The Everton Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4K
  • Views Views 346K
I wouldn't mind us making a bit of a cheeky bid for Sahin, considering he's not wanted at Madrid. That said, there's not much of a chance of us getting him...

I'm an Everton fan... our transfer windows are made of hopes and dreams.

I hope you lot sign Niang, then we can sign him in a few years (6)

Everton might have Mirallas and Jelavic upfront with Niang off the bench, what a striking force to have! It's hard to imagine that this is a club that have no reliable strikers before the turn of the year....

Everton might have Mirallas and Jelavic upfront with Niang off the bench, what a striking force to have! It's hard to imagine that this is a club that have no reliable strikers before the turn of the year....

And Naismith. While it obviously sounds good on paper, we have to remember that Mirallas spent last year in the Greek League. Niang is only 17 I believe and there are question marks over whether Jelavic will continue his absurd run of good form into next season. We have seen with the likes of Demb Ba that it is not always the case

Still though I think Moyes will be very good for Mirallas and Niang

Pienaar on the left, Naismith on the right, Mirallas and Jelly up front... *drools*

Watched the stream of Belgium v Netherlands tonight. Mirallas had a very neat game indeed, played some nifty football and set up the goal for the Belgians. Quite impressed by him.

David Moyes sees the money received for Jack Rodwell as a welcome bonus with time left in the summer transfer window.
The Everton boss is hoping to re-invest much of the fee, thought to be in the region of £15million, that Manchester City paid for the midfielder. The Scot takes a pragmatic view over the England international's departure and is confident that as a result he can enhance his options.

"I had known about it for a while and I thought it was something that was right for Jack and right for Everton," said Moyes. "It was something which I felt at this moment in time was right. It gave Jack an opportunity to go to a really good club and take his chances there. It gives us a chance to do a little bit more business in the transfer market having raised the money. Hopefully I will try to add to the squad before the season starts."

Following a quiet summer so far, when only the returning Steven Pienaar and Steven Naismith have moved to Goodison Park Moyes will be happy if he can further add to his squad before the end of the month.

"Last year we had to sell, this year we didn't have to do it as we had already sold Tim Cahill and Joseph Yobo. It wasn't a necessity to do it this year but I felt it was the right thing and gave us a chance to have a look around to see what we could do. We are out there actively trying to bring in another couple of players at least."

(Skysports.com)

Hmph. So I'm assuming he doesn't know how much he has to spend as usual. Key phrases-hopes he can reinvest much of the fee, hopefully I will try to add to the squad before the season starts. Deja vu..........

Actually, I'd assume it's a very hefty amount, considering we've shown serious interest in Mirallas (whose release clause is around 6m) and Niang who we've taken on loan and whose asking price is, apparently, another 6. That's 12m, leaving us with (potentially) 3m from the Rodwell transfer and another 3 from the Yobo and Cahill deals.

Actually, I'd assume it's a very hefty amount, considering we've shown serious interest in Mirallas (whose release clause is around 6m) and Niang who we've taken on loan and whose asking price is, apparently, another 6. That's 12m, leaving us with (potentially) 3m from the Rodwell transfer and another 3 from the Yobo and Cahill deals.

Maybe....just wary. How many times has the gaffer been shafted financially in the past because of our problems?

Maybe....just wary. How many times has the gaffer been shafted financially in the past because of our problems?

True, but this time we sold those we wanted to sell instead of those we had to sell, so I'm hopeful this time things are going to be different.

Apparently Ross Barkley will be signing for us (Sheffield Wednesday) next week. Has anyone on here heard anything?

Apparently Ross Barkley will be signing for us (Sheffield Wednesday) next week. Has anyone on here heard anything?

Errr....first I knew about it. Been no mention of that whatsoever

Sky Sports sources understand Kevin Mirallas is to have a medical at Everton this weekend ahead of a £6million move from Olympiakos. Mirallas is also believed to have been the subject of interest from Arsenal but the Belgium international told Sky Sports News earlier in the week that he felt "the Toffees would be a better fit." And the 24-year-old looks set to compete the formalities of a deal taking him to Goodison Park over the weekend.

Finances at Everton are tight but David Moyes has some money to spend following the sale of Jack Rodwell to Manchester City. The forward has experience in Ligue 1 with Lille and St Etienne but has spent the past two years in Greece with Olympiakos, scoring 20 league goals for the club last season.

(Skysports.com)

Back