The Everton Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4K
  • Views Views 346K
Great performance. Everton deserved to win, and more than good value for the victory. Kudos.

Over the ******* moon with that win. And what can you say about Fellaini? He may look a bit cumbersome on tv, not very agile....but goddam he's still a great midfielder imo. Though happy as I am, I'm staying very level headed. It's still the first match of the season. But if we keep doing that week in week out, who knows what this season will bring.

Fantastic performance from Everton tonight not one player put a foot wrong especially Fellaini who I would happily see in a Chelsea shirt.

561856_10150988885086277_1680123065_n.jpg

:wub:

If we can up that level of performance against Villa, WBA, Swansea, Newcastle that'll set up us in good stead for position wise, with tougher opponents to come like Liverpool, Spurs, Chelsea and Arsenal. Obviously injuries would play a part, but still. The first quarter of the season is looking good after seeing that level of performance. Obviously it's 1 game. Lets see what happens after 10

If we can up that level of performance against Villa, WBA, Swansea, Newcastle that'll set up us in good stead for position wise, with tougher opponents to come like Liverpool, Spurs, Chelsea and Arsenal. Obviously injuries would play a part, but still. The first quarter of the season is looking good after seeing that level of performance. Obviously it's 1 game. Lets see what happens after 10

LOL? i know i know couldnt handle myself. Even first game of the season, that 3-0 loss to WBA must really rub salt in the wounds.

That little run of four is quite tough. Villa are looking to be a surprise package this season, and the 4-3-2-1ish formation Lambert's playing makes us that much harder to overrun in midfield than United, WBA just destroyed Liverpool, Swansea can beat anyone on their day and Newcastle are strong.

That said, you can beat all of them, and easily if you perform to your highest standards.

That little run of four is quite tough. Villa are looking to be a surprise package this season, and the 4-3-2-1ish formation Lambert's playing makes us that much harder to overrun in midfield than United, WBA just destroyed Liverpool, Swansea can beat anyone on their day and Newcastle are strong.

That said, you can beat all of them, and easily if you perform to your highest standards.

No disrespect to Villa, but I expect Newcastle to be the toughest challenge. I know last season is in the past, but they're loaded with quality as demonstrated by last seasons final position, and it's normally fixture I'm always very cautious about. Re: WBA, they indeed did some play very good stuff, but how much was down to Liverpools poor performance (not to take anything away from WBA btw-they are a good team)? Suarez has shown he has the ability to frustrate aswell as dazzle, though obviously he's not an out and out goalscorer-but should still have put away at least one of the chances he had. The Villa match I'm looking forward to. Not because we're going to gubb them-anything but as at times you really, REALLY **** us off by getting a winner at some point. but I do like Lamberts style of play and I hold him in high regard as a manager. Swansea admittedly I'm unsure as I didn't see their match, so I can't really comment on how good they are.

Having the CO cup match with Orient could be a pain-joys of midweek matches. As long as we stay clear of injuryies, suspensions, like you said, we could beat them all. But as we all know-it's all down to the performance on the day.

No disrespect to Villa, but I expect Newcastle to be the toughest challenge. I know last season is in the past, but they're loaded with quality as demonstrated by last seasons final position, and it's normally fixture I'm always very cautious about. Re: WBA, they indeed did some play very good stuff, but how much was down to Liverpools poor performance (not to take anything away from WBA btw-they are a good team)? Suarez has shown he has the ability to frustrate aswell as dazzle, though obviously he's not an out and out goalscorer-but should still have put away at least one of the chances he had. The Villa match I'm looking forward to. Not because we're going to gubb them-anything but as at times you really, REALLY **** us off by getting a winner at some point. but I do like Lamberts style of play and I hold him in high regard as a manager. Swansea admittedly I'm unsure as I didn't see their match, so I can't really comment on how good they are.

Having the CO cup match with Orient could be a pain-joys of midweek matches. As long as we stay clear of injuryies, suspensions, like you said, we could beat them all. But as we all know-it's all down to the performance on the day.

Makes perfect sense for you to consider Newcastle the toughest challenge, since they are. Villa are the weakest on paper, though it's hard to tell how we'll play next.

Unsure if WBA's excellence was down to 'Pool playing poorly or otherwise, but I think it was mostly them forcing 'Pool to play poorly. Our games are usually absorbing ones, so should be interesting, but if your performance against United was anything to go by you should fare well against Swansea.

Cup games are arguably your biggest danger, since your squad is so relatively thin. Hopefully you'll steer clear for once. You've actually started the season well this time, and you're due some luck, so I reckon you're my dark horse for the top 4.

Credit where credit's due: Everton fans sung Justice for the 96 in response to some Manchester United fans chanting Hillsborough hate songs in yesterday's game.

<3

Credit where credit's due: Everton fans sung Justice for the 96 in response to some Manchester United fans chanting Hillsborough hate songs in yesterday's game.

<3
We may not always get along but we're (sort of) 'family' after all. Plus, there should be no place in football for morons.

Everton Academy coach Kevin Sheedy is trying to remain positive after being diagnosed with bowel cancer.
The 52-year-old, who as a player featured heavily in the club's success of the mid-1980s, will undergo surgery later this week and is expected to be absent from Finch Farm for some time. Sheedy, a former Republic of Irenland international, made 369 appearances for Everton
spacer.gif
scoring 97 goals.

"It's not ideal but I have to remain positive," said Sheedy. "After a period of rehabilitation I will return to my coaching role at Everton." Sheedy was keen to highlight the importance of people being aware of getting an early diagnosis if they experienced any problems. "There is a history in the family," he told evertonfc.com. "It's so important that people don't ignore the early signs and symptoms and don't be afraid to consult a GP."

(Skysports)

What a horrible bolt of the blue. Get well soon Kev-legend

Yeah, just read about it in the official site. Sucks, really. Cancer's a *****, but fortunately things are a bit better than they were a decade ago.

Unbelievable! I was over at that game and the atmosphere was one of the best ive seen at Goodison. Before the match there was a real sense of optimism and then the parading of Mirallas helped get us in full voice.

Thought we thoroughly deserved the win but let's not dwell on it now. We've got to keep the performances up and more importantly keep the points tallying along. I'd love to be sitting pretty come Christmas, but let's not get too carried away just yet.

What in the name of Allah was Jags doing there?! Not that I'm complaining...

And it's Jelly's turn now.

If Everton can keep this kind of form up for the next 10 games, they have a real shot at 5th etc. Still early days, but its about time you started a season properly, havent done it since 04-05 IIRC

Back