The FIFA 12 Thread

Hate playing Against Liverpool in my Career Mode as Rossi and Suarez are nightmares to play against and always score :(

Beat them 4-3 in a cracker of a game though ;)

I have played 9 games online, including 4 in the 'EA Shield' and haven't conceded a single goal yet.

That record won't last long :(

I have played 9 games online, including 4 in the 'EA Shield' and haven't conceded a single goal yet.

Can i play against you? I want to ruin or record. Are you ps3 or Xbox?

What's your tips for defending? I tend to do quite well winning the ball high up the pitch and tackling players with low dribbling ability but when it comes trying to stop goal scoring opportunities I can't seem to get near any striker with half decent dribbling.

filipe_18 said:
Can i play against you? I want to ruin or record. Are you ps3 or Xbox?

PS3.

Jamie F said:
What's your tips for defending? I tend to do quite well winning the ball high up the pitch and tackling players with low dribbling ability but when it comes trying to stop goal scoring opportunities I can't seem to get near any striker with half decent dribbling.

My tip is get lucky and play vs **** opponents.

In all seriousness though, generally the biggest reason for the not conceding is, in FM terms, 'Stopper' + 'Cover'. That's how I make my CBs play.

It always helps that I was being overpowered Madrid, but when the opponents are Chelsea, Barcelona x 3, Real Madrid and Argentina then meh.

OMFG.
I just experienced my first loss, and he scored the most stupid goal ever. He shot from outside my box with a finesse shot and the ball was SLOWLY rolling into my goal.. and my keeper just dived over it! OVER IT! It was only the 2nd minute so I had plenty of time to score but his keeper saved all of my shots! It was unbelievable! He only had one shot in target and he scored that!
/rant over.

PS3.

My tip is get lucky and play vs **** opponents.

In all seriousness though, generally the biggest reason for the not conceding is, in FM terms, 'Stopper' + 'Cover'. That's how I make my CBs play.

It always helps that I was being overpowered Madrid, but when the opponents are Chelsea, Barcelona x 3, Real Madrid and Argentina then meh.
I try and rely on my midfield to try win the ball back so my defence doesn't get stretched. Works well most of the time but any ball over the top and since everybody has a quick striker and my fastest CB has 63 pace, I am left for dead and will concede that way usually at least once a game. I guess UT can be a ***** sometimes

Hahah currently 2 games in hand and just need 2 points to get my 3rd promotion in a row :D

Has anyone played career mode yet? Really need to know if players actually grow this time.

I try and rely on my midfield to try win the ball back so my defence doesn't get stretched. Works well most of the time but any ball over the top and since everybody has a quick striker and my fastest CB has 63 pace, I am left for dead and will concede that way usually at least once a game. I guess UT can be a ***** sometimes

I can't relate, I've never been fond of UT personally.

Though being ANY on Clubs makes me want to kill myself.

I can't relate, I've never been fond of UT personally.

Though being ANY on Clubs makes me want to kill myself.
I have resorted to having to stick Aly Cissohko of Lyon in at centre back, such is the issue. He has 86 pace so it does help but I hate having to resort to putting rather fast black men in defence instead of proper defenders. UT I find suits me but I can understand if it's not for everybody

is it just me or the server bit **** this weekend every game is so much lag just like fifa 11 :( hope it goes soon

New easy way to do skill moves.. Hold LT or L2? and do a fake shot (Press B/X or Square/Circle quickly followed by A or X to counter the shot/cross) whilst moving the left analog stick in any direction, the better your skill moves, the better the trick. You'll probably already know this, but just incase you don't, saves messing around with the right analog stick and getting the trick you were supposed to do wrong.

In my carreer mode with Arsenal 2nd season in and City are the only team who have basically sold thier whole team lol

Bold means they are still there.
Hart

Richards Kompany Toure Clichy

Silva Yaya De Jong Nasri

Aguero Dzeko​

Didn't know FIFA was rigged. Playing the career mode as Anzhi, we were leading the league with 66 points ahead of Rubin with 64 before the last game of the season. When I started to play the last match, I got the league winning achievement even though Rubin still had a chance of overtaking me. They were playing against Spartak Moskva, I was playing against CSKA. Spartak were indeed leading 1-0 at half time.

Has Rooney's father got something to do with this?!

The ammount of headers the CPU score against me in manager mode is unreal :(

I am in the division 7 at the moment, 9 points with 6 games in hand, just need more 6 to go up to division 6! would be 6 seasons 4 promotions, not bad!

Loving this years Fifa, I have mastered the art of defending now and it is such an amazing game! Halfway through the 1st season with United! Cant wait to get home and play some more!

Having now played it quite a bit, IMO it could be great but there are a few things holding it back.

Ultimate team starts off being an epic mode but gets **** when you realise that 4 times out of 5 the team with the higher chemistry wins.

The online is usually good but it is possible to exploit the defending and just dribble into the box and win a goal/ penalty. Also Barca are untouchable!

Career mode is good but atm I'm finding world class too easy and legendary too hard which is annoying. Also you players never ever ever attack headers, in attack or defence. Unless I have a massive hight advantage, every aerial dual is won by the oppo. Overall though it's a good effort, if they iron out these things fifa 13 could be amazing.