Just awoke to the good news, well done Pat!

Finally someone who knows how to use Messi properly, as the hulking targetman he is! :p

Me and Disclaimer had a practice match earlier, very close game, finished 2-1 to me (Bayern v Madrid), was filled with some FM shtick.

Me and Disclaimer had a practice match earlier, very close game, finished 2-1 to me (Bayern v Madrid), was filled with some FM shtick.

A well deserved win though man, so congrats!

That scramble on the line was insane!...If only :p

Craig & Kaarto still down for tonight/tomorrow? Anyone else have their matches scheduled?

I'll get mine sorted with Yeti soon! Internet seems to be finally back to normal (so far!).

Lewie (man city) and I (chelsea) just played 2 practice matches as a warm up for my up coming fixture against Yeti!

5-0 to Chelsea in the 1st game.

2nd game ended 2-1 to Man City. Lewie beat me tactically. Well deserved.

Last edited:
McGrath did his ankle? We won't be stepping on any cricket balls.

Don't put too much pressure on me :O

I almost rolled my ankle doing a victory dance last night :p

& there's no pressure mate, its all too easy for the Aussies atm!

I almost rolled my ankle doing a victory dance last night :p

& there's no pressure mate, its all too easy for the Aussies atm!

"Confidence is food for the wise man but liquor for the fool"

Vikram, The Office USA ;)

Last edited:
The game is indeed still on for today (assuming Kaarto is also able). I'm hoping to start a miraculous fightback.

Before anyone else plays I want to clarify what happens in the event of a draw. This is by no means set in stone, if everyone else disagrees then that's fine, but this (Option A) is my understanding of what will happen, along with a couple of other options so that people can say what they'd prefer.

If the game is drawn after 90 mins, it's just given as a draw. Due to the fact that the versus game setup is a "Versus Cup", I assume it will go on to extra time and penalties in this instance. By this rule, anything that happens in extra time and penalties is irrelevant, so even if you go on to win in either of those formats, it's still a draw. We can call this Option A.

Option B would be that if it's drawn after 90 minutes, but one side scores a winner in extra time, then that side is awarded the win. If it goes to penalties then regardless of the winner of the shootout, it is given a draw.

Option C would be that if someone wins on penalties, they are awarded the win.

In my opinion, Option A is the most fair way of doing this, although Option B would be fairly reasonable as well - one disadvantage being that one team may have substituted players in regulation time to hold a result or find an equaliser, and won't be on level footing for extra time, but that may just be considered tough luck. I personally don't think Option C is fair, but that may just be me.

A draw is not a bad result, as it is reflective of what happens in the cricket Ashes. It is possible to have a drawn match, or even series, and there are no tie-breakers (such as a shootout) or a 6th day if a result hasn't been reached. Some people may prefer that this has a definite winner for each game and each test match, and thus the series overall, but it is up to the captains and the participants to decide this.

Please let me know what you would prefer. Anyone not involved is also welcome to have a say. If anyone comes up with an alternative to the three listed options, then please tell us!

Not involved in this, but Option A is definitely the best and the most fair, since Test matches do end in draws more often than not :p

The game is indeed still on for today (assuming Kaarto is also able). I'm hoping to start a miraculous fightback.

All good.

Anyone not involved is also welcome to have a say. If anyone comes up with an alternative to the three listed options, then please tell us!

If this isn't sorted by the time I have my match, and for some miraculous reason I get FM'd, and I'm not winning 11-0 at the end of the 90, we'll record everything that happens in ET/Penalties so we'll have the result no matter what option is chosen.

If this isn't sorted by the time I have my match, and for some miraculous reason I get FM'd, and I'm not winning 11-0 at the end of the 90, we'll record everything that happens in ET/Penalties so we'll have the result no matter what option is chosen.

Yeah of course, feel free to talk about the extra time etc, it can be like a draw where they were 9/150 chasing 500 at the end of day 5 :p

Kaarto & Craig didn't play? :'(

Hope there wasn't any problems :S

Yea, we did play, i was just waiting for the report to be posted before passing comment...