The FIFA 11 Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Calum
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2K
  • Views Views 164K
Status
Not open for further replies.
There's already been a patch released for FIFA 11 so when you get your copy you'll be prompted to update. The patch addresses several issues that were not fixed in time for shipping, like Pressure, first touch, trapping, shielding.

Tweaks to pro passing also make it seem less noticeable and ping-pong passings is more applicable than the demo, but still not as bad as FIFA 10.

Also for those interested in the replay theater, it's a big, big let down. You can only save 5 goals to your hard drive and they save in video format and once you've saved the camera angle, you're stuck with it as it proccesses it like a video file ready to upload. It also saves in the same video quality as the goals you can upload.

That is poor from EA, very poor.

Just about to call and see if my copy is in yet, lets hope eh?

---------- Post added at 12:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:13 PM ----------

Raging, tomorrow afternoon :(

Just about to call and see if my copy is in yet, lets hope eh?

---------- Post added at 12:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:13 PM ----------

Raging, tomorrow afternoon :(

There's pirate versions of it already Kris, might just download it to say I got it before you. ;)

So unfair, Americans don't even play football so much, but still they have it released before us :( ;)

So unfair, Americans don't even play football so much, but still they have it released before us :( ;)

Agreed, the majority of them much prefer to watch their armoured men slap each other in between ad breaks, yet they get a football game earlier than the home of the game? For shame, EA.

Agreed, the majority of them much prefer to watch their armoured men slap each other in between ad breaks, yet they get a football game earlier than the home of the game? For shame, EA.

We got FIFA 10 weeks before US did, and just because the sport isn't as popular over there doesn't mean they can't have something a few days before other countries.

Oh, also, a big fat HA ******* HA to Kris. :)

We got FIFA 10 weeks before US did, and just because the sport isn't as popular over there doesn't mean they can't have something a few days before other countries.

No, I'm not saying they can't, I'm saying they shouldn't. Why should a place with a vastly smaller fanbase get preferential treatment?

i've never pre-ordered a fifa as of yet,
purely because tesco and the like usually have an offer on and you can pick it up for around £25 (A)

same with me last year on the release day i picked it up at tesco for £25

Friday cant come sooner now, Just want to pick United and hit Chelsea for 8 (H)

There's already been a patch released for FIFA 11 so when you get your copy you'll be prompted to update. The patch addresses several issues that were not fixed in time for shipping, like Pressure, first touch, trapping, shielding.

Tweaks to pro passing also make it seem less noticeable and ping-pong passings is more applicable than the demo, but still not as bad as FIFA 10.

Also for those interested in the replay theater, it's a big, big let down. You can only save 5 goals to your hard drive and they save in video format and once you've saved the camera angle, you're stuck with it as it proccesses it like a video file ready to upload. It also saves in the same video quality as the goals you can upload.

That is poor from EA, very poor.
FIFA is still miles behind Pro Evo when it comes to replays in my opinion.

FIFA is still miles behind Pro Evo when it comes to replays in my opinion.

No doubt, if Konami have done it ever since the PSX, don't see why it's so hard for EA to do it too.

No, I'm not saying they can't, I'm saying they shouldn't. Why should a place with a vastly smaller fanbase get preferential treatment?

It's not preferential treatment, games in America just come out on Tuesdays as opposed to Fridays like here. I'd imagine EA didn't want the additional hassle of breaking conventions for a simultaneous release date. Of course I would have been nice if they'd release it over there on the 6th, but I think they already have another two sports titles releasing in October.

Last edited:
Just be thankful you all *** FIFA and not PES, for some bizarre reason the UK has to wait an extra 8 days compared to mainland Europe.

EU September 30, 2010
UK October 8, 2010

:'(

Just be thankful you all *** FIFA and not PES, for some bizarre reason the UK has to wait an extra 8 days compared to mainland Europe.

EU September 30, 2010
UK October 8, 2010

:'(

Is it not out on Friday?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back