The Everton Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4K
  • Views Views 346K
Checked yesterday. Have a fully fit squad to choose from :)

Guardian said:
Subs from Mucha, Distin, Hibbert, Barkley, Gueye, Vellios, Anichebe, Duffy, McAleny, Coleman, Francisco

Doubtful Fellaini (groin), Gibson (thigh)

Physioroom mentioned Fellaini and Gibson will be back on 20th. So maybe fit to play :(

Physioroom mentioned Fellaini and Gibson will be back on 20th. So maybe fit to play :(

Yup. Shame eh? lol. From what I've heard no other problems to speak of so it's down to Moyes to sort out his selection headache lol. One of the local press papers (can't remember name of top of head) mentioned Fellaini will be starting so expect some problems-especially if DM continues using him as an attacking option. If we can shut out RVP and Rooney we have an excellent chance. Be very tough as they're obviously world class. Saying that, both sides are more than capable of getting a few goals tomorrow

Yup. Shame eh? lol. From what I've heard no other problems to speak of so it's down to Moyes to sort out his selection headache lol. One of the local press papers (can't remember name of top of head) mentioned Fellaini will be starting so expect some problems-especially if DM continues using him as an attacking option. If we can shut out RVP and Rooney we have an excellent chance. Be very tough as they're obviously world class. Saying that, both sides are more than capable of getting a few goals tomorrow

With our CB problems, Carrick will play as CB. Fellaini will have a field day against him. If Fellaini plays in midfield then he will be up against Anderson and Cleverley lol. Even combining both they can't win a header against Fellaini.

If we can shut out RVP and Rooney we have an excellent chance.

That's a bit like saying "If I won the lottery I'd be a millionaire!". Fingers crossed, though. Going to be a really tough game.

That's a bit like saying "If I won the lottery I'd be a millionaire!". Fingers crossed, though. Going to be a really tough game.

I don't think RVP will start. He has played only 15 mins in preseason, so maybe not match fit.

Haha bud, we'll make you a new one tomorrow, don't you worry :P

Naa.. Mainly with Arsenal fans..

Tbh though I'm happy this is first game of the season-nothing better than a proper footballing test. I would say City would be a real test but we find it easier to beat them than Utd

Well, here's The script. RVP will score within 15 minutes, then pick up injury and miss half season :(

Or we're 3-0 down by HT, then Jela gets 2, Fellaini scores in 89th minute then Baines scores winner in 93rd minute with freekick. Would just be an aboslutely epic game. Though not one for those of a nervous disposition. Oh wait.......better change that train of thought lol

Or we're 3-0 down by HT, then Jela gets 2, Fellaini scores in 89th minute then Baines scores winner in 93rd minute with freekick. Would just be an aboslutely epic game. Though not one for those of a nervous disposition. Oh wait.......better change that train of thought lol
Jelavic can only score by winning a header. But you forgot that Vidanator is back, so forget that script :P

It's fantastic that we now have competition for places, excellent news about Mirallas. I think the main thing for us tomorrow is where to play Felli. He had a cracker playing just behind Jelavic last time and caused United all sorts of problems. But with Naismith here now, we could see Felli sitting deeper.

I think the back four and keeper picks itself. Obviously Pienaar will start out left and Gibson centre. I have no doubts Moyes will stick Osman out the right, not his strongest position however. Depends then if he plays Neville alongside Gibson with Felli behind Jelavic or Naismith alongside him and Fellaini in the middle.

Advantage Everton if rumours about Ferdinand having a leg injury are true, especially with Phil Jones, Jonny Evans and Chris Smalling already out injured. Again, if true

Back