The FIFA 12 Thread

Career Mode is really good :) Enjoying it so far got to November 1st.

Just conceded the worst penno ever!

I was standing up against someone outside of the box, they cut inside, I had them covered, they had a shot, easily saved by my keeper, but as they shot, one of my players (who I wasn't controlling) and was about 10 yards away, tried to 'block' the ball with a slide tackle, and took out one of their players.

I was ******* raging!

Just conceded the worst penno ever!

I was standing up against someone outside of the box, they cut inside, I had them covered, they had a shot, easily saved by my keeper, but as they shot, one of my players (who I wasn't controlling) and was about 10 yards away, tried to 'block' the ball with a slide tackle, and took out one of their players.

I was ******* raging!

Welcome to PES 2010

How do you actually defend on this game? Every match I play is just a goalfest coz no-one can tackle. Just ragequit my first game because modric and lennon are so overrated its impossible to get anywhere near them.

How do you actually defend on this game? Every match I play is just a goalfest coz no-one can tackle. Just ragequit my first game because modric and lennon are so overrated its impossible to get anywhere near them.
I actually found it extremely easy tackling with circle when playing against my friends. L2 is useless IMO so are the other controls unless you're going to be playing the whole match as a defender. (Be a pro)

I actually found it extremely easy tackling with circle when playing against my friends. L2 is useless IMO so are the other controls unless you're going to be playing the whole match as a defender. (Be a pro)

Its ******* me off atm, if i jockey they just flick the right stick and sprint pass, if i call another player over they just cut it back for a tap in and if i attempt a tackle it just bounces to another one of their players. Its lucky I can actually score or i'd be terrible at the game.

You need to imagine the game is Bumper Cars! Thats what I do, and I am ranked up around 2000 ish, no idea how lol. It's quite easy to defend once you get used to it. You need to predict where they will pass, so you can intercept, jocky them, not using A, but using the LB or RB (or LT/RT, can't remember which one), once you get about a foot or two away from them, release it and run into them, you should win the ball 9 times out of 10, or at least stop them.

As well as that, if they break through, bring your keeper out to about the penno spot, it tightens the angle, often they just run into you and you save it, and if they try and lob you, you have a good chance of saving it/getting back to grab it before it goes in.

My H2H record is 7-1-6.

In Division 9, Season Two- 4 points needed from 3 games to get a back-to-back promotion into Division 8. I'm loving the new H2H system, makes the game a bit more exciting and adds more too it when playing online. I'm also a fan of the new Tactical Defending- I'm not great at it, but its made the game more challenging, and more realistic. Trying out different teams on H2H has been fun- So far my favourites have been Chelsea, Man United & Brighton.

One negative, penalities are so easy to concede :(

After winning 3 times on Ultimate team I lost 11-0 then lost 5-4 :(

Anyone else think that the games are always too high scoring? To easy to score and too hard to defend.

Most of mine have been 5-0 ish too me, with my bronze team, and i beat 2 gold teams and beat someone else 9-0 ;D

Hoping to get the game Tuesday or summat but is the online division thing same as in WC2010? Loved it in that.

Cant fault Fifa 12 at all. Was always a Pro Evo fan until they messed it up. Love the way they have gone about re-doing the defending on it. A little dissapointed with the Classic Team line up though. No Maradona, Pele, Cruyff, Platini or Zidane but I doubt many play as the classic team though.

FIFA 12 - CLASSIC XI & WORLD XI ROSTER AND RATINGS - YouTube

Amazon are good, checked my account today and saw the expected delivery day had changed from Thursday to 5/10.

lal.

Still, played it enough round a pals all day and have come to the conclusion it's a pretty **** game and we're in for a long year of mediocrity.

tbh like every year once FM comes out I play that the most and hardly play Fifa.

Amazon are good, checked my account today and saw the expected delivery day had changed from Thursday to 5/10.

lal.

Still, played it enough round a pals all day and have come to the conclusion it's a pretty **** game and we're in for a long year of mediocrity.

If you think a game's **** because it actually takes skill rather than just running past people with fast stikers or holding A and B, then i agree with you its ****.

If you think a game's **** because it actually takes skill rather than just running past people with fast stikers or holding A and B, then i agree with you its ****.

Where did he say that? All he said is he thinks it's a pretty **** game. He didn't mention anything about skill.