The FM11 Editing Help thread

• Thread starter Thread starter tiraths
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 790
  • Views Views 158K
Yeah on a new game I can pick it but not the editor, I use steam btw.

anyone know how to remove the rules from england that mean you cant sign under 18 players from, say, brazil? thanks!
you want to be able to sign brazilian under 18's for english clubs?

if so, download this No Work Permits

---------- Post added at 01:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:58 AM ----------

Yeah on a new game I can pick it but not the editor, I use steam btw.
thats very strange, i'm sorry mate i have know idea why it isn't showing

You could re-install FM (make sure you copy your saved games etc in a new folder on your desktop and then put them back in the right place once you've installed)

Ok ill try.

---------- Post added at 02:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:10 AM ----------

How do you uninstall with steam.

On the library, right click Football Manager 2011 and click delete local content

I had 2 delete steam cos i didnt know

chances are that the default wage limit by the game is lower than 100000000 per week so it probably doesn't recognize this command - try lowering this to just 1million pounds cos lets be honest nobody will get that much! and its likely to be within the games default limit

I tried it and set it to 900,000 pounds per week just to be sure (I figured it wouldn't recognize 7 figures since you can't give a player a 7 figure salary, but 6 figures should be fine. Anyways, I was able to buy a South American player with Ajax only paying him 22,000 a week. This makes NO sense. Why are the rules not working???? Does anyone have any suggestions? Maybe I'm doing something wrong: can anyone else get this to work?

My only alternative is to re-create each league with the advanced editor. Many of the leagues are already done (see my thread) but if I could do this instead it would save a lot of time. Mostly I want to do it for the Argentine league because no one has been very successful with the Opening/Closing stage format (not to mention the promotion based on three year averages would be impossible).

Not sure if this had been asked already, sorry if it has, but last year there was an add on to the database which allowed you to add nations and continents, and stuff you couldn't do in the normal editor. Is there one for this year?

hey i replaced tamworth with my team wefta fc but wen i go to play it i have no money to spend and i tryed looking at other clubs but no one has money cant fix it help!!!

Is it possible to edit the database to how it is in real life and play from this point?

I.e. Play from 1st of January in England with all real transfers/loans and results up to this point done (e.g. Preston bottom of championship and Q.P.R. top).

I know you can start from different points in the game but the fixtures/results won't be the same and I want to do a challenge to keep Preston up from 1st January after Darren Ferguson was sacked.

Is it possible to edit the database to how it is in real life and play from this point?

I.e. Play from 1st of January in England with all real transfers/loans and results up to this point done (e.g. Preston bottom of championship and Q.P.R. top).

I know you can start from different points in the game but the fixtures/results won't be the same and I want to do a challenge to keep Preston up from 1st January after Darren Ferguson was sacked.

sorry mate but it's not possibile, the only way to do it would be to go through game by game reloading the save every time until you get the right results for every single match.

---------- Post added at 05:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:28 AM ----------

hey i replaced tamworth with my team wefta fc but wen i go to play it i have no money to spend and i tryed looking at other clubs but no one has money cant fix it help!!!

i'e never seen taht happen before, have you checked all of these teams finances in the editor on your database to make sure they match what they are to strat off with?

---------- Post added at 05:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:29 AM ----------

No, that's completely what I didn't mean.

There was an add on to the FM10 editor which allowed to you add things that you couldn't like new nations, not just added nation rules to existing nations.

i think you might be looking for the advanced editor which can be found on the si forums.

On the editor is it possible to do a search, as i want to c all the managers you have a miniumim current abillity.?

yeah you can if you go people, filters then youcan run a search.

Are any of you good with the advanced editor? I have been working for hours trying to figure out how to create a 0 foreigner rule. One option is to re-create all of the competitions: not as bad in the advanced editor as it would be under add nation rules, but still extremely time consuming. Someone made me a template with Italy, and it worked (0 foreigners), and I used it to successfully make a Spain file as well. But if I use this method, I won't be able to successfully re-create leagues with complicated rules, such as Mexico, and especially, Argentina.

Someone told me though that you don't have to re-create the competitions, you just have to add them and set the version on '0.' I went into my Italy file, erased everything under the competition (stages and fixtures), leaving (under list) only 'nation' and the competitions, without anything filled out other than the 'type' and 'competition' tabs under competition (and under nation, type, nation, required teams, and reserve rules tabs are filled out as well). This worked perfectly, and I was able to use this template successfully for Holland and Argentina. But when I tried to do it for Portugal, it crashes while it's loading the database. I have quintuple checked it to see if there are any errors, and there aren't but it doesn't work.

http://uploading.com/files/m2ebe819/porexperiment.xml/

Can someone PLEASE help me? I've had the game for two weeks and am dying to play it but I can't until I get this database finished.

Edit: this is downright bizzare. I have successfully done this with Holland, Argentina, Brazil, Mexico, Greece, Turkey, and Korea. I have been unable to do it for Belguim (actually got an warning: array out of bounds message before I got a crash dump), Portugal, Ukraine, Russia, and Uruguay. I'm going to try one or two others. I don't care too much about Belgium, Uruguay, or the others I'll try, but I absolutely have to do this for Portugal, Ukraine, and Russia. Can someone help please?

Last edited:
Back