rodwell joining a team that "plays to win". Here's his record against us:

City against Everton: P 6 W 1 D 0 L 5.

'Nuff said

I now deeply regret having my nightly curry..........

Oh how refreshing it is to see players linked to Everton rather than out. In the past 24 hours Adam Johnson, Dempsey, Niang and Holtby amongst others have been linked inward.
If we did get the 15 million reported, ill assume the bank will eat 5 of that.

The papers seem **** sure that Adam Johnson is on his way on loan, what a stellar signing that would be! TO get him in on loan would be phenomenal. I also seen Holtby saying yet again that he wants to play in the Premier League, the lad is crying out for someone to sign him. With just 2 years left in his contract, if we could push a deal through for him id be over the moon.
How does a midfield of Pienaar, Fellaini, Holtby and Johnson sound? Dangerous!

However, keeping players is much more improtant! I can't see us selling Baines or Felli now. I imagine Moyes would walk if the club sold Rodwell, Cahill AND Baines/Fellaini in the same window.

More worryingly however is the fact Sky are reporting our odds to sign Heskey have been slashed to just 5/1. Please lord do not let this happen, this does absolutely nothing for the team, just adding deadwood.

Back