The FIFA 12 Thread

alas i found a way to reconfigure the keys. just played recently, and the defense is a joke ;)

If you play that game long enough defending is as satisfying as scoring.It is absolutely brilliant.

Really, it just takes patience and getting used to. Started a career mode with Bayern (career mode is better as well) and Boateng and Badstuber well ****** awful because I couldn't get a hang of it. But I've played it for a while now and they're beasting everyone. Whoever said defending is as satisfying as scoring is totally right, every clean sheet is like a victory in itself.

If you think a game's **** because it actually takes skill rather than just running past people with fast stikers or holding A and B, then i agree with you its ****.

LOL.

It's **** for multiple reasons:
1. Goalkeepers are still **** in two ways, at dealing with (the still overpowered) finesse shots and getting taken on with absolute ease.
2. The impact engine just isn't good enough, still needs serious refining.
3. The minor changes to Manager mode aren't enough to make it a game-mode that's worth playing for the long haul.
4. The new H2H matchmaking system, although it had good intentions, is just poor now.
5. The game doesn't seem as responsive to clear passes that you are trying to make, no matter how long you hold the button for.

Better than FIFA11, but still pretty ****, so grow up please and stop crying over my opinion of a game.

I am a bit ****** off with Fifa 12 to be honest, not much difference at all from Fifa 11, the collision engine is ok and works well sometimes, the new defending system really takes getting used to (still find myself holding in O and R2) once you get the hang of it and it works it works well though, tugging a strikers shirt while you are using R1 to close him down and make the tackle or using R1 and marking the other player with your user contolled player to make that important intercept!

Graphics look a little better, I saw a vein in Rooneys arm and the skin looks a lot more realistic!

I guess I am being over critical as I am still not the biggest fan of the defending system and it is frustrating the opposition running from left to right with possession and making it extremely difficult winning back possession properly then to top it off pressing the wrong button (O) at the wrong time as you think you are using that to close him down :p and the back four are torn right open :)

Manager mode as Reddie mentioned has a few cool additions like deadline day transfers, players talking to you saying they want to play etc :) time will tell but its still growing on me at the moment....

so is the jockey button like contain the oppo.player ?

god **** it is difficult to defend. attacking is great, and i no longer rely the wings to start off with , like in fifa 11, but the defending is shabbles. i use the keybord and "z" is the jockey while "x" is player contain and "a" is team mate contain. i press the wrong button and bang, bad tackle, red card, and even leads to a goal. sigh :(

ill start the manager mode tmr and im real bad in teh BAP gk mode :p

Last edited:
My current team with Man City. 3rd season, spent over 500mil

Lloris
Richards - Kompany - Hummel - Bale
Casmeiro
Messi - Aguero/Neymar - Ronaldo
Dzeko - Tevez

Bench: Hart - Clichy - Lescott - Milner - Nasri - Neymar/Aguero - Balotelli

Still got Adam Johnson as well ;) Lowest rated player in first team is Richards at an 82. Messi is a 96 and Ronaldo's a 93. Too easy, seen some ridiculous transfers as well :\

3 seasons already!?!? :eek: I've only played about 6 games in my first season yet. XD

3 seasons already!?!? :eek: I've only played about 6 games in my first season yet. XD
too much boozing ben!! :p

i have played about 12 games in total... about 6 into my career mode with United:

I bought De Rossi, Kaka, Rui Patricio and Maicon :) mixture of youth and experience :)

I bought Owen and a CB because Caldwell got injured in a friendly and was out for 5 months :( gonna bash it tonight though :p my last game, I beat Everton 1 - 0 in the dying minutes :D

I am still playing on Semi-pro at the moment! lol! giving myself 20 games (altogether to get used to it then going up to Professional for the rest of the 1st season then re-evaluate from there) Beat Inter 5:0 but lost 2:1 to Tottenham :) lol

I started on World Class and have been finding it pretty challenging but I'm making do! :p

OMFG!!! I'm not exaggerating when I tell you this but I have honestly just played 20 matches in a row and in EVERY SINGLE match, the opposition keeper got Man of the Match EVERY TIME! I have not won one game tonight, online or offline.. This is turning in to a joke!

OMFG!!! I'm not exaggerating when I tell you this but I have honestly just played 20 matches in a row and in EVERY SINGLE match, the opposition keeper got Man of the Match EVERY TIME! I have not won one game tonight, online or offline.. This is turning in to a joke!

Put the GK AL down then. :)

I'm keeping a clean sheet every game, but I cant score. Most of my games finish 0-0 and the rest finish 1-0 to me aha. If I put the difficulty up I will never score :)

Getting a bit more used to the defending now. It's good, but can also make for mind numbingly boring periods of play where the AI just dribble or pass it laterally across the pitch in front of your defence so you can't get it back. Also you can't press as the AI will just dribble or pass round you. Overall though I'd say the new defending is a success.

Finding it v. hard to score now, wing play has been downgraded as crossing seems to be quite poor now, and as always on FIFA it's hard to play through the middle because the players don't make good runs. All my goals come from the 1,2 between the strikers or a cut in and shoot, which is quite overpowered. (Although I am playing as Charlton so being a prem team might make it easier to score.)

Online is better, players aren't so tentative so there is far more space to attack- some people are so bad at the defending which adds some humour to the game :) have a perfect 4 for 0 record so far. 2 ultimate team, 2 H2H.

All in all I give the game an 83% There are some very annoying issues, but the framework has been laid for fifa 13. If they can build on what they have and iron out the major problems, the next FIFA could be really special.