The Everton Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4K
  • Views Views 346K
Good signing IMO, he wasn't all that good back in France but he was (and still is) quite young back then and has improved during his stay in Greece, pretty happy with the deal.

Apparently waiting to see if Adam signs before letting him go. I honestly don't know whether to believe it because i thought he was on the fringes of your first team?

Everton transfer news: Ross Barkley is being loaned to Sheffield Wednesday - Mirror Online

Everton plan to loan out Ross Barkley | Mail Online

When it comes to transfer related stuff, I never ever believe anything in those papers tbh. Completely unreliable. But if it had of been true, I would've been staggered as he would've been getting more time with the departure of Rodwell.

Non-story.

Apparently waiting to see if Adam signs before letting him go. I honestly don't know whether to believe it because i thought he was on the fringes of your first team?

Everton transfer news: Ross Barkley is being loaned to Sheffield Wednesday - Mirror Online

Everton plan to loan out Ross Barkley | Mail Online

Sincerely hope that isn't true! WE're supposed to be nurturing the boy into a top class player, I want to see him getting some Prem League game time.

However on that note, I seen twitter filled with rumours that Vellios was going on loan to The Owls if we signed Mirallas. That seems to be happening and it's looking like an absolute bargain. Going to be right up there with deal of the window alongside Michu to Swansea.

Actually.. "Moyes: 'I'm thinking about getting him [Barkley] some Championship experience. I want him to go out and play. It seems right.'" just seen this on Everton's official twitter.

Surely it would make more sense to loan him to a Championship club where he will either be in their first team or if he isn't he will still get a good amount of game time. It's unlikely he will get much at Everton as there are quite a few ahead of him I think. At 18 all you want to do is play and if he goes and has a good season with lots of gametime, it'll serve Everton much better in the future.

When it comes to transfer related stuff, I never ever believe anything in those papers tbh. Completely unreliable. But if it had of been true, I would've been staggered as he would've been getting more time with the departure of Rodwell.

Non-story.

Official Everton ‏@Everton
David Moyes has admitted he is considering sending Ross Barkleyout on loan once the transfer window closes to give him games.#everton

Moyes: 'I'm thinking about getting him [Barkley] some Championshipexperience. I want him to go out and play. It seems right.'

Moyes: 'I remember David Beckham coming to play when I was at Preston. You've got to remember Ross is still a boy.' #everton

Maybe there could be some truth in it? As for the above, i believe he would be battling with Rhys McCabe for the CM spot, but i think Barkley would be a key player for us and would most likely get the nod ahead of McCabe.

Last edited:
Well, if DM said it makes it much more believable. Suppose he would get some games due to the schedule of the Championship including all the cup games too.

No disrespect but I think he can do better than Wednesday. If you do guarantee him first-team football though, I wouldn't mind him getting loaned for a month or three.

I'd have thought, well from what i've seen of him, that he can hold his own in the Premier League and maybe a loan to someone like Wigan would of been more suited for his development.

Apparently the loan to us will be until January and i really hope it goes through.

Daily Star: Simply The Best 7 Days A Week :: News :: Everton fans: ‘We will break Wayne Rooney’

What a ridiculous article from the Star there. Absolutely no need for it, players get taunted all the time and fans will always wave abuse. "One declared on Everton’s official forum: “For f***’s sake, why can’t we just nuke Manchester?”" - Really? So you are now making headlines out of one lad's joke?

I'd also like to see Barkley playing for us this season but if he is not going to be featured in Moyes' plans, then certainly loan him out. At 18 -coming 19 - however, you have got to start breaking through to the first team!

I'd have thought, well from what i've seen of him, that he can hold his own in the Premier League and maybe a loan to someone like Wigan would of been more suited for his development.

Apparently the loan to us will be until January and i really hope it goes through.

Guess I'll be cheering for you guys till then! :P

Mirallas, Pienaar, Baines, Jelavic, Naismith, Osman....even Fellaini....since when did we become such an attacking team?! lol. Looking forward to seeing Mirallas on the pitch. Can't wait for the match tomorrow either. Fully fit squad, attacking options everywhere....I sense a goalfest ending up being AT LEAST a draw.

With United signing Buttner (LB) I think it's obvious we won't be making any bid for Baines which is win-win situation for both clubs as he was too good to miss out for Everton and too over priced (for ManUtd) for a full back.

Hopefully Baines and Pienaar starts their season from match day 2 :P

With United signing Buttner (LB) I think it's obvious we won't be making any bid for Baines which is win-win situation for both clubs as he was too good to miss out for Everton and too over priced (for ManUtd) for a full back.

Hopefully Baines and Pienaar starts their season from match day 2 :P

Oh don't worry. All the players are champing at the bit. Got a good ref for the match too-got Marriner

Oh don't worry. All the players are champing at the bit. Got a good ref for the match too-got Marriner

Is Fellaini fit? Heard he might miss the game. Also one more player was doubtful, forgot his game.

Back