The FIFA 11 Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Calum
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2K
  • Views Views 164K
Status
Not open for further replies.
I love it now, don't want to play it too much or I'll get bored of it.

Anyway, I'm getting XBL for my birthday, then I'll just destroy you on it.

Gamertags anyone? :)

fifa 11 is out now in italy lucky gets we have to wait a week for it

I can see a lot of people getting it early. I already know of one shop selling it Wednesday but I'm quite happy to wait untill release day, would be a bonus to get it before then but I don't mind at all.

I don't want to get it on the day, rather wait 2 days so then I have summat to do on my b'day.

Heres Some Stuff i got of Fifa 11 Forum

First is a Review of the Full Game Ea have made some changes from Demo

I am Anthony Williams, I work as a gametester and have been fortunate enough to get my hands on the latest build of Fifa 11. I'm suprised about some of the changes they've made to the full game from the demo.

Let's break the game down...

Passing: So I mentioned big changes... The big change is that they have sort of mixed Assisted and Semi-Assisted and named it Pro-Passing, so it's either Pro-Passing or Manual you can choose between now.
The passes are also less forgiving, and you can't just tap the pass button anymore if you want the ball to reach the player. You also need to aim a little with the analogue stick to hit the player (just like in manual, but you don't need to be as accurate).

Pressure: Many complained about this in the demo. The pressure from the AI is really realistic, they try to save their stamina now and don't chase you around for 90 min. I noticed, when having the ball in my defense zone, that the attackers were just walking, just half-heartedly trying to chase you. It was first when I got into the midfield that the pressure started, but still not like 3 people sprinting after you. Feels spot on now imo.

Dribbling: Some people was talking about how it was impossible to dribble through anything with normal jogging or skilled dribbling without using skill moves, this has also been tweaked. I was able to take advantage of messi's fast close control dribbling, unlike in the demo.

Shielding: Also been a subject sometimes here on the forums... The shielding is more useful now, defenders can't just tackle you easily while being shielded. It still does happen of course, but it's more... realistic now.

Conclusion: Fifa is fantastic this year, the perfect pace, the passing, the smart pressure, the dribbling and the shots..
If you are a fan of football, then do not even think of buying any other football game than Fifa this year, this is as close as you get to simulation.

-Anthony

Second is about Editor Mode

This is taken from the FBS Review

Edit Mode

To start with you’ll find all the options you’re used to being able to edit in Fifa games, boots, tape, gloves, shirts, socks amongst others. But with Fifa 11 EA are allowing us to edit player abilities in full. All attributes are available and there is no cap on the XP you can assign, editing the offline experience is entirely in our hands this year. So if the up and coming whiz kid in your local team has been underrated by EA you can do something about it on day one.

It’s a big step for EA to add this after years of requests from the community falling on deaf ears. It seems to me that EA are now taking the Fifa editing community very seriously indeed and hopefully this is just the start.

Good job listening EA, its nice to know you do
3b63d1616c5dfcf29f8a7a031aaa7cad.gif
this is a very good thing for the future of the Fifa editing community

So for Example if you think EA have underated Bale on game you can boost him up to 85

The Third and last thig is about Nets Options you now have more to choose from that wasen't on demo
http://img4.imageshack.us/i/img0279w.jpg/

now i just whant friday to hurry up and come

heres some youtube videos of players faces
Man utd, Liverpool, Spurs, Bayern Munchen

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_egrAl_JGsk&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube - FIFA 11 **Manchester Utd Player Faces**[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6r9Q0R0UB8&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube - FIFA 11 **Liverpool Player Faces**[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmsQJJtG8_g&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube - FIFA 11 **Tottenham Hotspur Player Faces**[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWGaZDSMq24&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.[/ame]

Last edited:
so close now, the way i read it on the ea forum, some people are dissapointed with this years game. after playing the demo for a few good hours i can say im not one of them. really looking forward to this one, role on Friday :)

Just a quick question for the Creation Centre - do you have to pre-order or buy from a specific shop or will it come with a code in the box from anywhere?

Just a quick question for the Creation Centre - do you have to pre-order or buy from a specific shop or will it come with a code in the box from anywhere?
i believe it is at GAME only

Wherever you buy the game you will get access to the Creation Centre I think.

Well I'll pre-order it from Game because I want to create things now :$ lol cheers all.

Does anyone know if Teams actually start out in Europe in this years game that are supposed to be like United in Champ League and Liverpool in Europa League because its stupid you have no Europe in your first season

Does anyone know if Teams actually start out in Europe in this years game that are supposed to be like United in Champ League and Liverpool in Europa League because its stupid you have no Europe in your first season

Agreed I get annoyed you have no europe in the first season lol, but no 2 i preordered fifa 11 at blockbusters last friday and have to pay them £2.70 on friday the 1st yeahhhh WE ARE FIFA 11!!

The creation center is accessible to everyone that buys the game regardless of the shop they purchase it from, Game is only different in the fact that they give you the code early :)

Oh cheers steve!

---------- Post added at 10:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:04 PM ----------

so will the code be on the back of the booklet?

I assume the code will be on the booklet mate, if not it will be on a seperate 'voucher'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back