The FIFA 11 Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Calum
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2K
  • Views Views 164K
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes you do. If you check your hub after the match, the points have increased. I really don't get quitters, once I scored on the 18th minute and the opponent quit. It's not like he had 72 minutes to score.

By the way, played a match vs Arsenal, won it 2-0 after extra-time. Then I saw I had lost 40 points, it was recorded as a 3-0 defeat and a disconnect for me. ******* cheaters.

Hmmm well on the main menu where it shows online ranked points with your friends, mine have remained static and haven't changed once after those 5 quitters. It ****** me off because I lose points when I lose a game yet whenever I am winning a game, 9 times out of 10 the other person will disconnect and I get nothing. I'm considering just not playing online because it's a waste of time with all these quitters and I hate unranked because most people just edit their teams so a team likes Wigan is on par with Barcelona...

Hey geezas!

Anyone fancy a game on PS3?best out of 3.

PSN:FaShizzy

Last edited:
My youth academy is awesome!

I had a 16 year old at 89, and one at 88. Signed them both, and the one at 88 went up to 93. Now I have a decent ST to support Lukaku up front!

(In 2016)

How do you make a VP team???
And would anyone be interested in running one??

I wondered if there was ever going to be a game more infuriating than FM. But I found it with FIFA 11. The amount of people who use cheap long ball tactics online is very annoying. Just hoof it up to the big man up front and watch him push past your defenders and end up 1 on 1 with the keeper every time.

Well well well, what a pleasant surprise. EA are actually releasing a game-fixing update again for FIFA 11! Usually we don't get a real patch at all after Christmas.

We now have final details and a date for a new update for FIFA 11. All this information exists elsewhere on the forum, but here's a thread to collect it into one place for easy reference and linking.

Patch Date
PS3: 8am GMT 16th March
Xbox 360: 9am GMT 16th March
Automatic update for connected consoles

Patch Details

FIFA 11
The three things we will address for the FIFA 11 main game are the biggest asks from the community currently, so we’re glad to be able to improve things here for you.

* Firstly, we will be fixing an issue with FIFA 11’s Clubs mode which allows clubs to unfairly end games without a penalty when they are losing: The so-called Trigger Glitch. This involves clubs arranging a disconnection to the game via the Player Ratings screen. To make extra sure that this issue is completely resolved for you, we will be removing this screen from the pause menu of all online modes.

* Secondly, we will be addressing poor teammate AI when playing as a Virtual Pro. Our fix will make sure that, no matter what difficulty you set for your opponent, your team AI will be much improved, making for an altogether better experience when playing the game in this way.

* Finally, we will correct a problem where your Virtual Pro can’t be brought into your Career Mode game.

FIFA 11 Ultimate Team
We recently released a big, complex update for Ultimate Team, bringing new Friends Leaderboards and Play A Friend Challenge features to the game. A few new issues surfaced after this release, and we’ll be addressing those as well:

* After the release of the new Ultimate Team features it became possible for some users to gain control of an opponent’s team during online play. We will stop this happening.

* We will correct an issue that prevents FUT players placing bids in auctions above 1,000,000 coins.

* We will fix a problem that causes the scrolling to accelerate uncontrollably when using the D-Pad to select a bid amount on auctions.

* Finally, dysfunctional ‘take-me-there’ links within the FUT interface will be working again.

Thanks again for your continued feedback and support. While the three things we’re addressing for the FIFA 11 main game are big ones for the community and the update will improve the experience of the game for a lot of people, we do recognise that there’s a lot more feedback from you in other areas. We have read it all, compiled it, and have made it a central pillar of the things we’re already working on. So, for that reason, keep it coming!

http://forum.ea.com/uk/posts/list/423956.page

Looks like they're actually doing work on Clubs for once, yay :)

Is it for online clubs ye? Because it said no matter what the difficulity you set for your oppenent so I thought it meant offline? Hopefully its clubs tho as it will cut out the need for a ANY if the AI can actually make a desiscion themselves. Also happy the result glitch is gone its horrible when your after beating someone and they do it.

Is it for online clubs ye? Because it said no matter what the difficulity you set for your oppenent so I thought it meant offline? Hopefully its clubs tho as it will cut out the need for a ANY if the AI can actually make a desiscion themselves. Also happy the result glitch is gone its horrible when your after beating someone and they do it.

Yeah they do word it so that it sounds like it's main focus of the AI upgrade is for offline clubs, but I'd imagine it will carry over into online clubs without 'any' players, since whatever difficulty they're set to should be getting an improvement.

Experiencing strange problems with online clubs, only started playing yesterday , so I am only rating 73 and a CB. Anyway, what happens is, I'm not sure if it is lag, but when I run, I will stop running with my controller, but my player will carry on for a while. It makes my player uncontrollable and annoying, this has not always happened, but in the last two matches it has happened and it is extremely annoying. Also I will click to pass and it is around two-three seconds before my player passes. Has anyone experienced similar problems and know why it is?

Thanks

It's just lag mate..

If that happens leave the match before 5 mins are on the clock and it won't go onto your clubs record.

I know this is the FIFA 11 thread, but the first FIFA 12 screenshot is coming today at 5pm GMT (so should be 4PM BST) on the official facebook page. Hopefully this means that they're going to concentrate resources on improving gameplay until it goes gold if they're already happy enough with the graphical engine to show off a screenshot.

Yeah I dont care about the graphics now, pretty early for a screenshot though....

Graphics can't get much better really, they need to concentrate on general gameplay.

Graphics can't get much better really, they need to concentrate on general gameplay.

There's a lot they could improve to bring things up to scratch with modern standards, especially lighting, which would probably make the most difference since the game is played too zoomed out for minor detail to matter much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back