The FM11 Editing Help thread

• Thread starter Thread starter tiraths
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 790
  • Views Views 158K
hi all

I just wonder how to disable extinct competitions.

when I play with Indonesian club, the extinct ASEAN Club Championships is playable.
I don't want it playable, so it's pretty annoying.

anybody know how to deal with it?
thanks in advance...

Just a question, is it possible to make a play-off in a league for the league title like what has been suggested for the SPL recently?

The top 4 teams would play, it is meant to be 1st vs 4th and 2nd vs 3rd and the winners would meet at Hampden.

Just a question, is it possible to make a play-off in a league for the league title like what has been suggested for the SPL recently?

The top 4 teams would play, it is meant to be 1st vs 4th and 2nd vs 3rd and the winners would meet at Hampden.

i think there is the option for a championship playoff in the nation rules however i'm not sure whether this will affect promotion if used outside the top tier of a league system.

I've made my own nation, league, cups and I wanted to know how do I set it so that the teams qualify for a continental cup via the league ie: 1st - Champions League, 2nd - Europa League etc

I've made my own nation, league, cups and I wanted to know how do I set it so that the teams qualify for a continental cup via the league ie: 1st - Champions League, 2nd - Europa League etc

remake the champions and europa league?

exactly what's the point of doing this thread and nobody answers??? :S

exactly what's the point of doing this thread and nobody answers??? :S
Thank you for your patience, your questions are important to us....

hey, i wanted to know how to cancel a transfer....help appreciated thanks :)
in the editor on a players contartc screen there is a 'future transfer' tab, just delete any future transfer

when im editing defenders there stars dont go up on my defenders rating from my assistant why
if you have 5 CBs which are all 200CA then they will on have a rating of around 3 stars because not one of these would stand out from the others so therefore would not be seen as indispensible to your team - if you only had on that good then he would have 5 stars. Star ratings are based on how useful they would be to your entire team - if you have **** loads of world class players then they wont be rated so highly

Is it possible for a player to represent both a FIFA and non-FIFA nation without any trouble? I know in RL that this is possible, but in game can players accept call-ups for both teams?
I dont think so mate

ibo-cool said:
Thanks Triv
MarkGidman said:
Legend mate, cheers
Nit-a-nee said:
Thanks Triv, appreciate your time answering these questions
No probs guys, Merry Xmas to you all

---------- Post added at 05:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:23 PM ----------

when you make a custom cup you get to name it what you like

Hi guys I have added various leagues in minor countries and the minimum salaries are not accurate. I would like the normal youth contract to be lower and the minimum salary to be lower. Thanks for any help.

Quick question:

Who do the work permit rules pertain to? Anyone outside of the country? Outside of the EU?

I want to make a database with a 0 foreigner rule (very time consuming) but I just noticed that if you just go to Add nation rules > add lower divisions and cups to existing structures, you can edit the work permit rules. If I make the permit rule for both existing and income players that their salary has to be 99999999999 quid per week, than no foreigners would have work permits, correct? And they'd all have to leave? What about in the UK? Do Scottish players need a work permit to play in the EPL?

Edit: tried it, and nothing happened...why?

---------- Post added at 07:41 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 04:49 PM ----------

I figured out a way around this whole thing. You go to each nation and where it says "players recognized as EU" remove the European Union. This way none of the players count as EU status. Then, you go to the work permit rules and make it impossible for them to get a work permit (by making the wage ridiculously high). This doesn't do anything for most players though because they already have work permits. So then you go to player data, and edit it so that each foreigner doesn't have a work permit.

I am testing this out in various countries to see if it works, and so far, it seems to be. But from what I understand, Scottish/Welsh/Northern Irish players don't have to apply for a work permit to play in England. Any way around this other than re-creating the Premier League?

---------- Post added at 07:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:41 AM ----------

It didn't work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It did work for Vieira and Tevez. Since I edited them and clicked 'doesn't have a work permit' on their player data, neither of them had permits and couldn't play. But I signed Mexes, and at first the work permit decision was delayed, and I holidayed, and then it was accepted!!!!! This makes no sense. I set the minimum wage for a work permit on like 100000000 per week. His wage definitely wasn't that. So how come it didn't work???????

Also, I holidayed with another team in a different save. Premiership teams sign South American players without any problems, even though this should be against the work permit rule because their salary isn't high enough (not 100000000 per week). Also, Tevez just sits on the bench at Man City (because he doesn't have a work permit) and isn't even bothered by it.

Can someone please help? Are there any tricks you know of that can keep teams from signing any foreigners? Something in the advanced editor maybe? I would really appreciate some help on this.

Last edited:
Hey guys, I am having a lot of trouble with creating a custom team with custom players.
I've succesfully managed to create a team, and gave it funds, a stadium, shirts and it all seems to work.

However, I can't seem to make the players appear in the team. I've created 19 players from scratch, but only the first one comes up in the team when I create a game. I have no idea why this happens.
None of the players except the one with the lowest ID appears in the game at all.... the one with the lowest ID does appear in the game, contracted to the team and everything seems fine with him.

Note that I did not duplicate any of the players, I thought that was the problem at first, because I used that earlier, and it did not work, so I figured that was the problem and made all 19 from scratch.

Please help, I'd really like to get this to work! Anyone?

EDIT:
Update, I've found a weird bug that is related to the issue: whenever I go to the Database > Clubs and click on my created club, then go to Staff and Players, and doubleclick on any of the players, I get an all-empty sheet at every one of them except the first ID. However, if I go to Database > People and search them, they appear to be fine.

Last edited:
Kits not showing.

Hope I posted in right thread. Only editing I have done so far is to change gain nationality rule from 5 yrs to 2 in Ireland and renamed the two continental cups Champions League and Europa League. I tried to start a game then. Everything is fine except no club has kits. I played a game and the clubs are playing in their respective kits during the match but outside of the match screen its impossible to tell team colours unless I already know them. This can make the tactics screen furstating. Any help or suggestions would be most welcome.

Is it possible to make like 7-8 year olds?

Is it possible to make like 7-8 year olds?

i would think so (if you can set people to that age) although they might not turn up in your game until they are old enough for the countries minimum youth contract.

---------- Post added at 01:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:48 AM ----------

Hi
I want to edit the referee's in engand
how do i do that?

it depends what you want to do.

bumb :
Hi guys I have added various leagues in minor countries and the minimum salaries are not accurate. I would like the normal youth contract to be lower and the minimum salary to be lower. Thanks for any help.

I would like to make a database, where the EPL teams are made into/combined together, by counties or regions in england. For instance Merseyside FC - Everton and Liverpool, North East - Newcastle and Sunderland, Manchester - City and Utd, Lancashire - Blackpool, Bolton, Blackburn and Wigan, Midlands - Villa, Birmingham, Wolves, WBA and Stoke, London - Chelsea, West Ham, Fulham, Spurs and Arsenal

So thats 6 teams made up of the EPL.

I want to make that into a league system, but include championship and lower league regional teams, Such as; Lower League North West, LL East (all of East England), LL Midlands, and LL South (including Swansea and Cardiff) Could also include Glasgow clubs, Edinburgh clubs, if needed. To make 12.

10 / 12 teams are there, with no promotion or relegation, and a "Copa Del Rey" style Cup.

I am pretty useless at editing, so I need to know how to go about making this database, and i also need to know if anyone has attempted this before or if anyone has any tips or advice on the task. And how time consuming it is going to be, (I am not patient when it comes to editing!)

Thanks, Hilly :)

bumb :

the only thing i can think of is that you could try to lower the financial thingy in the nation, it's found on the same bit as the years to gain nationality but i can't remember what it's called off the top of my head.

Back