The Everton Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4K
  • Views Views 346K
If Everton can keep this kind of form up for the next 10 games, they have a real shot at 5th etc. Still early days, but its about time you started a season properly, havent done it since 04-05 IIRC

Indeed it's a very good start, and if we keep it up we'll have a realistic chance of getting into Europe, but a lot depends on players like Fellaini or Baines staying fit as we don't have a replacement for either.

Excellent win. Maybe Howard could've done a tiny bit better against Villas goal but ball did swerve. Didn't expect to score 3 against Villa. Normally a lot tougher. The swift start we've been crying out for. Nice win for Kevin Sheedy too after the grim news during the week

4-0 up at half time, I'd like to see the bigger names rested for the second half just in case.

My goodness. Fantastic first half from Everton against Orient. 4-0 up and playing some beautiful football. The huge bonus that Mirallas has scored 2 of them and Coleman is having a great game at right-back. Perhaps he is now starting to nurture into that role.

We have Leeds Utd in Cap One cup. That's going to be an awkward match

Moyes went for Essien on loan. Bit of a soft spot for you boys so would have loved him at Everton to get his career going again, amazing player on his day.

Moyes went for Essien on loan. Bit of a soft spot for you boys so would have loved him at Everton to get his career going again, amazing player on his day.

I don't know where we'd put him (probably alongside Gibson while keeping Fellaini as an AMC) but in all honesty I'd absolutely love to have him on board. Was an awesome player, hasn't been the same after getting injured last season but if he can get a good run of games to get himself back on track it'd be great.

think it'll be a good match, reckon we can take ya ;)

Definately won't be an easy one that's for sure. You're gaffer will have the side well organised. Suspect it'll be a one goaler

Everton have agreed a fee with FC Copenhagen for Bryan Oviedo. On his way to Merseyside for medical-fee said to be £5 million, or close to that

I'm not too sure about this one. 22 year old playing in Denmark with less than 50 games for Kobenhavn for 5 million pounds sounds a bit too excessive. Read other sources (costa rican papers) that mentioned the fee being 1.5m which would make it a very good deal IMO, but I have no clue whatsoever about the credibility of those.

Would you all be happy if the window shut now? No more incomes, but also no departures? I would.

THink we should be happy with the business we've done this summer. Don't know too much about this Oviedo lad, so ill reserve judgement on him. However the signings of Mirallas and Naismith long with Pienaar look brilliant.

I would like to see us pull of one more signing, if available perhaps Micah Richards now that Maicon has signed for City. Richards would be phenomenal for us and would slot into RB easily. I know the twitter rumors of Holtby are pretty persistent but I doubt we'd have the money for him. The Essien one is a good'un though, left out of Chelsea squad, some are convinced Arsenal but we've also been linked. Just hope it wouldn't be a Fellaini replacement!

If we don't loose any players, ill be over the moon!

Well, with the possibility of Essien joining I don't mind waiting till transfer deadline if I'm completely honest... Holtby is one I'd love to have but it's also one that's just not going to happen.

More than satisfied tbh. Have a nicely balanced squad, though a couple more could be useful. But the fact we essentially kept our first team intact is a major bonus. Though to be honest, I'd rather the window was changed so it closed before the season kicked off.

Matthew Kennedy (highly rated winger and youngster) £200,000, Steven Pienaar £5.75 million, Kevin Mirallis £6.75 million, Steven Naismith free, Bryan Oviedo £5 million (or round abouts-undisclosed), Ben McLaughlin - undisclosed

A very constructive window for us. Still maybe a little bit lightweight in CM, but still can't complain. Nice job by DM and Bill. Very satisfied

Matthew Kennedy (highly rated winger and youngster) £200,000, Steven Pienaar £5.75 million, Kevin Mirallis £6.75 million, Steven Naismith free, Bryan Oviedo £5 million (or round abouts-undisclosed), Ben McLaughlin - undisclosed

A very constructive window for us. Still maybe a little bit lightweight in CM, but still can't complain. Nice job by DM and Bill. Very satisfied
Yea me too. Now hopefully DM wont leave Everton till SAF retires.

Back