The FIFA 11 Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Calum
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2K
  • Views Views 164K
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like to see players run more like their real "selfs". Ronaldo, Ronaldinho, Mess etc have fairly distinctive running styles and I dont see that in Fifa 11 really

I would like to see players run more like their real "selfs". Ronaldo, Ronaldinho, Mess etc have fairly distinctive running styles and I dont see that in Fifa 11 really

I think they made a point of doing Ronaldo and maybe Messi's styles. I wouldn't know how accurate they are though.

Yeah they have done Cristiano's Running style but as far as im aware Messi and Ronaldhino are just ordinary, Ronaldo is the only person with a different running style really.

Jeez, trying to make a gameface for my VP and I am doing it on Rooney, So I get a pic etc and let it generate and this is what it comes up with...

Jeez I know he is ugly but this is bad even by his standards

knlxA.png

Is it me or is the ref Derek Millborrow on this game, asboutly awful?! Even 3 minutes into a match, you make one soft challenge and he's dishing out the yellows. Everytime I get him as match ref, at least one of my players is sent off :@

i cant start a new season in manager mode because there is no PSN so you get no updated squads and your stuck with torres in liverpool etc :(

Time for my rant - the Chinese ref.

Since when when you pass the ball BACKWARDS to the oncoming Dirk Kuyt result in an offside! Gahhhh.

Late on in the game when one goal behind on UT. Especially in the replay when it shows the RED LINE ALL THE WAY BACK!

i cant start a new season in manager mode because there is no PSN so you get no updated squads and your stuck with torres in liverpool etc :(

did you not update before

Yes but when you start a new career you have to download lastest squads or use default squads

Fairly sure you can save the downloaded squads and then select them in a new game

The first FIFA 12 details are starting to sneak out, via the French version of Official PlayStation Magazine.

According to rough translations of the magazine, this year's footy sim is set to include an 'Impact Engine' which realistically tracks player contact and injuries, plus "more human" player AI.

The first FIFA 12 screenshot was released by EA Sports earlier this month.

Here are your bullet points:

• FIFA 12 introduces the 'Impact Engine' which properly tracks and formulates contact between players, including their hips, knees etc.
  • The AI will also keep track of areas of the body players have been injured during a match. Players can also become injured off the ball if abused too much, especially late in the game.
  • FIFA 12 also introduces 'AI Vision Game' (rough translation), which promises to make passing more realistic. If you try to complete a pass to a player that's not within visible range, for example, it's less likely you'll complete the pass. EA hopes this will get rid of "blind passing".
  • Personality Plus is more developed and should influence AI players' passes this time.
  • AI is said to be "more human", with each player acting more or less according to his abilities. One example given is when an AI player sees Fabregas coming towards him with the ball, he'll act more carefully.
  • OPM describes "new presentation" of matches in FIFA 12, which are said to be very much inspired by English football crowds.
  • The game includes three new arenas, this time with integrated benches along the sidelines and "impressive lighting effects" according to OPM France.
  • Integration of a new short dribble with the left stick.
  • The game features a new camera that's noticeably closer to the ground.
  • There's also a new menu interface that appears to be simpler and more ergonomic than before.
News: FIFA 12: First details - ComputerAndVideoGames.com

Sounds pretty immense.. hope it lives up to expectations.

• The AI will also keep track of areas of the body players have been injured during a match. Players can also become injured off the ball if abused too much, especially late in the game.

Can see this being a problem for online gaming especially clubs. Still, hopefully Fifa will be even better next year.

Can see this being a problem for online gaming especially clubs. Still, hopefully Fifa will be even better next year.
meh Injuries never really happen badly on clubs. Like i dont remember anyone missing games due to injury.
Also the second wind trait means all is good

If the article said, Their will be no new features, It will be exactly the same as Fifa 11, I would still pre-order it and buy it the second it came out, I can't help myself I'm a sucker for Fifa!

Bleugh.

Don't you hate it when noobs, attempt getting their players sent off, after they go 2-0/3-0 down in a match.. And usually fail.

Christ, its just a game :(

Bleugh.

Don't you hate it when noobs, attempt getting their players sent off, after they go 2-0/3-0 down in a match.. And usually fail.

Christ, its just a game :(

or people who just switch off the playstation when you're killing them, or when you've just won it in the last minute, and you lose connection with them

Christ its just a game :P :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back